Thread: Just a Story

Post Just a Story

Last night at about 1:00am I heard the most god awful racket outside my window. I woke my dad ( a captain) and we went outside to investigate. The air was filled with dust and we spent a few minutes trying to find a car that had gone out of control and stopped in the trees across the street from my house. The car was a total wreck and when I peaked inside all I could see was that the driver had been forced into an almost supine position and that he was not moving, I feared the worst. Well I ran back across the street and put on my turnout pants and helmet and ran back to see that the driver was a guy that I went to school with and that he had extricated himself from the destroyed vehicle. He seemed fine, but little did I know that he was drunk and he wasn't going to feel anything for a while.

We ended up transporting him to a hospital and I am sad to say there was only one fatality, an innocent rabbit that was caught in the headlights.

It's not every day that someone wrecks their car in front of a firefighter's house.

EXPCAP760

Sr. Information Officer

Default Re: Just a Story

Originally posted by EXPCAP760
    I am sad to say there was only one fatality, an innocent rabbit that was caught in the headlights.
    ?????

Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

well that sux for the rabbit. wut a conceidence that u knew the guy. good thing he didnt get hurt. thats y u dont drink and drive.

garrett hitchcock

whenever there is a drunk driviing accident the drunk driver never gets hurt its always the innocent person who gets hurt or even killed, but a rabbitt who cares?
    Jeff Gurski

IACOJ BOD

The Rabbit?

Forum Member
    Waynesboro, VA, possibly relocating to Virginia Beach in the near future!

"Explorer Captain 760 to any available ALS unit, be advised we have a working code across from my house. Patient is approximately 1 foot long and about 5 pounds. Patient was also struck by vehicle and may have internal injuries. Also be advised that the patient is still entrapped under the vehicle and is in cardiac arrest, priority 1 patient!" Sorry, I just had to do that... couldn't help myself!!!

You didn't try to give the rabbit CPR, did you? If you did, you have WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much free time on your hands!!!
    These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Buy me a drink, sing me a song, take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.

Johnny Greene: 2/3/45-5/2/04
    Forever in our hearts

Forum Member

Default Turnout pants and helmet!

"I ran back and got my turnout pants and helmet" Thank God you didn't have to C.P.R the guy--by the time you put the correct attire on, a undertakers coat would be required.Young 'un--even if a man is standing in his "skiddies" he is still a fireman--the "fire gear" is not like Supermans suit!! It does not make you bullet proof. Of course, not being there, and not knowing how old or experienced you are,and taking into account he knew that this was a mate of yours, maybe your old man was sending you back across the road to get you out of the way.Why?, Because he thought it was a "sticky"job and wanted to spare you a few nightmares--if so you have one caring Dad-go give him a hug.
    "If you thought it was hard getting into the job--wait until you have to hang the "fire gear"up and walk away!"
    Harry Lauder 1981.Me on the left!

Forum Member

Thumbs up

The guy may have been uninjured, but he's still pretty lucky he crashed where he did, since he very well could have been.

I feel sorry for the rabbit.

rabbit CPR? that is an interesting concept... how do you find a pulse? how do you pinch it's nose doing rescue breathing? heh

Thread Information