For those who didn't receive this email...
From: "Grundy, Maury" <Maury.Grundy@fema.gov>
To: "USFA General Information" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: [usfa-press-release] Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program Update - July 3, 2002
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 09:41:34 -0400
This is a message from the Federal Emergency Management Agency/U.S. Fire Administration.
FEMA/USFA procedures for decisions on the 19,584 submitted applications:
- Announcements of award decisions will begin next week.
- FEMA/USFA currently estimates that as many as 5,500 awards will be made.
- FEMA/USFA also estimates that by the end of calendar year 2002 all 5,500 awards will be processed and announced.
- Those departments that we will not be able to award grants to will be notified via electronic notices. Some departments will be notified in the coming weeks, others will be notified as the awards process continues. This does not mean that the application was "bad" or "incorrect" - it merely means that there will not be sufficient funds to support all grant requests.
- Lists of grant awards will be posted regularly on our web site at www.usfa.fema.gov. We anticipate new postings twice each month.