Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Question Luverne Apparatus

HELP!
    Starting to get bids in on a new pumper.
    Not many Luverne Apparatus around our neck of the woods in Mississippi.
    Need any input from anyone, pro and con, regarding this manufacturer.
    Curious about quality and service especially.

KRROB
    krrob

Your best bet is to find someone in the Chicago FD. They are probably the biggest user of Luverne.

If you go to the links section and go to their photo section look for Dan Myers' link. He does a lot with Chicago so maybe he can help you.

Just curious: if you're so close to Louisianna why haven't your considered Ferrara? At least if you have problems it will be easier to service it or does Luverne have a service facility nearby?

Good luck.
    Steve Dragon
    FFII, Fire Instructor II, Fire Officer I, Fire Appartus Driver Operator Certified
    Volunteers are never "off duty".
    http://www.bufd7.org

We just received a Luverne on a FL-80 chassis. We havenít found any big problems with the truck, just a few small things that donít affect the operation of the apparatus at all. The representative we worked with up here didn't impress us at all. He did a terrible job on the specs. After they got to the factory the things he said they couldn't do, the people at the factory said they could. We ended up with every thing we wanted in the end.
    Definitely find out about the closest service center, we supposedly have one near here but Iím not sure about what exactly he can service on the app. and South Dakota is a long ways away. Two of our other bidders factories were only an hour to an hour and a half away.
    The truck itself is really quite impressive, and appears to be built quite well.
    Good Luck

Ask FDNY how they like the Luverne pumper that was donated to them after 9-11.
    Begin with the end in mind.

Be safe out there!!

Permanent Parade or funeral truck, from what I hear. Not sure, though. Is that correct?

We took delivery of four Luverne's last year. FL-80 raised roof, roll up doors with rear mount pump in left rear compartment.

When we went for pre delivery inspection I was VERY impressed with their facilty, management and overall operation.

We have had a few minor problems but they were mainly with Allison...not Luverne.

We have seven more out for bid now with Luverne the expected winner. The only thing I dont like is that they are mounted on the freightshaker chassis. Other than that they have been great trucks.

My engine currently has racked up about 21,000 miles in 10 months, and only OOS for routine maintenance.

Thread Information