Post Military Fire Apparatus

I am looking for pictures of modern vehicles in other than the "slime" color that was prevellant a few years ago. I tried going to the dodfire.com site but am not having any luck getting there. It keeps telling me I do not have permission to access that site. So in order to fulfill my sons request for modern apparatus pics, can anyone assist me? Please let me know via the list or drop me an e-mail. Thanks in advance. Take care and stay safe!

Dave
    David J. Marti, EMT-B/VFF-I
    Maryland City VFD
    Anne Arundel County Station 27

These are my opinions and mine only. They do not represent those of my employer or the Volunteer organization I belong to.

Forum Member

For some unknown reason the link I posted does not work. If you use a search engine (yahoo, google, etc.) and type in dodfire.com, you should have no problem accessing the site.

You might also try the apparatus manufacturrer's web sites. They normally have a page of recent deliveries. Hackney delivered a heavy rescue to Ellsworth AFB, SD last year and had it on their web site. It is red, built on an International 4 x 4 crew cab chassis with a rescue body. They might still have pictures.

Good luck

Forum Member

Arrow Blue Grass Army Depot Ky

Here's one for you.

Blue Grass Army Depot at Richmond, Kentucky Engine 1
    1999 Pierce
    1250 gpm-560 tank-200 foam
    Serial #ED 225 Model: Saber

Forum Member

Lightbulb Military Rig Photos

Also, you might want to search the Yahoo Groups site Firepics. This is a site for apparatus and fireground photos and there are dozens of new posts per day there.

Forum Member

Carolina's Fire Page has a couple of pictures at: CFP Apparatus Gallery.

Forum Member

I am looking for pictures of Army fire apparatus, fire stations and firefighters from the Vietnam War for the Vietnam page on my website:
    www.firetrucks-atwar.com
    Would like to hear from any Vets that served as Army Firefighters in Nam, either in Firefighting Detachments or PE&E. Attached is a photo of an Army APC that was converted into a Hi-X foam unit by the firefighters at the Long Binh FD in Vietnam, photo taken Dec 69
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

Blue Grass Army Depot at Richmond, Kentucky Engine 1
    1999 Pierce
    1250 gpm-560 tank-200 foam
    Serial #ED 225 Model: Saber

There are also scores (100's?) of military apparatus photos on the YFD Message Board. Use the link below to get there.....

Forum Member

Try firenews.org, look under the apparatus lists. Massachusetts has 4 bases to check Barnes, Hanscom, Otis, and Westover. Good luck.

Forum Member

Default Military Firefighters in Iraq

I have just posted a new page on my website www.firetrucks-atwar.com dedicated to our military firefighters in Iraq. Need pictures of Firefighters, Apparatus and Stations to post. Many thanks www.milfireguy@comcast.net

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by holabird
    I have just posted a new page on my website www.firetrucks-atwar.com dedicated to our military firefighters in Iraq. Need pictures of Firefighters, Apparatus and Stations to post. Many thanks www.milfireguy@comcast.net
    That is a really great web site. Keep up the good work!
    -------------------
    "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
    -----------------------------------------------
    Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

Fir Na Tine

I'll see if I can get some pictures of the engines and resuce here at Shaw AFB. All the crash trucks are still the high-vis green, but all the engines/rescues/brush trucks are painted red or red/white.
    Tom Warshaw
    Station 13 (Bethel)
    Sumter Fire Department

"Scientists believe that the world is composed mainly of hydrogen because in their opinion, it is the most abundant element. I however, feel the earth is composed mainly of stupidity, because it is more abundant than hydrogen." - Frank Zappa

September 11, 2001. We Must Never Forget.

In memory of Thomas Sabella, L-13, FDNY

All opinions stated are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my department or any organization I may belong to.

Thread Information