Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default 4 Alarm Warehouse Fire Clearwater Florida (Pinellas County)

First due units reported heavy black smoke from their station as they responded to a warehouse not far from their station. Upon arrival they had heavy fire conditions in a warehouse containing Hazardous Materials. 4 Alarms bringing 150+ firefighters to the scene as well as Pinellas County Hazardous Materials Team in an effort to control the blaze. It took firefighters over 4 hours to bring the blaze under control. Local residents were prepared for evacuation by the use of the "Reverse 911 System" but were not evacuated. The cause of the blaze is under investigation.
    Last edited by captstanm1; 06-26-2002 at 09:34 AM.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Reverse 911 system?

Bones

The reverse 911 system is part of the Enhanced 911 if you chose it as an option. Basically in a nut shell.....you can record messages and have the system send them out. The system....buy using the 911 data base....places a call to every phone in the system and when the party answers, the message is played. It is my understanding that the system can be set up to by-pass multiple numbers to residences and businesses so that only one call is made to each household. In the case mentioned above, I beleive the system can also be programed to just notify a certain grid or portion of the area protected.

When the caller answers: "This is the ABC Emergency Communications....there is a major fire involving hazardous materials in your area that may require evacuation. This is only a notification. Do not evacuate at this time. You will be notified as the situation changes."

In Florida you can see how this can be especially helpfull in the case of a hurricane.

Hope this helps.
    Stan
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Thanks for the info, did not know about such a system.

Thread Information