Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Firehouse Expo 2002

I will be conducting a Firehouse Expo 8-hour pre-conference Advanced Vehicle Rescue seminar on Tuesday July 16th. Registration for this special day is available online through the website link for the Expo. This full-day program consists of 2 hours of classroom updates on topics such as airbag technology, new vehicle features, etc. The remaining 6 hours are all hands-on work learning new state-of-the-art practices and procedures for vehicle rescue tasks. Upon conclusion of this special seminar, I sign documentation that each participant has successfully addressed the Operations level vehicle rescue competencies of NFPA 1670 Standard, Chapter 6. Each agency sending a participant will also receive a CD-ROM. This disc contains the PowerPoint program I use during the seminar, brand new text files and other slide programs on vehicle rescue that I have created.

On Thursday morning of the Expo, July 18th, I'll present a 2-hour Professional Information Program(PIP) at the Baltimore Convention Center titled "Vehicle REscue 2002". It's my annual report on what's new and different in the world of vehicle rescue. I bring the pages of the University of Extrication to life as we spend those few moments discussing new tools that are out there, look at images of new techniques, and talk about design changes and features of new vehicles that impact our rescue operations.

If you will be in Baltimore for any of the pre-conference programs or will be at my PIP presentation at the Convention Center, please stop me afterwards and say HI! It's a great time for us to meet face-to-face to further discuss issues in the field of vehicle rescue. The opportunity to look over all the new stuff on the exhibit floor is also a fun time.

Hope to see you there...
    Ron Moore, Forum Moderator
    www.universityofextrication.com

Unhappy Too far to travel, can't afford it...

Hey Ron, wish I could be there, but travelling from Australia to USA is just a little bit out of the hip pocket price range!

Will the CD Rom you mentioned be available any other way either for free or at a nominal price?

It'd be a shame to miss out on this info....
    Last edited by lutan1; 06-23-2002 at 05:52 PM.
    Luke

Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

I'll be at the expo but I won't be able to attend any of the classes. I'll be wondering the floor those couple of days exploring.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

I receive requests for individual images or images included within a PowerPoint program quite a lot. At this point, the CD is available as an 'added value' of attending one of my Univ of X seminars. There are currently files on the seminar CD covering;

'Airbag Update 2002' a PowerPoint presentation,

gasoline/electirc hybrid vehicle text and PowerPoint,

a text on conducting the NFPA 1670-compliant 'Phases of Rescue' drill,

a PowerPoint program full of case study incidents called 'Real World 2002',

a PowerPoint that provides an overview of a safety program called 'Safe Parking'. It focuses on working in or near moving traffic safely. We have had 5 fatalities to fire and EMS workers this year out on the highways and other incidents where firefighters were struck and injured.

a text file outlining the material I cover in the 8-hour or 16-hour Advanced Univ of X seminar,

a text file sample of an extrication response SOP guideline,

a PowerPoint and lesson plan for the 'Lifting Heavy Loads' program. This is a department-level training program covering all types of lifting and moving equipment such as air bags, spreaders, rams, hydraulic jacks, and even basic pry bar operations.

a text file called 'School bus notes' that provides background information and a training outline from my school bus rescue seminar. It presents info on bus construction and a complete list of bus rescue evolutions that we accomplish within the seminar.
    Ron Moore, Forum Moderator
    www.universityofextrication.com

Sta22BeaverCoPA
    Firehouse.com Guest

Ron,

I will see you on Tuesday for the Pre-Conference. I'm looking forward to this program, so I can updte my vehicle rescue programs. I'm sure this will be as informative as the other programs you have presented in the past.

Thank You

Mark Wolz
    Chippewa Twp VFD - Beaver Falls, PA
    Captain-Rescue Services

PA Fire Academy Rescue Instructor
    West Virginia University - RESA-6 Instructor
    PA Rescue Task Force

markfd2213@attbi.com

Sta22BeaverCoPA
    Firehouse.com Guest

I understand the PreConference Hands on has been cancelled.
    Mark Wolz
    Last edited by Sta22BeaverCoPA; 07-10-2002 at 01:17 AM.

Thread Information