Thread: World Of Fire Report: 07-06-02
07-07-2002, 04:54 PM #1
World Of Fire Report: 07-06-02
*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Daylight Time unless otherwise indicated)
Saturday, July 06, 2002
· MILWAUKEE, WI: a 2nd Alarm at 34th St & National. Reported as an attached garage fire with exposure problems. [CHG06] (C). 12:13a.m.
· PROVIDENCE RI: MVA at 939 Branch Ave. Car vs. pole. North Providence Rescue on scene requesting the Jaws. *151.220/154.250* [TAC9-C51]. 1:42a.m.
· Update – PROVIDENCE, RI: MVA at 939 Branch Ave. Jaws now canceled. Person extricated by the Rescue. [TAC9-C51]. 1:44a.m.
· PUTNAM, CT: (East Putman District) – Working fire at 125 Five Mile River Road. A fully involved Barn fire. Re-tone for manpower and M/A en-route. *33.90* [TAC9-C09]. 2:26a.m.
· Update – PUTNAM, CT: (East Putman District) – Working fire(+) at 125 Five Mill Hill Road. A large barn fully involved. 2 additional Tankers for water supply. *33.90* [TAC9-C09]. 2:47a.m.
· ANDOVER, MA: MVA Interstate 93 NB @ Exit 42 (Dascomb Rd). Rollover MVA with ejection. Request Medflight. Request additional ALS with PUSH. *483.5875* [TAC9-C422]. 3:02a.m.
· Update - ANDOVER, MA: MVA on Interstate 93 BN @ Exit 42. ALS Units on scene transporting to Lawrence General Hosp. Medflight cancelled. OIC reporting (2) 10-45C2 (serious). *483.5875* C09 [TAC9-C422]. 3:19a.m.
· METHUEN, MA: Working fire at 210 Howe St. "Merrimack Country Club" Structure fire - shed type building housing golf carts + gasoline. OIC on scene reporting fully involved. Laying 4" line + requesting an additional Engine Co. *154.010* [TAC9-C422]. 3:34a.m.
· 2nd Alarm: METHUEN, MA: 210 Howe St. "Merrimack Country Club." Fully involved shed type structure housing golf carts + gas. Companies laying 4" line. OIC on scene requested a 2nd Alarm. M/A to cover. *154.010* [TAC9-C422]. 3:37a.m.
· Update - METHUEN, MA: 2nd Alarm at 210 Howe St. "Merrimack Country Club." OIC on scene reporting 3 lines stretched operating. Co.'s experiencing water problems. Exposure problems with trees near fire building. Lawrence M/A for coverage. *154.010* [TAC9-C422]. 3:49a.m.
· MALDEN, MA: 2nd Alarm on arrival: Box-295 at 233 Fellsway East. Reported structural fire. M/A to the scene and coverage. DWH *154.250/483.2875* C302/C933 [TAC9-C20]. 4:26a.m.
· Update – MALDEN, MA: *2nd Alarm* Box-295 at 233 Fellsway East. Reported fire top floor of a 2.5-story wood frame. Arson Unit Detectives requested. DWH *154.250/483.2875* C302/C933/C422 [TAC9-C20]. 4:41a.m.
· Update - 2nd Alarm: MALDEN, MA: Box-295 at 233 Fellsway East. Fire in top floor of 2.5-story wood frame. OIC on scene reporting fire is knocked down. Extensive overhaul + salvage operations in use. Arson Investigator en-route. *154.250/483.2875* C302/C20/C933 [TAC9-C422]. 5:02a.m.
· MASHPEE, MA: All Companies working at 100 Wheeler Road. Shed fire. M/A Sandwich FD [TAC9-C768]. 6:57a.m.
· PORTLAND, ME: Working fire on Springbrook Dr. at Riverton Park. A building fire. OIC reports fire in a duplex. *154.205/800* [TAC9-C101]. 7:41a.m.
· LACONIA, NH: Water Rescue at Weirs Beach. 2-1045's pulled from the water. Marine Units operating. Request for EMS. *159.900* C101 [TAC9-C32]. 9:03a.m.
· STLFN: COLLINSVILLE (MADISON Co.), IL: Collinsville FD on scene of a house fire @ 35 Miller Lane. Engine 15-reports heavy smoke showing. Requests next Engine to hit nearest hydrant. (STL 835). 9:23a.m.
· STLFN: COLLINSVILLE (MADISON Co.), IL: Update on Collinsville FD’s working fire @ 35 Miller Lane x Grandview Dr. Unconfirmed report of a lady trapped inside. Maryville FD responding on M/A for a Move-up. Collinsville FD put in an “all call” for additional Firefighters. (STL 835). 9:35a.m.
· WILL Co., IL: East Joliet FPD - 2nd Alarm @ 1601 Patterson. "Midwest Generation." This is a coal fired Power Plant. Fire in 3rd level below grade. Unable to get to seat of fire. [CHGO-1/6/21+]. 9:38a.m.
