Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default District Court ruling on The Pledge of Allegiance

Has anyone seen this??????

http://www.msnbc.com/news/772714.asp?pne=msn

The 9th district court today, ruled that it is unconstitutional for children to say the Pledge of Allegiance at school. Supposedly this lawsuit was brought by a Sacramento man who is an atheist and objected to his 2nd grade daughter having to recite the Pledge at school, saying that it’s a, “religious idea that certain people don’t agree with.” Am I the only one here who has a problem with this? Have we entered a time in our nations history where there is nothing that we can’t say or do that doesn’t offend anyone? What happened to having pride in our nation’s past? Are we reaching a point where we as a nation have to re-write all of our national documents and take the word “God” out? Is the Federal Reserve going to take, “In God we trust” off of all the currency that it is printed on?

I am sick and tired of people taking things that are tried and true to our nation and having issue with them. It seems that every John Q. Citizen is offended by anything and everything. Before we know it, there will be no more National Anthem at sporting events and no more God Bless America.

This guy has the “M” word written all over him and I’ll be sending the 9th district court an email.

Sorry if this sounds like the ramblings of a mad man, but it just infuriates me.
    Proud member of the IACOJ
    ftm-ptb-egh
    *** These are my opinions, they do not in any way reflect those of my department.***

This dirtbag and the judge who found for him are both in desperate need of their 15 minutes of fame. (Which is about how long this ruling will stand).

Not only has he brought this suit for his own notoriety, he has prostituted his 2nd grade daughter to help his case. If he wanted to fight the seperation of church and state, he could have found many other forums to do it, outside of our childrens schools.

The very judge who found in his favour took an oath on, of all things, the Bible. The witnesses in this case all where sworn with the closing statement, "so help me God." Our President took his oath on the bible. He closes his statements with "God bless America". Our Senators and Congressmen took an oath to God. Our money says in God we trust. Do I have to go on?

Michael A. Newdow, the Plantiff, deserves to be publicly humiliated at every turn of his life. His innocent daughter, on the other hand, should be left alone. We all know it doesn't happen this way. This Pimp cares nothing about his daughter, his interest was his own exposure and he will now begin the talkshow circuit proclaiming his love for his child and country. He has neither.

Sorry for the rambling. I will assume Mr. Newdow is NOT a member of these forums and call him a MUTT!!!! And to close:

I pledge Allegiance to the flag
    of the United States of America
    and to the Republic for which it stands,
    one nation under GOD, indivisible,
    with Liberty and Justice for all.

Thumbs down Sign of the Times........

What we have here is a classic "sign of the times". When one individuals rights affect the rights of a million others. This particular case is not new, and such has been going on from the early nineties. It seems, this particular brand of A--hole has taken the place of John F. Kennedy's "Civil Disobedience" types. Let's hope the idea of a pendulum is true, and someday this country will be out for itself, not for some individual slime-balls sake, oh and that includes these non-american-citizens who also claim they have rights in this country!
    "All gave some...Some gave all!"
    9/11/01 Lest we forget!
    FDNYRR

My 10 year old just saw this on the News and said"We say the Pledge
    everyday at school, What did we do wrong that we cant do it anymore"?

Having a hard time trying to explain this other than She did nothing
    wrong.
    I won't be wronged,I won't be insulted,
    and I won't be laid a hand on.
    I don't do these things to other people
    and I require the same from them.

This is just the tip of the ice berg and what we get from our voting and election of a U.S. Senate who insist that these Liberal judges be appointed and confirmed for life.
    Bob Compton
    IACOJ-Proud
    IACOJ-HALL OF FAME-2003

Bob,

In defense of the Senate, they voted 99-0 to fight against this judge's decision.

MembersZone Subscriber

Angry I pledge allegence to the flag....

I am glad to see that everyone agrees on this forum. I'll
    tell what, "God" help the man that doesn't say the Pledge to
    the flag when I am standing there. My God what a bunch of
    idiots we have in this mighty country we live in. Just when
    you think everyone is "getting along", we have some A..hole
    that doesn't have anything better to do. God Bless America
    and almost everyone in it. God bless the USA
    carpntir@aol.com

"God Bless the fallen members of the FDNY, thier families and Loved ones"
    Please never forget 9/11

