Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Responses?

Thumbs up Good Question!

I think I remembered something about e-mail notifications, but I could be wrong! They took all the information; phone, address, and e-mail for three people! I kind of figured that someone would have heard something by now though. In one of the first reports after the computer grading, they stated that everyone that didn't make the peer review would be notified by the end of June. That only leaves about 4 1/2 days. I believe it will be difficult to notify 10,000 department in that time. Well I will go back to waiting with everyone else! Best of luck to everyone!!!!
    SERVING FOR PRIDE
    PROUD TO SERVE!

According to the information that i've read. Departments that have been approved for grant funding will be notified 1-2 days in advance of publis announcment. Now being that this process is going to take several months to complete, there will be several departments that will not here anything for quite some time. Remember the grant applications were rated from top priority to lowest priority and they will be issued as so. The departments that were not approved should be notified in the near future. GOOD LUCK to all departments and if awarded funding please use it wisely.

Forum Member

In response to notifications, I checked my confirmation page I received when I submitted our application. It says if you submitted an e-mail address you will be notified that way. If you get an e-mail address later you are to call their help desk at 1-886-274-0960 to have your contact info updated. If you have no e-mail address at the time of award, they will contact you by regular mail. I went back to the application site to look at our app again--- Found out our password was terminated, so I had to call in to get it reset. The password is good till July 10. They told me i'd have to change the password to continue to log in. Not that we need to but it helps with the nervous anticipation!!! Patiently waiting and checking the e-mail often, Good luck all!! Stay Safe!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile

It looks like FEMA is starting to email preliminary questions out. Yesterday we (Saint Stephen Fire & Rescue) got an email stating our application was reviewed and the asked several question like if we were still planning to make our purchase. Would we be making the purchase in the 1-year period? Did we have the funds available to pay the 10/30%? Do we know we need to fill out NFIRS reports (we do)? I cannot remember the other questions.

This does not mean we will get a grant, but at least we are still in the running. In case anyone is interested, we requested around $20,000 to replace our bunker gear.
    Jeff Drais
    Saint Stephen Fire & Rescue
    Saint Stephen MN

Thumbs up Sounds encouraging

That sounds like a pretty good sign. At least we know that they've finally started. I've been keeping an eye on our e-mail for anything from FEMA, but nothing yet. This is just like last year. Hurry up and wait! Hope you recieve your grant and good luck to everyone!

"Just remember. No matter where you go. There you are!"

No word yet, BUT...

I got an email today from "Lyris ListManager" <lyris@lyris.fema.gov>

stating that I have been subscribed to "usfa-firefighters".

I haven't signed up for an email list from USFA.

Hmmmm.

Hope springs eternal.
    Asst. Chief Bill

International Order of the Fraternal Brotherhood of the Club

Somewhere in or near north central Creek County, Oklahoma

MembersZone Subscriber

I received that same email this afternoon. I hope that is some sort of good news.

I guess it's gonna be another week until they start announcing grants.

Updated Release Information

The public announcement of FIRE Act grant recipients will not begin until about July 8.

A recent press release said USFA "will begin the initial awarding of Assistance to Firefighters Grants on Monday July 1". What will happen July 1, according a USFA spokesman, is that departments will be contacted for detailed information in the process of finalizing the grant. USFA will also use next week to inform those congressional and governmental leaders of these first award results.

Default On the other hand....

I guess it COULD mean that they're going to notify the non-recipients "en masse".

I can look at it either way.

I choose to be optimistic.

Asst. Chief Bill

MembersZone Subscriber

I talked to a repersentative from FEMA and I was told that they are just checking their email system and everyone should have received that email if they gave a valid email address when they submitted their application.

