Thread: Bangor, Maine
07-08-2002, 02:04 AM #1
BANGOR, Maine (AP) - A family of 12 was left homeless by a blaze
caused by a child playing with matches, authorities said.
A 6-year-old child playing with matches in a bedroom caused the
fire that swept through the home and an attached barn Saturday
night, Scott Richardson of the state fire marshal's office told the
Bangor Daily News.
Luther Farley, 41, his wife, Wendy, 36, and their 10 children,
ages 1 to 17 years old, all escaped the blaze.
The family tried unsuccessfully to put out the flames. Wendy
Farley suffered burns on her arms and was taken to Mayo Regional
Hospital in Dover-Foxcroft where she was treated and released,
The house was engulfed in flames when firefighters were notified
of the 911 call, said Jeff Smith, assistant fire chief.
The family spent Saturday night and Sunday at Beech Ridge Camps
in Brownville. They have no relatives in the region, Wendy Farley
On the Net:
www.bangornews.comProudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones
*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
On the web at www.section2wildfire.com
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)