Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Cool "evolutions 2002"

This mostly applies to anyone from Vancouver Island (Canada, that is) but I am still going to ask.

It has been formally announced that North Oyster Fire Dept will be co-hosting the Vancouver Island Fire Association's Annual Evolutions at Cassidy Speedway this year. Dates are 9-10-11 August.

Is there anyone from the Island who is planning to go?

For anyone who has never done or been, it is the annual gathering of the "Clan" and is something of a variation of the Firefighter Challenge, except that we don't compete for money or a spot on any regional or international teams. This of course if interspersed with many many many "fine" refreshments. The post from Stayback and "I Was Only Gone a Week" would be a reasonable description of events.

Occasionally we even do fire related events.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

As an Evolutions Veteran, you can bet your Miniotr III that I will be there!!! I've got to make of for my lack of "participation" in the more stealthy of activities this year

Ahhhh, the many stories I could tell about evolutions......

Like the time Me and Capt. Rob tried to distract the bar tenders by ordering, and drinking, beers faster then the three of them could pour them....

Or the time me and the DC from Sahtlem were talking and he was still ****ed off over someone "borrowing" his department plate from last year... I guess he hasn't been in our hall since then!

Or the time I was in the middle of "borrowing" a department plate from Beaver Creek and they came back to their camp site and I spent 45 minutes holding my breath, laying under their truck...

Or the time we had to ride and inner-tube down a hill, put on a ladies dress and size 15 boots (both left feet), run the obsticle course and use a forestry backpack to knock a "beverage" can off of one of our firefighter's head... while blindfolded...

Or that time where we had to jump into 4 feet of water, put on turn out gear, climb out of the water and walk over the water pit (some 25 feet long) in soaking wet gear and nothing but two lengths of rope... one for your feet to balance on, one for your hands to try to stay upright...

Or the one time where we had to push a zodiac across the lake with an 1 1/2 (as part of a relay) and I decided to bump the GPM from 35 to 120 and almost flipped our guys over...

Or that time 'someone' threw all of Metchosin's lawn chairs up in the tree... chairy-tree.... hehehehehe rolleyes:

Oh yeah, I will be there... no doubt about that...
    Last edited by firefighter26; 06-18-2002 at 12:14 PM.
    "No one ever called the Fire Department for doing something smart..."

Last year we behaved and got blamed for everything. This year...... As Capt Rob put - weld it, bolt it and weigh it down, cuz we're coming through!

And I remember the gear in the pond, dress and then walk the rope event. Not so bad when you're the first one across, but that darn rope sure did stretch when it got wet. I was almost up to my knees in water and that was just standing on the rope.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

I am confused, Why does two-7 not just walk across the road, lean over the gate and have a yarn with 26?
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

I hope for all our sakes there are no "wildlife" or "agricultural" related activities!

Sounds like a hoot though, Frathouse meets the Fire Service!

Have fun ya'll
    United Kingdom branch, IACOJ.

Kiwi, would love to just lean over the back fence to 26, but the silly rat took an offer from his Grandparents to house sit for them while they are on "an extended" holiday. (Don't think it will rate anywhere near Staybacks though.) Of course this happens to be located in another district. I have't had visual on 26 since the day I dropped him off.

And wouldn't you know it, crossing the district line is the difference in long distance tele comms too.

Thinking about wildlife or agricultural events Martinm, I can only speculate on that one. Depending on which Dept hosts, and how "Hillbillyish" they are tends to determine the answer to that question. This year there is every possibility that such things will be a part of the festivities. If so, 26 and I will carry the tradition in Honour of all Of You!
    Last edited by MalahatTwo7; 06-19-2002 at 10:32 AM.

Default Why was 6 afraid of 7?

because 7 8 9!

(this post courtesy of my 9 year old son)
    www.cafepress.com/firerev

Forum Member

Cool

I'm not sure if I can resist altering that joke ever so slightly.........

Thread Information