Todd

Forum Member

Default Response's

We got that same e-mail message twice today, thinking positive!!

bus_master: You are correct. Got the same reply that they will e-mail notifications to FDs.

jdrais: Sounds like good news to me. But, did your Dept get a e-mail from USFA/FEMA or another company? Reason I ask is that last year when my Dept got an award a management company assisting FEMA called me about a week before. They asked us to fax the 1199 Direct Deposit form. A week later they called us and asked if we would accept the money if we were given an award. 2 days later we found out that won an award. But like I said sounds like good news, so good luck.

killerb, toddmcbr, and bus_master: I think that USFA/FEMA just updated their e-mail notification list. Are you signed up for this list? Reason I ask is that I got the same e-mail twice today from "USFA-FIREFIGHTER", to the 2 e-mail addresses that i signed up for the USFA e-mail notification list over a year ago. But after checking my e-mail that I used for my Dept's app, I didn't get an e-mail from "USFA-FIGHTER." Furthermore, I also got a similar e-mail today from an EPA e-mail list that I am signed up for. It said that I was now signed up. Also if you might remember getting another e-mail today on 2 LODDS. That e-mail came from "usfa-firefighter". I think that usfa is just updating their listserve.

So if I burst any bubbles. But I just speaking from observations and past experience. Good luck to you all, I hope to check back in the next couple of weeks and see that your Depts all got awards. All I can say is hang in there.........

car120
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hey jdrais (Saint Stephen Fire & Rescue)!

Did you guys get the same LyrisList Manager e-mail that the rest of us got too, besides the earler e-mail you described? I think I'd much rather get the e-mail with lots of questions (like do we have our 10%/30% share) - seems similar to the preliminary phone call winners got last year.

I dunno, maybe I'm just a negative kind of guy, but I'm getting the "en masse" 'so sorry again this year' feeling about the LyrisList. I guess we'll just have to see...

Chad Niles, Chief
    Moira (NY) Vol. Fire & Rescue Dept.

car120
    Firehouse.com Guest

trfd698

I guess you were submitting your post while I was typing mine. Your post does make me feel a little better. Boy if that's the case, kind of poor timing to send an e-mail out like that with all of us wainting anxiously for any kinf of word, donchathink?

I got a phone call from FEMA today. I was told that we were "favorably paneled". They asked the types of questions previously posted here - "are you still able to use it within one year?", "can you stil match the grant?", they verified the contacts, etc. I was told that awards would be announced on the 15th and 30th of each month. Interesting though, no e-mails, just a phone call.

We submitted for $471,000+ with a matching amount of $140,000+. We are keeping fingers crossed. Good luck to all!

John

Default FALSE ALARM?

I just got another one... for the "press-release" list.

I intuit that they are upgrading their email distribution list for purposes OTHER than the grants.

I get the LODD notifications via email, for example, but not from the server I'm getting these from.

I agree with car120...probably inadvertant bad timing on their part when we're all waiting for word one way or the other.

Que sera, sera.
    Asst. Chief Bill

Yes car120. Looks like you were typing while I was posting. Like you said, poor timing. But I don't think it was intentional. But also, like I said in my last post, I also got an Lyris type e-mail from the EPA today, so the Feds must be updating the ListServs.

Fireman007 - FEMA asked us all those questions last year and tried to dodge our questions as to whether or not we got an award. But after faxing off the 1199 and then another call from FEMA a week later, the really couldn't keep it a secret much longer.

When you get a call from your Congressman(woman) or Senator, you know you made it.

TRFD698 - Didn't mean to imply or think that we were guaranteed anything. From the phone call, it just let us know that our app wasn't thrown out. So, we are still in the "hunt". I only posted to say that we received a phone call, not an e-mail as others before me had posted.

Also, when we got our grant last year, no member of Congress of any other representative called first.

Good luck...

Default phone/email

Well,

As of this moment, I have not received anything or any type of notification from FEMA. IM not sure if this is a good sign or a bad sign, or like it really is, no sign at all. Like the rest of you, I really am hoping to hear some positive sign from FEMA soon. Personally, I would think the phone call would be a very positive sign.

Question Just curious

Fireman007:
    Did your Dept. send in your application electronically or by mail?
    With all the talk of electronic notification, I'm just kind of curious about the phone call. It does sound positive. We also recived the e-mails but only at the address we had on the application.
    The other e-mail address is also signed up for LODD notification and I didn't recieve any there. Has this happened to anyone else? It does sound like they're updating the e-mail lists, but not recieving one at the other address makes me wonder. Good luck to everyone and stay safe out there!

"Just remember. No matter where you go. There you are!"

John King - All of our apps and information were completed and submitted electronically.

One of our points of contact changed and she asked for that update, so maybe the phone call was due to that. Don't know?

John

Thread Information