Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Expanding from Surface Water and Ice Rescue to Dive Team

I posted this under the Rescue forum but do to low viewer traffic I figured I would try it here as well.

Looking to start gathering information on progressing from a Surface Water and Ice Rescue team into a all encompassing Dive Team. I have gathered some information from the NFPA codes and such and I am looking to expand on my knowledge. Looking more specifically into equipment inventories, training levels and funding issues/capital outlay. Our department covers 4 large fresh water bodies of water and has numerous smaller ponds and one river with small dams and locks along its path with a low to moderate current. We do have ice cover about 3 to 4 months a year on all bodies of water. Any info or links to sites would be of great help.
    Proud to be an American, Union Firefighter!

Try contacting SOC=Special Operations Command of the FDNY. Our Divers have done jobs at great depths, in fresh and salt water, black water, iced surfaces, and moving water...what some might call rapid water rescue. I'd start by going to the official NYC FD Site...and inquire from there. Good Luck!
    "All gave some...Some gave all!"
    9/11/01 Lest we forget!
    FDNYRR

Try this one.
    www.wateroperations.com

Forum Member

bump

Thanks for the replies via forum and those who have emailed. Every nugget of info helps.

Jay
    Proud to be an American, Union Firefighter!

Thread Information