E ngine Lt, Yes, that is true. After they (at the time) made the mistake of confirming the 2 Judges[the majority] in the first place, knowing that they would legislate from the bench. Well, now the "chickens come home to roost" and at least 9 States are bound by this decision until reviewed En Banc [all 9 Judges, if they accept] and or by the U.S. Supreme Ct.
    Last edited by ENG6511; 06-26-2002 at 08:45 PM.
    Bob Compton
    IACOJ-Proud
    IACOJ-HALL OF FAME-2003

MembersZone Subscriber

I was very upset when I heard this today on Fox News. I have to even give the anchorman who was on when he broke the story for giving his candid opinon on how ridiculous this is. I am really tired of these damn aetheist (sp?) suing over every little thing about god, because its not their belief and little Johnny is uncomfortable not doing it around other students. No offense to aethesits, everyone is entitled to their beliefs/opinions, however, why is it, that 1 person has a problem with the pledge or singing God Bless America in school, but the majority of kids who have a deity can't. Good job Fox News for also listing the name and phone number of the judge who ruled on this case. It was no coincidence that the plaintiffs in this case chose probably the most liberal circuit district in the U.S.

So with that:
    To whom it may concern, I am an AMERICAN, I also served my country as a member of the world's finest fighting force, the United States Marine Corps. I was raised saying the pledge of allegiance, and I want my kids raised saying it. If there are people who can't raise their children without feeling uncomfortable about hearing the word "God" then maybe they should reevaluate how they are raising them.

An interesting note....

The words "under God" were not added to the Pledge of Allegiance until 1954, when Congress voted to add it to the Pledge.

The Constitution also states that Congress shall make no law when it comes to the establishment of religion.

Depending on one's religion, God may have a different name. In doing ny fire safety classes in the elementary schools, I have been there early enough to hear the pledge recited. I have heard Muslim children say "under Allah" and Buddhist children say "under Buddha" during the pledge. It doesn't bother me, as we do have freedom of religion in this country. We also have freedom from religion, if that is one's choice.

If the mutt in San Fran felt offended that his daughtter had to say "under God", all he had to do was instruct her to be quiet when those two words were spoken and then join her class in the rest of the pledge. If his home ever catches fire, I'm sure he will be looking for Divine Intervention...there are no atheists in foxholes or burning buildings!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member FireCapt1951retired's Avatar

NEWS FLASH:

9th district appeals court judges were seen leaving the courthouse, lifting their leg and pi#*ing on the nearest hydrant. ARFF ARFF.
    Your right Gonzo, I never met an atheist in a foxhole or better yet a bunker or a fire. It's amazing how many people use two words when the end seems near. (OH GOD!)

Sr. Information Officer NJFFSA16's Avatar

Unhappy

Thursday morning...he's plastered all over the news. Getting his 15 minutes of fame.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    (Sacramento, California-AP) -- The man whose legal quest led to
    yesterday's controversial ruling on the Pledge of Allegiance says
    his goal is "to strengthen the Constitution."
    Michael Newdow is the self-described atheist who wanted to keep
    his young daughter from being exposed to religion in school.
    A federal appeals court ruled in his favor yesterday, calling it
    unconstitutional for public schools to start the day with the
    pledge because of its reference to God.
    He tells N-B-C's "Today" show the founding fathers would
    "absolutely" agree with the decision. He says the Constitution
    has no reference to God, and that's because its authors knew "how
    harmful" it would be to introduce religion into the government.
    And he says the only reason politicians are responding as
    angrily as they are is "to get votes," since an overwhelming
    majority of Americans believe in God.

Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

This ruling is quite disgusting. Whats next? We change all of our money, so it doesnt say God on it? We cant ever sing God Bless America again?
    The thing that gets me is, after 9-11, there was a major surge in patriatism, everyone was reminded of what this country stands for and the values on which it was created. Everyone was saying that we will never forget. Well, it seems to me that less than a year later, people have begun to forget, not the acts that took place that day, but the values and lessons we learned from it.

Default GOD BLESS AMERICA

I don't know where this came from, I got it from another forum and thought it would fit here.

Finally, someone has said what I think has been on every American's mind!!!!! This is an editorial written by an American citizen, published in a local newspaper.

"IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT!!" I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture, here in the USA. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely comprised of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.

This idea of America, being a multi -cultural community, has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language! ENGLISH. "In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, of Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is and always will be part of our culture.

If the Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. Remember, "Delta is ready when you are and they can have you there by nightfall".

This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But, once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great American freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

If you agree with this message, pass it on . If you don't agree, pass it on anyway. What the hell! This is AMERICA, after all!
    "When I was a child I spoke as a child, understood as a child, thought as a child, but when I became a man I put away childish things."

