Question Fundraising ideas??

I was wondering if anyone might have any good ideas to raise money for my volunteer fire department. The officers are always looking for ideas, and I've come up short. I was hoping someone might have some suggestions. Thanks

IACOJ BOD

Find a sloping bank. Get a large sheet of plastic and hold a slippery slide for the children. Use some detergent to really get it going. It also lets them see the truck and the crew.

Entry by donations, and have soft drinks and sausages bbq for sale. We finish up with a lolly scramble.

Forum Member

A few years ago we we did a ladder climb to the height of Mount Everest, somthing like 29000 feet. People bet on how long it would take the crews to complete it to the nearest hour and paid a sum of money for each guess. The winner of course got a prize. Quite good for a spectacle and it kept the interest as people were always passing and asking what was going on. You could always tailor this to your own area if you have a local mountain or somthing. (Word of advice if you do this, make sure the ladders are well cushioned. We wore one of ours out!!)
    United Kingdom branch, IACOJ.

Forum Member

What we do is we have chili dinners, pancake breafast, or if you have an open house put donation jars out. have car washes in the station if you have a drivr thru bays or you can do it outside. I hope that these will help you out some

Thread Information