Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Responses?

Fireman077: I understood from your post that you hadn't gotten anything. This thread is titled "Responses" after all. But like I said last year when we got our grant, FEMA did the same thing, they asked all these questions and checked up, but wouldn't let us know either way. If you got a call from FEMA chances are your Dept is on the top of the pile. Otherwise USFA/FEMA wouldn't be asking any of these questions now, they are too busy trying to get the first round out the door ASAP. If your Dept didn't make it to the top of the pile, then you'd have to wait awhile.

By the way, what did your Dept apply for anyway? Just curious as last year FEMA ran the grants in order, (e.g. training, etc). But since this year there is no set dollar amount like there was last year for each catergory, just wondering what Depts that are getting calls now applied for.

Almarante51: At this point no news it good news. Just sit and wait, as FEMA said they will be notifying Depts that they didn't make the cut of 9,200, that way budgets are held up.

Originally posted by TRFD698
    This thread is titled "Responses" after all.
    TRFD698 - I apologize if I confused you with my post. I was not trying to imply that we received anything. I was just reponding that we received a "RESPONSE" related to our request AND that it was by phone. Most of the other persons who posted talked of e-mail notification and I thought someone might be interested in that they (FEMA) are also making phone calls. I obviously did not understand that the title of the thread "RESPONSES" was limited to those that actually received their awards. I now know better.

Our request was in the program area of "Fire Operations and Firefighter Safety". Within the Fire Operations and Firefighter Safety we applied for 3 items in the areas of "Firefighter equipment acquisition" and Personal protective equipment acquisition".

John

Default For those who didn't receive this email...

To: "USFA General Information" <usfa-press-release@lyris.fema.gov>
    Subject: [usfa-press-release] Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program Update - July 3, 2002
    Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 09:41:34 -0400

This is a message from the Federal Emergency Management Agency/U.S. Fire Administration.

FEMA/USFA procedures for decisions on the 19,584 submitted applications:

- Announcements of award decisions will begin next week.

- FEMA/USFA currently estimates that as many as 5,500 awards will be made.

- FEMA/USFA also estimates that by the end of calendar year 2002 all 5,500 awards will be processed and announced.

- Those departments that we will not be able to award grants to will be notified via electronic notices. Some departments will be notified in the coming weeks, others will be notified as the awards process continues. This does not mean that the application was "bad" or "incorrect" - it merely means that there will not be sufficient funds to support all grant requests.

- Lists of grant awards will be posted regularly on our web site at www.usfa.fema.gov. We anticipate new postings twice each month.
    Last edited by Adze39; 07-03-2002 at 03:02 PM.
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Fireman077: Oops. I think I confused you, sorry. By all means, your posting was right on the money. When I said "This thread is titled "Responses" after all," I was totalling agreeing with you and your posting. It that, yes this thread is for letting others know if you got a response from FEMA yet about your grant. Which is what you did...... But it sounds like good news. Good Luck....

Also. It looks like what I said earlier about the Lyris e-mails was true. Got an e-mail saying that USFA was just updating the old USFA e-mail list, and not notifications of awards.

Default Phone call....

It seems that a department close to us has also received a similar phone call, (i.e., do yo ustill have matching funds, etc.) I would think that FEMA would not change their M/O from previous years. My guess is that a phone call is a very GOOD sign.

BTW, no phone call here...

MembersZone Subscriber

It appears that FEMA is doing both phone and email follow-ups. What that means is just a guess right now. Hopefully it's good news.

The end of this article has questions similar to what we were sent by email.
    http://www.firehouse.com/funding/fireact/2002/0703.html
    Jeff Drais
    Saint Stephen Fire & Rescue
    Saint Stephen MN

MembersZone Subscriber
    DuBois, IL - just south of I-64 in the middle of the state

Last year, we got a phone call asking for banking information & verifying employer ID no. They faxed me the paperwork for direct deposit and we faxed it back. We didn't get a grant. I think that if somebody gets a phone call or e-mail this early, they can be pretty happy about it.
    Jack Boczek, Chief
    Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Question

Has anyone heard if FEMA made any anouncements today? The last I heard was that they were going to start the awards today. Anyone have any info on that?
    Stay Safe Out There!

"Just remember. No matter where you go. There you are!"

Default NADA

Nothing yet Capt
    BE ALERT AND STAY ALIVE
    ASST CHIEF
    TLVFD, NY

Angry Still Waiting

Up to this point, July 9, 2002, 2025Hrs, I have not heard of any official notifications from anyone. I have been relying on the automatic e-mail feature from Firehouse.com to advise me when the first notices are made. I'm not cocky enough to thnk that we may get notified in the first round. This hase been a veru successful method or me. I must admit that I thought notifications were going to begin yesterday (7-8-02).

I guess at this point in time no news is good news.

Phil
    Phil
    Stay Alert & Stay Safe

Question Grant info

Hi:

Got an email today from FEMA asking me to fill out an on-line direct deposit form. It asked for routing numbers, etc. for the town's account.

I had to fill it in, print it out, and take it to the bank to have it verified by a bank employee. I was instructed to send it back to FEMA by Priority Mail. Mailed it this afternoon.

Good news???
    Stay Safe.
    You asked for my opinion, now you have it. Any similarity to another opinion, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

9C7: Did you receive any sort of notification prior to that?
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Default curious...

Now I am curious. Direct Deposit information was a requirement on the Grant Application. So, why is FEMA asking for it again?

Forum Member

Post Direct Deposit

The only difference that I can tell is that it must be taken to your bank for an "Official Certification" from the bank. We did not get the "questionaire" regarding whether we still wanted the grant; were we able to meet the 10% matching: etc?

Forum Member

Question E-mail response

Does anyone know if the e-mail response goes to the person who filled out the application or the Chief or the mayor or city administrator?

Forum Member

timm1960,
    I was the only contact with email. Second and third contacts (Chief & Asst Chief) were by phone only and none receieved calls.

Thumbs up

Hi:

It was the same info we filled out with the original app, the difference being the "bank certification."

This was the first contact I had since the application was submitted.

I completed it and was the only one notified of the request for direct deposit info.
    Stay Safe.
    You asked for my opinion, now you have it. Any similarity to another opinion, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Forum Member

Hi there 9C7,
    Good Luck, I am a Ff/EMT for Laconia. We also put in for a grant, hopefully the Lakes Region will get lucky this year. Good Luck with the grant process and stay safe "over there".

:D
    Proud to be an American, Union Firefighter!

Question

Yesterday a sales rep called me to see if he could show us some cascade systems and I informed him we were still waiting to hear from FEMA about our grant application. He then told me that some departments in his sales area had recieved notifications last week that their applications did not make the final review. Has anyone recieved anything stating that their application was denied? He knew exactly what grants I was talking about, it just makes wonder. He stated that a dept was planning on purchasing a system but had to cancel after recieving a denial on the grant.
    Stay Safe!!

"Just remember. No matter where you go. There you are!"

Question No News Here

No news from anyone locally here in rural Western PA. We are still waiting like many, many others. Good luck to all.
    Phil
    Stay Alert & Stay Safe

Thread Information