· HIGHLAND PARK, NJ: General Alarm at 411 Center St. 2.5-story wood frame dwelling – fully involved. M/A to work/cover. [EAN434/44/10]. 9:46a.m.
· STLFN: COLLINSVILLE (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Update on Collinsville FD’s working fire @ 35 Miller Lane. Collinsville 401 reports fire is under control. Co.’s overhauling. Red Cross has a 10-minute ETA to the scene. *FINAL* (STL 835). 10:16a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: **2nd Alarm** Box 753 at 227 Wilson Ave @ Myrtle Ave. Fire in a 3-brick 20x60 multiple dwelling. 1 line runs. BN28 [MNS-516]. 11:20a.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: **2nd Alarm** Box 753 at 227 Wilson Ave @ Myrtle Ave. 3-brick 20x60 multiple dwelling. L111 FAST, BN35 SAFETY COR, BN-38 COMM CORD. BN-28 [MNS-516] * 11:30a.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: **2nd Alarm** Box 753 at 227 Wilson Ave @ Myrtle Ave. 3-story brick 20x60 multiple dwelling. FAST Tuck L111 to work. S/C L135 as FAST. S/C L102. BN-28 [MNS-516] * 11:34a.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: **2nd Alarm** Box 753 at corrected address to 225 Wilson Ave @ Myrtle Ave. 3-story brick 20x60 multiple dwelling. Fire into exposure 4. 6 lines in operation. Fire knocked down. Primary search negative in exp-4. DWH DIV-11 [MNS-516] * 11:38a.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: **2nd Alarm** Box 753 at 225 Wilson Ave @ Myrtle Ave. 3-story brick 20x60 with fire into exposure 4. All searches in exposure 4 are negative. Primary search negative in fire building. Fire is under control. DIV-11 [MNS-516] * 11:47a.m.
· BALTIMORE Co., MD: 2nd Alarm on arrival at 4610 Mews Dr. (Box 31-24 /Co.31 Owings Mills). 2-story Townhouse - well involved. [L/L E23 DC15]. 12:32p.m.
· TORONTO, CANADA: 2nd Alarm on arrival at 10 Macy Ave. Dumpster fire extended to Hi-rise occupied multiple dwelling. Quick knock down. Fire now under control. TFN300 [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 12:35p.m.
· 2nd Alarm - LOWELL, MA: 68 Humprhey St. Fire on floor #2 of a 2-story wood frame. *154.205* [TAC9-C768]. 1:01p.m.
· Update - LOWELL, MA: 2nd Alarm at 68 Humprhey St. Fire on floor #2 of a 25x50 wood frame. 3 lines stretched operating. Request for EMS. *154.205* [TAC9-C768]. 1:16p.m.
· BRONX, NY: 22- 3269 - 2nd Alarm at 2107 Williamsbridge Rd x Lydig Ave/Pelham Parkway South. Fire in the roof area of a 3-story brick occupied multiple dwelling with stores on first floor. B27 SAFETY, B18 COMM CORD, L47 FAST. [MNS342]. 1:49p.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: 22-3269 *2nd Alarm* revised address of 2115 Williamsbridge Rd x Lydig Ave/Pelham Parkway South. Fire ductwork on roof area of a 2-story brick 75x75 occupied multiple dwelling with Restaurant on 1st floor (Mr. Chu's Gourmet Restaurant). Primary searches are negative. Return all Special Units. [MNS342]. 1:59p.m.
· Final: BRONX, NY: 22-3269 *2nd Alarm* at 2115 Williamsbridge Rd x Lydig Ave/Pelham Parkway South. Fire in Mr. Chu's Gourmet Restaurant & ductwork on 1st floor of a 2-story brick 75x75 occupied multiple dwelling. Fire is under control. [MNS342]. 2:13p.m.
· STLFN: ST.CLAIR Co., IL: New Athens FD is on scene of a car in a lake on Ballwin Rd. No one is inside. Smithton FD on stand-by @ their Engine House. (STL 835). 2:16p.m.
· STLFN: DITTMER (JEFFERSON Co.), MO: Cedar Hill FD *2nd Alarm* on arrival @ Dittmer A.G. Grocery Store, 7728 Hwy 30. Commercial structure with heavy smoke/fire showing. [STL899]. 2:33p.m.
· BUXTON, ME: Working fire at 197 Depot St. Unattached garage fire - well involved with exposures. *154.235* C101/C603 [TAC9-C32]. 2:43p.m.
· EAST HARTFORD, CT: MVA at Ellington Rd at School St. Jaws for a door pop. (1) 1045 Code 3. *460.600* [TAC9-C304]. 2:46p.m.
· CANTON, MA: All Companies working – Box 9, Building 11 Arboretum Way off Turnpike St. 3.5-story wood frame duplex with smoke showing from the 3rd floor. *453.525 [TAC9-C105]. 2:48p.m.
