Default Field Comm Units

I am a Fire Dispatcher here in PA, We are drafting sops for dispatchers for our new field comm unit and I was looking to see what other centers have sops, What kind of training must your dispatchers have, What type of incident do they go on?? Etc...I am looking for some ideas for my supervisor who is running the project...

Thanks for any help
    All Opinions expressed on here are just that, My Opinion..If you disagree, Take it up with me and not my Fire Chief or Employer..Feel free to Email
    Thanks and Be safe

***9/11/01 343 Lost ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL***

MembersZone Subscriber

We have a tactical dispatch team that responds with the police department tactical team on their call outs. We attend all their training as well as our own. They have a computer system that is made just for this line of work, it has a program for everything you need to document on a call out. It is pretty amazing to work with and a lot of fun. We are being issued full gear, just like all the guys and we are allowed to handle any weapons and gear (except sniper rifles) at the training.

Rams, Can you email me with the info for your sogs for police incidents?? Thanks for the reply
    All Opinions expressed on here are just that, My Opinion..If you disagree, Take it up with me and not my Fire Chief or Employer..Feel free to Email
    Thanks and Be safe

***9/11/01 343 Lost ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL***

MembersZone Subscriber

I don't think that we have a set SOG'd for the tactical dispatchers just yet, they are working on it. I will see what I can find.

Thread Information