Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Looking for info on the Bowflex

I just watched the infomercial on the bowflex and Im considering getting one. Does anybody have any personal experience with it? Good or bad, or any other advice.
    Thanks
    "Save a cow......eat a vegetarian"
    "What we do in life, echoes in eternity"

Forum Member

I've never used one but you might also want to look at the web site:

www.bowflex.com
    Brian Jazudek
    Moon Run Fire - Rescue
    Assistant Chief/Training Officer
    http://www.moonrunvfd.org

"People ask me, why do you do it man? They don't understand, it's about the men next to you. That's all it is."

I ordered one a couple of weeks ago. I have scheduled to arrive after I return from Sturgis. So I'll let you know how the 6wk challenge goes.

How I came to the decision to purchase was base on a friend having one and liking it plus I was having a hard time finding any used ones for sale in my area.
    Stevejd
    www.lcvfd.com

I ordered a Bowflex on July 5 and got it last week. I have been using it now for a week (I know that is not long) and so far I think it is great. Just like the commercials say, you get a good work out without having to drive to the gym and wait on the equipment. Last weekend I also saw the infomercial on it where they had a guy who was a regular weightlifter try it and he said his workout was more intense than he imagined it would be. Yesterday my stepson, who is very athletic, wanted me to show him how to use it. He said to put 200 lbs on for the bench press. This gave him a fit and he said he usually benched 250 lbs last month before he graduated high school. I am working on the 6 week program and will let you know how I progress but so far I feel great.

Forum Member

One thing I noticed about the infomercial on BowFlex. The one guy says he works out with 240lbs on bench press or something in that neighborhood.

They put him on the machine with 250lbs or whatever and he can't do it. Not trying to say anything negative about BowFLex but there is a difference between how much you can bench with a barbell, and what you can do with a dumbell.
    Brian Jazudek
    Moon Run Fire - Rescue
    Assistant Chief/Training Officer
    http://www.moonrunvfd.org

"People ask me, why do you do it man? They don't understand, it's about the men next to you. That's all it is."

I've been using the Bowflex for about 4 weeks now and I'm very happy with it's performance. You can easliy move through the excerise's with little effort. Plus the action is very smooth un-like other workout machine's and systems I've tried.

I would recommend the system for anyone wanting a good home gym set.
    Stevejd
    www.lcvfd.com

Our Fire Department purchased one a year ago.
    So far all that have utilizied seemt to like
    it.
    Remember,

If you don't respond.....who will

IACOJ EMS Bureau Member
    IACOJ Member

Thumbs up It Works

I have had a BowFlex for over 2 years. I bought it when my wife and I lived on an island and could not get to the gym. I think it does a great job. I don't care so much about how much weight I'm lifting, only whether it's working the right muscles. I'm not a huge guy and don't plan on looking like Mr. Universe, so it really meets my needs. My advice is this:
    1. Don't count on it for cardio.
    2. Get the 100 lb. upgrade.
    3. Get the lat and leg attachments.

These extra costs will really make it worthwhile, and in the end you will spend far less than an ongoing gym membership.

What I like best is it's easy to put up and take down and it really is versatile when focusing on muscle specific work. (i.e. you can simulate the motion of swinging a fire axe, ventilating a roof, etc...) If you have any other questions you can email me or ask by posting.
    Don't talk unless it improves the silence.

Life without danger is a waste of oxygen.

Thread Information