· STLFN: DITTMER (JEFFERSON Co.), MO: Update - Cedar Hill FPD's *2nd Alarm* @ Dittmer A.P Grocery Store, 7728 Hwy 30. Commercial structure. S/C for additional Equipment to the scene. Move-ups have been made. Salvation Army Canteen en-route. [STL800/899]. 2:50p.m.
· Update – CANTON, MA: Working fire - Box 25 - Building 11 Arboretum Way off Turnpike St. 3.5-wood frame 200x50. Fire on the 3rd floor. *453.525* [TAC9-C105]. 2:52p.m.
· 2nd Alarm – CANTON, MASS: Box 25 - Building 11 Arboretum Way off Turnpike St. 3.5 wood frame 200x50 with fire on 3rd floor. *453.525* [TAC9-C105]. 2:54p.m.
· NEWBURG, MD: **2nd Alarm sounded** Dwelling fire at 13500 Old Oak Dr (Charles Co.) – Single-family dwelling with heavy fire from garage - possible extension. 2nd Alarm sounded for manpower. Tanker Task Force + additional Engine above 2nd Alarm. M/A from St. Marys Co. & King George Co., VA to work. [DC8]. 2:56p.m.
· EAST HARTFORD, CT: MVA on Ellington Road at School St. Jaws requested. [TAC9-C768]. 2:57p.m.
· 3rd Alarm - CANTON, MA: Box 25 at 11 Arboretum Way off Turnpike Street. Fire in a 3.5-story wood frame occupied multiple dwelling 200x50. M/A to scene & for coverage. *453.525* [TAC9-C461]. 3:05p.m.
· STLFN: DITTMER (JEFFERSON Co.), MO: Cedar Hill FPD *3rd Alarm Equiv* @ Dittmer AG Grocery Store, 7728 Hwy 30. S/C for extra Pumpers, Tankers, Air Cascade & AMBO's for Rehab. Numerous Handlines in operation. [STL899]. 3:17p.m.
· JERSEY CITY (HUDSON Co.), NJ: **3rd Alarm on arrival** on Bostwick Ave. Fire in an occupied building with people trapped. [EAN18 * EAN301]. 3:26p.m.
· DITTMER (JEFFERSON Co.), MO: Cedar Hill FPD *4th Alarm* @ Dittmer AG Store, 7728 Hwy 30. Commercial structure. Heavy fire/smoke. Numerous handlines & Aerials in operation. Heat Index is 98 degrees. [STL899]. 3:32p.m.
· DITTMER (JEFFERSON Co.), MO: Update - Cedar Hill FPD's *4th Alarm* @ Dittmer AG Store, 7728 Hwy 30. Commercial structure. Additional Move-ups being made. M/A from Jefferson Co., St. Louis Co., & Franklin Co. FPD's. [STL899]. 3:32p.m.
· NEWBURG, MD: 3rd Alarm Equiv. 13500 Old Oak Dr. (Charles Co.). Single-family dwelling. Heavy fire garage with extension to dwelling. M/A from St. Mary’s Co., MD & King George Co., VA to work & to cover. Calvert Co., MD to cover. (DWH) [DC8]. 3:36p.m.
· STLFN: DITTMER (JEFFERSON Co.), MO: Update - Cedar Hill FPD’s *4th Alarm+* @ Dittmer AG Store, 7728 Hwy 30. Commercial structure. S/C for a Tanker Task Force to 6671 Mall Drive for water shuttle operations. [STL899]. 3:57p.m.
· RAYNHAM, MA: MVA on Broadway (Rte.138) near Taunton Line. Medflight requested – L/Z #6 Golf Course near the scene. 1045C2 leg & internal injuries. *453.900* C06 [TAC9-C30]. 4:02p.m.
· DITTMER (JEFFERSON Co.), MO: Cedar Hill FPD *5th Alarm* @ Dittmer AG Store, 7728 Hwy 30. Commercial structure. Tanker Task Forces for water shuttle operations. Numerous lines working. [STL899]. 4:08p.m.
· **Smoke Alert** The National Weather Service has issued an advisory regarding a high pressure system that is pushing smoke from a large Canadian forest fire into the northern United States. Numerous Agencies in the New York & New Jersey area are going out on Smoke Investigations mostly due to this situation. [EAN301]. 4:17p.m.
· Update - NEWBURG, MD: 3rd Alarm Equiv. Dwelling fire at 13500 Old Oak Dr. Fire under control. (PWH) [DC8]. 4:35p.m.
· CAMDEN, NJ: 2nd Alarm at 1148 Haddon Ave. A dwelling fire. [EAN3386/10]. 4:40p.m.
· SALEM, CT: Water Incident at Gardner Lake off of Old Colchester Rd (Route 354) - 2 boats involved in a high speed head-on collision. Lifestar requested for 1 1045 C2. L/Z is Gardner Lake Firehouse on Route 354. 33.90* [TAC9-C09]. 5:00p.m.