ONE NATION UNDER GOD

The Pledge of Alligence isn't going anywhere with me
    My children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews will all be taught the pledge.

THe poor girl in the above posting - feels she did something wrong. Mom I wouldn't know what to do in your situation, except tell her that she hasn't done ANYTHING wrong.

It is these PEOPLE that are doing WRONG !!!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA
    GOD BLESS OLD GLORY FLYING HIGH!
    GOD BLESS YOU
    GOD BLESS ME
    GOD BLESS AMERICA

With all the liberal woof-woofs running around, I'm not surprised that this happened. Nobody was really in the mood for it right now, but I saw it coming. And I really figured that if challenged in court, "under God" would probably be dropped. So now what?

Teach your kids to say it anyway. When they--and we--get to that point in the Pledge, SAY IT ANYWAY. It's more meaningful when we put the words in than when it's just part of the "script". They can't infringe on our right to say what we want to, so keep saying "under God"!

This a(hole)theist might have gotten help from one judgement, but he's toast when the real judgement rolls around.

There should be no ruling on this either way, if you want to say it, say it, if you don't, don't.

America - freedom to believe and say what you want. Freedom to agree or disagree.

I think it is horendous (<<
    If I remember correctly the last time this subject was raised there was a decision made that if your religious beleifs and culture did not allow you to do so...you WERE NOT required to participate in prayer during the silent moment held in schools each day and you WERE NOT required to recite the Pledge of Allegiance. So...no one held a gun to the Schmucks (can I say that???) that raised the issue. If he/she does not want to recognize the American Flag....then don't.....but do NOT interfere with my right to Pledge Allegiance to the Flag and to GOD if I chose to.

No one forced them to live here....If they don't like the way we do business then they are certainly free to leave.

We lost 343 brothers and thousands of people from over 80 different countries on 09-11. All because someone had an axe to grind with America. I can not beleive that people entrusted to make decisions effecting our every day life would be so blind and out of touch as to make such a ruling. In my eyes the people who raised this issue have levied another terrorist attack on the USA and I am outraged that our government has supported this attack.

Radio stations in my area are flooded with calls stating peoples disgust with this decision. They are calling for people to write the courts and express an outrage. One of them was attempting to retreive a web site that would allow people to email the morons who did this and express outrage in hopes of a reversal.

Again...NO ONE IS HOLDING A GUN to these people to make the recite the Pledge of Allegiance. I guess they are within their right to say it and leave out "under god" if they chose but don't change it for those of us who beleive. Additionally, no one is holding a gun on them to make them stay in the U.S. If they don't want to play the game by our rules (which are far from dictatorship or communism) then the are free to leave. In most countries that are opposed to our ways, if you dont play by their rules they wont let you leave...they just kill you...

So...GET OUT.....
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

He tells N-B-C's "Today" show the founding fathers would
    "absolutely" agree with the decision. He says the Constitution
    has no reference to God, and that's because its authors knew "how
    harmful" it would be to introduce religion into the government.

Interesting...since George W. (and I don't mean Bush...) was the person to add the traditional, "So help me God." to the Presidential Oath of Office.

The 9th Circuit Court as a rule has got to go. It is the home of the most active, liberal judges in the nation who push judicial activism to bounds well beyond any fair sense of law or equity. You will find most decisions that make most Americans stop and go, "Huh?" come from the 9th.

The dissenting judge pointed out that the logical continuation of the majority's decision in the case was to outlaw the singing of God Bless America, America the Beautiful (God shed thy grace on thee...), and the 4th Stanza of the Star Spangled Banner at public assemblies.

Heck, even the two judges in the majority pointed out the Supreme Court essentially in the footnotes to there decisions already stated that the "under God" in the Pledge is not unconstitutional -- they've just never specifically said it in the text of a decision.

Just some 9th circuiters looking to get another 15 minutes.

Forum Member

Default on thin ice

but I'll give my opinion, even if nobody agrees.

I've been leaving out those 2 words for as long as I can remember, but I would die for the rest of the pledge. God has nothing to do with patriotism.

It's hard for me to understand how you all can see what you see every day on the streets, and still be believers. Why does god allow innocent people to fall? Why does god allow people to suffer with terrible disabilities and handicaps? I'm not buying it.

Probably ignite a firestorm here, but speech is one of our freedoms, plus you all know I don't easily withhold my opinions, however inciteful they are. Oh well...........push reply.......

Thread Information