Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Post ** HELLO ** (New Poster here)

Hi there! I am Mike from Florida. I am not employed in the Emergency/EMS/Rescue field, I do work for our local County Government so I am in contact with rescue workers all the time.

I have FDNY stickers that I am selling and using the proceeds to benefit our local firefighters. Where would I make a post about them to advertise them ? I don't want to post about it in the wrong area.

Thanks so much. I am proud of the job that each one of you does! Thanks for keeping the world a little safer at night..

What do they look like ?

And just be careful - I know that with T-shirts that I am selling with Fallen Brothers from FDNY that were associated with our team. We had to ask permission. The $$ was going to us, but we were using their names. Making money off their names. I don't know if it would be the same for you. I would check into that.

GOD BLESS

They are custom made - designed them myself. I will attach an image to this post. Hopefully it'll show up.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Sr. Information Officer NJFFSA16's Avatar

Unhappy Making a profit from FDNY's loss?

Be prepared to take some heat. I'm not sure that many members of these forums will take kindly to your organizations profiting from FDNY's loss.

I find it rather shameful and disrespectful that you are attempting to "make a buck" off the deaths of so many of our brothers.
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

What part of "proceeds going to our local firefighters" was too hard to understand ?

Sr. Information Officer NJFFSA16's Avatar

Unhappy I understand exactly what you're doing

Read my post again.
    ...I'm not sure that many members of these forums will take kindly to your organizations profiting from FDNY's loss.
    What does FDNY get from this?

You are using the name (FDNY) and tragic losses suffered by FDNY to make money for local firefighters....are you not? If you were sending money to the widows and children of 343 fallen brothers or to a college fund for their surviving children , I might feel differently.

Respectfully,
    NJFFSA16
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

I thought all firefighters were a "brotherhood" ? - My local firefighters lose men just as the FDNY and others. I will send the proceeds to whoever. I chose my local area because they are local. If you feel better that I send it to NY firefighters, I have no problem with that. I"m just trying to help out.

Thread Information