· FARMINGTON, NH: Working fire on East Grove St. A garage fire. OIC reports fire is a PWH. *154.370* [TAC9-C101]. 5:04p.m.
· STLFN: BALLWIN (ST.LOUIS Co.), MO: Metro-West FPD *1st Alarm* @ 100 Seven Trails Dr. x Rock Trail Drive behind Ballwin Goverment Center. Commercial building with fire in roof. Fire now knocked down. Co.'s checking for extension. 5" line laid on arrival. [STL899]. 5:06p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: 2-11 Alarm at 3349 W. Montrose. 1-story truss roof Auto-body shop 100x75. Heavy smoke conditions. Setting up TL’s. Fire is not thru roof. DWH. [CHGO-1/24/138*/145/203]. 5:09p.m.
· STLFN: DITTMER (JEFFERSON Co.), MO: Update - Cedar Hill FPD's *5th Alarm* @ Dittmer AG Store, 7728 Hwy 30. Commercial structure. Co.'s making good progress. Fire placed under control. Long duration operations. [STL899]. 5:11p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: 3-11 Alarm fire at 3347 W. Montrose b/o 2-1-27. [CHGO-1/21/24/138/145]. 5:21p.m.
· Update – CHICAGO, IL: 3-11 Alarm at 3347 W. Montrose. 2 Tower Ladders, 1 Aerial Pipe, Squd 2’s Snorkel, a couple of Deck Guns & 9 handlines working at this time. [CHGO-24/1*/21/138*/145/234*] ©. 5:54p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: 4-11 Alarm fire at 3347 W. Montrose b/o 2-1-27. [CHGO-1/21/24/138/145/203/234]. 6:13p.m.
· OLD SAYBROOK, CT: MVA - Essex Rd and Ferry Rd. Lifestar requested. L/Z is the Ragged Rock Marina on Ferry Rd. *46.18/46.26* [TAC9-C09]. 6:15p.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a working Garage fire @ Arkansas & Dunnica. P-32 reports a garage fully involved - 1 line off. PUMPERS: 32-1-36, HL4 (RIT), BC804. [STL899]. 6:16p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: Update on the 4-11 Alarm at 3347 W. Montrose. Roof has collapsed in the middle of the structure. Moving Truck 38 out of the wall collapse zone. S/C Engine 57 to bring RES. SNK 6-6-1 to the scene. [CHGO-24/1+/21/138*/145/234*] ©. 6:20p.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: U/D STLFD's working fire @ corrected address of 3443 Dunnica x Arkansas. Ameren UE called for wires down. BC804 reports 2 lines off & fire is under control. [STL899]. 6:21p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: 4-11 Alarm fire @ 3349 W. Montrose. 1-story truss roof 100x125 partial collapse. 2-TL’s, 2-Ladder Pipes, 1-Snorkel, 2-Deck Guns & 9-handlines working. [CHGO-1/24]. 6:31p.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: Update - STLFD's working fire @ 3443 Dunnica x Arkansas. BC804 reports 2 garages involved. Fire is under control. Co.'s overhauling & awaiting Ameren UE. [STL899]. 6:35p.m.
· STLFN: FRANKLIN Co., MO: Boles FPD *1st Alarm* @ Ameren UE Labadie Plant on Labadie Power Plant Rd. Fire in a Commercial structure. M/A responding. [STL899]. 6:40p.m.
· STLFN: FRANKLIN Co., MO: Boles FPD *2nd Alarm* @ Ameren UE Labadie Plant on Labadie Power Plant Rd. Fire in a commercial structure. M/A responding. [STL899]. 6:41p.m.
· STLFN: LABADIE (FRANKLIN Co.), MO: Boles FPD *3rd Alarm* @ Ameren UE Labadie Plant on Labadie Power Plant Rd. Fire in a large Commercial Power Plant. M/A from Franklin, St. Louis & Jefferson Co. FPD's responding. [STL899]. 6:54p.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a working fire @ 3646 Fillmore. Light smoke showing from a 2-story building. 1 line off. [STL899]. 7:01p.m.
· STLFN: LABADIE (FRANKLIN Co.), MO: Update - Boles FPD’s *3rd Alarm* @ Ameren UE Labadie Plant on Labadie Power Plant Rd. Warren County has sent a Pumper Task Force to move-up to Washington FD's House #1. [vm-STL966/899]. 7:01p.m.
· COLCESTER, CT: MVA on Rt 2 W, between Exits 15/16. Rollover with 2 Lifestars to scene. L/Z is the highway. *33.82* [TAC9-C304]. 7:22p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: The 4-11 Alarm fire @ 3349 W. Montrose has been struck out b/o 2-1-5. Building is surrounded by 2-TL’s, 2-Snorkels, 1 Ladder Pipe, 1-multiversal and several handlines still working. [CHGO-1/21/24/138/145/203/234]. 7:29p.m.
