Thread: Fire fighters house lost to fire
07-06-2002, 12:48 AM #1
- Join Date
- Jul 2002
Firefighters' house lost to fire
In the early morning of July 4th. Firefighter Steve Athanosios of The Sebago Maine Fire Department lost his house to fire.
Fortunately, F.F. Athanosios had left the house earlier to rush his daughter, Stephanie age 15, to the local emergency room for possible appendicitis. His wife Marianne was at Maine Medical Center where she is employeed as a nurse.
Their home is a total loss.
Steve is a volunteer fire fighter with The Sebago Fire Department and a commercial fisherman.
A fund has been established by The Sebago Community Fire Company Inc. Cash, as well as gift certificates to Wal-Mart, Target and Home Depot are encouraged.
Donations may be mailed to: Sebago Community Fire Company Inc.
P.O. Box 179
Sebago, Maine 04029
Attn: Athanosios Fire Relief Fund
The fire fighters of Sebago are donating their pay checks from this fire to F.F. Athanosios and his family. Further fundraising is being planned.
The Sebago Fire Department responded to the fire with Sebago Engine 2 & 4, Sebago Tank 1 & 2, Standish Tower 1 and Tank 3 (automatic mutual aid) and was also assisted by mutual aid as follows: Standish Engine 1 & 2, Gorham Tank 2, Hiram Engine 1 & Tank 1, Baldwin Tank 1, Bridgton Engine 4 & 3 and Tank 4, and Naples Engine 5.
The fire was determined to be caused by an electrical problem.
The house was not insured. Due to an error in address changing, the insurance agency sent the bills and cancelation notice to the wrong address, and they were returned as undeliverable. Insurance was canceled June 23. The family is hiring an attorney but obviously they will not see any possible settlement for some time. The Sebago Community Fire Company is working to remodel a garage into living space.
Fire Chief Alan T. Greene
Sebago Fire Department
Last edited by chiefsebagofire; 07-06-2002 at 12:19 PM.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)