· WEST WARWICK, RI: All Companies working on Main St. and Nester St. Co.'s have smoke showing from a 2.5-story wood frame. *154.430* C51 [TAC9-C319]. 7:29p.m.
· Update - WEST WARWICK, RI: Working fire on Main and Nester St. Fire in a 2.5-story wood frame. Fire on the top floor in the ceiling. DWH. *154.430* C51 [TAC9-C319]. 7:34p.m.
· Update - WEST WARWICK, RI: Working fire on Main and Nester Streets. Fire in a 2.5-story wood frame. Fire on the top floor. Fire knocked down & PWH. *154.430* C51 [TAC9-C319]. 7:51p.m.
· STLFN: LABADIE (FRANKLIN Co.), MO: Update - Boles FPD’s *3rd Alarm* @ Ameren UE Labadie Plant on Labadie Power Plant Rd. Companies: 1414, 3924, 8730, 4833 & 2307 moved to Metro-West FPD’s House #5 - Task Force Move-up. [STL818]. 8:00p.m.
· STLFN: LABADIE (FRANKLIN Co), MO: Update - Boles FPD *3rd Alarm* @ Ameren UE Labadie Plant on Labadie Power Plant Rd. 2nd and 3rd Alarm Companies are beginning to be released. [STL818]. 8:08p.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: 4-11 Alarm fire @ 3349 W. Montrose. Fire in Auto-shop 75x150, 1-story. 2-TL's, 2 Snorkel's, (1)-Ladder, 1 Deck Gun & 9 handlines worked this fire. [CHGO-03/01/24] (c). 8:18p.m.
· HEATH, MA: MVA on Colrain Stage Rd. Vehicle on fire with entrapment. Jaws working. Lifeflight requested but unavailable. CT123 [TAC9-C101]. 8:31p.m.
· 2nd Alarm - ARLINGTON, MA: Box 174 at 11 Fordham St. Heavy fire showing from a house. *460.600* [TAC9-C30]. 8:58p.m.
· Update – ARLINGTON, MA: 2nd Alarm on Box 174 at 11 Fordham St. 2.5-story wood frame with heavy fire in the rear - through the roof. [TAC9-C30]. 9:16p.m.
· 3rd Alarm - ARLINGTON, MA: Box 174 at 11 Fordham St. 2.5-story house 25x75 with heavy fire upper floors & through the roof. S/C Metrofire Air Supply. *460.600* [TAC9-C30]. 9:37a.m.
· COVENTRY, CT: MVA on Boston Turnpike at Brigham Tavern Rd. Rollover with entrapment. Request for Jaws and ALS. *453.1375* 33.44* [TAC9-C304]. 9:53p.m.
· PLYMOUTH, MA: MVA at 249 Bartlett Rd. E5 reports 2 people trapped. Jaws in use. Request for an extra Ambulance to the scene. *154.430* [TAC9-C06]. 9:59p.m.
· Update – COVENTRY, CT: MVA on Boston Turnpike at Brigham’s Tavern Rd. Request for Lifestar to scene for a trauma patient. L/Z is on Rt.44. CT-123 [TAC9-C304]. 10:15p.m.
· NEW PALTZ (ULSTER Co.), NY: **2nd Alarm** at 243 Main St. Fire in a Commercial building. NFI [MNS-516] * 10:33p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a 1st Alarm b/o Pumper 28 at 4630 Vernon. Pumper-38 reports they have heavy fire and they are setting up a Master stream. There is an exposure. PUMPERS: 10, 122, 28, 24, 26, HL15, BC805 & 806, SQUAD-2. [STL819]. 11:06p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS Co., MO: Moline FPD has a 1st Alarm house and boat fire at 10224 Earl. They have a report of someone trapped in the house. Pumper-4610 reports all occupants are out of the house. [STL819]. 11:25p.m.
· CRANSTON, RI: MVA on Plainfield Pike at Old Plainfield Circle. Request for the Jaws and request for 5 ALS Units to the scene. *154.010* [TAC9-C319]. 11:28p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update on STLFD's 1st Alarm at 4630 Vernon. BC 805 reports primary and secondary searches of the fire building were negative. [STL819]. 11:35p.m.
· Update – CRANSTON, RI: MVA on Plainfield Pike. Two car MVA. 1-10-45 Code 2+ has been removed, 1-10-45 Code 1 DOA on the scene & 1-10-45 Code 2 transport to Hasbro. *154.010* [TAC9-C319]. 11:52p.m.
*** FirePage Ohio Report for July 6, 2002 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Northern Kentucky and we will soon add Eastern Indiana and the City of Indianapolis. Beginning in 2002, we will be sending all of our incident notifications via E-Mail. So, if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an email address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information, you can contact us at our office, (937) 399-4197, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatcher Scott Berringer (email@example.com)
Wooster Twp (Wayne): Extra Company MVA SR 83 & Clark. Pick-up and car MVA, one vehicle overturned on top of another vehicle. Reports of ammo possibly going off in truck due to fire. 5 victims. M/A Shreve Squad, Fredricksburg Engine & squad, Wooster City Rescue. FPO/D701 ©
Erie, PA: W/F Box # 268 @ 1900 Block of Camphausen. Cos: Eng 13, 8, 3, TL 2, DC 322. Eng 13 reports porch fire on 2.5 sty house. FPO/D800 ©
Erie, PA: W/F Box # 268 @ 1900 Block of Camphausen. Eng 13 reports fire K/D. Eng 3 in service. FPO/D800 ©
Columbus: W/F 975 Sullivant Ave. Cos: Eng 10 (River Rats), 2 (War Wagon), Lad 10, Res2cuE, Med 10, BN 1. 2 sty house. FPO/D284 ©
Columbus: W/F 975 Sullivant Ave. RIC: Eng 17, Med 17, EMS 15. FPO/D284 ©
Columbus: W/F 975 Sullivant Ave. BN 1 (Smith) reports fire K/D. Holding all companies. FPO/D284 ©
Jefferson Twp (Madison): MVA/TRAUMA Motorcycle vs van US 40 @ SR 142. Cos: Med 250, 243 (Prairie Twp), Res251enG. MedFlight # 1 (117MK) S/C'd. Level 1 Trauma. FPO/249/D223 ©
Cleveland: W/F 10702 Lee Ave. House fire. Cos: Eng 22, 10, Lad 10, Squad 3, & BN 6. Eng 17 - Worker. Lad 30 - RIT. FPO/D703 ©
Rosewood (Logan): MVA/PIN @ Shady Bowl Racetrack. Cos: Eng 162, Med 31, Squad 32 (Robinaugh). Helo S/C'd. Person pinned in auto. FPO/D276 ©
Rosewood (Loran): MVA/PIN @ Shady Bowl Racetrack. Quincy Res71cuE S/C'd. LZ being set up. FPO/D276 ©
--- Pages Today: 10
--- Pages YTD: 2399
DC Firecom/Baltimore Metro Dispatch Report
July 6, 2002
BALTIMORE Co., MD: *Working fire* Apartment building at 521 Epsom Rd. (Co.#1 – Towson). WFD en-route. NFIATT. [DC/BMD/E*23-2-10]. 18:51hrs.
Update - BALTIMORE Co., MD: *Working fire+++* Apartment building at 521 Epsom Rd. BC-11 requests (2) additional Engines (307 & 391) & (1) SQUAD (303). [DC/BMD/E*23-2-10]. 18:57hrs.
Update - BALTIMORE Co., MD: working fire+++ Apartment building at 521 Epsom Rd. BC-11 reports fire contained. All searches (-). [DC/BMD/E*23-2-10]. 19:20hrs.
*** UPDATE - LODD Gloucester City, NJ. ***
STEWART, THOMAS GRAY, III
Suddenly on July 4, 2002 of Gloucester City, NJ. Age 30yrs.
He is the loving father of Nicholas William Stewart (15months old), beloved son of Thomas G., Jr. and Maryann Stewart (nee Hutchinson), fiance & loving partner of Danielle Suzanne Ruggierio & dear brother of Ryan William Thomas Stewart. Tom is also the beloved grandson of Rose & the late William Hutchinson, & the late Thomas G., Sr. and the late Elizabeth Feaster Stewart. He was also the loving uncle of Kaylee Madison, Ashley Nicole & Chase Patrick and dear godchild of Aunt Margie and Uncle Marty. He was also survived by numerous aunts, uncles, cousins and friends along with his Brothers & Sisters of the Fireman's Benevolent Association Local 51, & will be sadly missed by Danielle's family: the Ruggierios: Gary, Carol, Sam, Edie, Bill, Linda, Nicole, Gina, Amy, Steven and Angela; the Conklins: Ron, Lisa, Tim, Angela and Greg; Florence and the late William H. Klotz and special long time friends Vicki and Shannon.
Tom was a career Firefighter & EMT with the Gloucester City Fire Dept, and was also the owner of Tom Stewart III Remod-eling, Inc. He was a former Corrections Officer for the Camden County Sheriffs Dept. & former owner of Tropical Illusion Tanning Salon in Gloucester.
Relatives, friends & brothers & sisters in Emergency Services are invited to meet Tuesday evening from 6:00 to 9:00pm and again Wednesday morning 10-12Noon at St. Mary's Church, 426 Monmouth St, Gloucester City, NJ. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated 12:00noon at the Church. Interment Hillcrest Memorial Park, Hurffville, NJ. In lieu of flowers the family requests donations in Tom's memory be made to the Nicholas William Stewart Trust Fund, c/o Commerce Bank, 1701 State Hwy 70 East, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034.
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
District Fire Chief Jay Boeing 352-2344
District Fire Chief Roy E. Winston 352-2311
Time: 01:59 p.m.
This is Cincinnati Fire District One Chief Roy E. Winston reporting on an one-alarm fire which took place this afternoon, July 4,02 in Hyde Park area of Cincinnati. At 1:59 PM fire units companies dispatched to 2807 Lynwood Avenue, a neighbor reported that the house at that location was on fire.
When firefighters arrived they found smoke emitting from the first and second floor of the home. Firefighters forced entry via the front door of the home and found the fire in the kitchen area; the fire was confined to that region of the home. The residents of the house were not at home.
No firefighters were reported hurt while battling the blaze and intensive heat. Fire damage is estimated at $20,000 and the cause of the fire is under investigation. For more information contact District Chief Jay Boeing at 352-2344.
Fredrick A. Prather
Fredrick A. Prather, District Fire Chief
Cincinnati Fire Department Fire Prevention Bureau
430 Central Avenue Cincinnati,
Phone: (513) 357-7595, Fax: (513) 357-7579
***BALTIMORE, MARYLAND FIRE HISTORY***
for July 6th:
1907: E-30 was actively placed in service = General Order #441 - E-30 was organized on 1/1/1907 = General Order #438 - E-30's new quarters is located @ 3220 Frederick Ave @ Hilton St in Southwest Baltimore - It is a 2 story brick building on a lot 150'x72', costing $28,901 & the lot $4,388 - There are (2) doors for the exit of apparatus - They received a used 1885 Clapp & Jones steamer, rebuilt in 1904, & drawn by (3) horses - It was fomerly E-5, E-21, a reserve, & E-14 - E-30's 1st Capatin was John Eisenbrodt, a promoted Lieutenant from E-14 - T-8 also moved in with E-30 on the same day E-30 was placed in service - On 1/12/1929, E-30 responded to assist the Washington, DC Fire Department - On 4/20/1953, the Department Radio Shop was located with E-30 = General Order #60-53 - On 6/27/1957, Ambulance #12 was located with E-30 = General Order #89-57 - E-30, T-8, & Medic-12 are still in active service in the same quarters. (WS*TUH*GTE)
1951 - 6 Alarms - Box#371 - 0026hrs - 1130-1134 N Parrish St - Sandtown/Winchester (Northwest Of Downtown) - Fire involved the 3 story brick Bombay Storage Company - Lieutenant Charles L. DeFalco, T-10, was on the rooftop in the dense smoke & walked off into an areaway, landing in the back yard of a Gilmor St dwelling, his back broken, which resulted in paralysis of both legs - He spent the next 7.5 years flat on his back in various hospitals & rehabilitation centers & died as the result of his injuries on 1/5/1959 - He was buried in Cedar Hill Cemetery on 1/9/1959. (CHM1*TUH)
1969: 12 Alarms - 6-6-143 & 6-6-1424 - 1109 E Pratt St - East Of Downtown - Fire involved the 3rd & 4th floors of the 4 story brick Central Pattern Works - T-1 was westbound on Pratt St, returning from the 5 alarm fire @ the Seaboard Salvage Company, when Lieutenant Cleveland Gillis, E-32 detailed to T-1, observed smoke & flames shooting from the building - He radioed for Box#143 to be sounded followed by a 2nd alarm @ once - DC-1, Roland F. Wett, ordered 12 alarms within 38 minutes - The last 6 alarms from Box#1424 were precautionary as he figured the fire would spread down the block & extend to Public School #2, which was directly behind the pattern shop - Firefighters surrounded the fire & kept it from spreading in any direction. (TUH*CHM1)
2000: 2 Alarms - Box#20-13 - 2143hrs - 715 N Longwood St - Walbrook (Northwest Of Downtown) - Fire involved a 2 story brick rowhouse - (Note: Companies with a "*" have since been disbanded) 1st alarm @ 2143hrs = E-20, E-36, E-8, E-30, T-18, T-8, & BC-3 - Working fire @ 2148hrs = Rescue-1, Air Cascade-1, & BC-5 - 2nd alarm @ 2154hrs = E-14, E-53, *T-13*, & T-16 - Fire under control @ 2212hrs - Transfers = *T-102 (Aerial Tower)* (Now T-2)/T-8 - "C" Shift. (TGA)
2000: 2 Alarms - Box#31-22 - 2205hrs - 3100 Greenmount Ave - Waverly (North Of Downtown) - Fire involved a 3 story stucco bar & apartment - There was (1) civilian fatality - 1st alarm @ 2205hrs = E-31, E-33, *E-19*, E-4, T-5, T-29, & BC-2 - 2nd alarm @ 2215hrs = E-6, E-44, *T-9*, T-1 (Snorkel), Air Cascade-2, & BC-4 - Special call @ 2220hrs = Rescue-1 - Fire under control @ 2226hrs - "C" Shift. (TGA)
George T. Ehrman
*** LAFD FY 2002-3 EMS Resource Deployment Plan ***
Dear Friends and Colleagues:
Many of you, as stakeholderrs in the City of Los Angeles and its Fire Department, have expressed an interest in the LAFD's continuing efforts to enhance service. The following are highlights of the second year of the Fire Commission and Chief Bamattre's 5 year plan to enhance life safety services to all parts of Los Angeles.
EMS RESOURCE DEPLOYMENT PLAN
DURING FISCAL YEAR 2002 / 2003
JULY 14, 2002
Three new EMS District offices
EMS District 2 at FS 50 CD 13,1,14 Cypress Park / Highland Park
EMS District 6 at FS 112 CD 15 San Pedro / Harbor area
EMS District 12 at FS 24 CD 2 & 7 Sunland / Northeast Valley
OCTOBER 6, 2002
One new rotational Paramedic Ambulance and Assessment Engine
New Paramedic Rescue 77 at Fire Station 77
Convert Paramedic Engine 77 into Assessment Engine 77
CD 7 & 2 Sun Valley
Two new BLS Ambulances
BLS Rescue 844 at FS 44 CD 1 Cypress Park
BLS Rescue 883 at FS 83 CD 11 Encino
One relocated Variable Staffed BLS Ambulance
BLS Rescue 881 at FS 81 CD 2 & 7 Panorama City
Five new Variable Staffed BLS Ambulances
BLS Rescue 891 at FS 91 CD 7 & 12 Sylmar / City of San Fernando
BLS Rescue 841 at FS 41 CD 4 & 5 Hollywood Hills West
BLS Rescue 834 at FS 34 CD 10 & 8 Jefferson Park / West Adams
BLS Rescue 806 at FS 6 CD 13 Mid-Wilshire / Wilshire Center
BLS Rescue 821 at FS 21 CD 9 South-Central Los Angeles
JANUARY 12, 2003
One BLS Ambulance upgraded to Paramedic Ambulance
Paramedic Rescue 12 at FS 12 CD 1 Highland Park
Five BLS Engines upgraded to Assessment Engines
Assessment Engine 62 at FS 62 CD 6 Mar Vista
Assessment Engine 75 at FS 75 CD 7 Mission Hills
Assessment Engine 16 at FS 16 CD 14 South El Sereno
Assessment Engine 70 at FS 70 CD 12 Northridge
Assessment Engine 48 at FS 48 CD 15 San Pedro
APRIL 6, 2003 --- A Paramedic Resource in every Fire Station district
One new Paramedic Ambulance
Paramedic Rescue 59 at FS 59 CD 11 West Los Angeles
Two new BLS Ambulances
BLS Rescue 829 at FS 29 CD 4 & 10 Hancock Park
BLS Rescue 848 at FS 48 CD 15 San Pedro
Six BLS Engines upgraded to Assessment Engines
Assessment Engine 50 at FS 50 CD 13 Glassell Park
Assessment Engine 17 at FS 17 CD 14 Industrial Eastside
Assessment Engine 49 at FS 49 CD 15 Wilmington
Assessment Engine 81 at FS 81 CD 2 & 7 Panorama City
Assessment Engine 91 at FS 91 CD 7 & 12 Sylmar / San Fernando
Assessment Lt.Force 98 at FS 98 CD 7 Pacoima
JUNE 29, 2003
Two new rotational Paramedic Ambulances and Assessment Engines
New Paramedic Rescue 71 at Fire Station 71
Convert Paramedic Engine 71 into Assessment Engine 71
CD 5 Bel Air / Beverly Glen
New Paramedic Rescue 79 at Fire Station 79
Convert Paramedic Engine 79 into Assessment Engine 79
CD 15 Harbor Gateway
Four new BLS Ambulances
BLS Rescue 817 at FS 17 CD 14 Industrial Eastside
BLS Rescue 856 at FS 56 CD 4 & 13 Silverlake / Griffith Park
BLS Rescue 870 at FS 70 CD 12 Northridge
BLS Rescue 906 at FS 106 CD 3 West Hills
Four new EMS District offices
EMS District 4 at FS 63 CD 6 Venice / Westchester / LAX
EMS District 7 at FS 47 CD 14 El Sereno / Lincoln Heights
EMS District 9 at FS 59 CD 11 West Los Angeles /Brentwood
EMS District 15 at FS 28 CD 12 Porter Ranch / Northridge
Fraternally Yours in Safety and Service,
Public Service Officer
Los Angeles Fire Department
200 North Main Street, Room OCD - E423
Los Angeles, CA 90012 USA
Fax: (213) 485-2708
LAFD E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
LAFD Website: http://www.lafd.org
The Elizabeth, NJ Fire Department Unofficial Web Site can be view by Clicking on the following address http://www.elizabethnjfire.com
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
(GCFN) Gold Coast Fire Network - Bob Sherman - President
P.O. Box 63-04 E-MAIL: email@example.com.
Miami, Florida 33163 Carrier: Airtouch
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
Box 8 Club of St. Louis Inc.
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportfirstname.lastname@example.org
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2002 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
Last edited by PaulBrown; 07-07-2002 at 05:01 PM.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)