Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Bairds sentence

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Good point Malahat....but...it feels so good!
    And Cap, I would not argue that one point with anyone no matter what side of the fence he/she sits on.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Has anyone heard anything else about the appeal?
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Stan,Yer slipping!You've let our buddy Baird become second page news!I'm moving him back to the front!(the Russian front)T.C.

Rescue 101...

I humbly appologize. Been busy taking care of my girlfriend who just had knee surgery. (see...I do have a life )

I appreciate you stepping up and picking up my slack.

I suppose that folks are just worn out from talking about this sorry waste of a piece of human flesh. Perhaps we may just let this one die and blow away and then when the appeal starts ....I am sure he will again come to the forefront of conversation.
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Forum Member

Without wanting this to fall by the wayside, I think that there is nothing left to say that hasn't been said. Unfortunately there are people out there that think this "man" is a hero......this truely amazes me.

My thoughts and prayers to the Golden's......Brad and you are the true victims.

My prayers also to the Baird's......for being this misguided in life will surely lead to a reckoning soon after.

and finally my prayers to the Fire Service.....for once again allowing ourselves to be in this type of tragedy, and having those that believe that nothing wrong was done.

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

I have been standing by for the appeal process to do its thing. However, I did send a msg to Greg Golden a few days ago, expressing my best wishes to the family, as well as my disgust at the "Benefit" party in particular.

We can only hope that this comes to the conclusion that it deserves.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Stan,perhaps as you are Minister of same,the girlfriend might enjoy you 'ministering of same over ice.Give her my best and I hope all is well on the southern front.T.C.

MembersZone Subscriber ChiefReason's Avatar

Captstanm1:
    I have several pairs of crutches, canes, knee immobilizers, Conjoy knee braces, stationary bike; you just name it buddy and it's yours.
    I got alot of experience with knee surgeries. Now, to the main topic.
    I find myself completely flabbergasted at the thought that, according to Ms. Avid Supporter, they have raised several thousand dollars. To compound my confusion, she states that a lot of the money is coming in from fire departments????

Someone please tell me that the state of the nation's fire service is not to the point that we would condone these irreprehensible actions of Alan Baird, but would also send him money for his legal bills that was to be pro bono (that means free, Avid Supporter) in the first place? I realize that alot of discussion took place about who did and who didn't; who should have, could have , would have but didn't. There was much discussion about others who should be charged or at least held responsible in some way for the tragedy of Sept. 25th.

It leaves me speechless. Hell, why don't they just go out and put a big statue of [Baird] in front of their fire station. I would suggest using the pose from the picture of him standing in full turnout next to the rig with that hideous smirk on his face. You know; the one taken AFTER the trial was underway!?! It can remind all who pass by the station that, in this country, you can kill your fellow man and eat your cake too.

I want this thing over with; I want Alan Baird to pay for it; I want the rest of us to push for reform. Many of us are not happy with the outcome. Then, we must be the voice. The politicians in my area have heard his name and know what happened, because I told them. They support the idea that we need some guidelines. They are there; you have to access them.

As far as arson charges that many of you discussed in this thread, I will ask: what difference would it make to charge him with that crime? He was charged with second degree murder and pled down. Would they not do the same for the arson charge? And besides, if you really want to kick this guy in the nads, find an appropriate Federal charge. Did he violate any federal laws when he set the fire and killed Brad Golden? Did he violate Brad Golden's rights? Have the Feds even looked at this case? States are such wussies when it comes to charging someone, but the Feds; they love face time with the cameras. Anyone got any ideas? Because I am not willing to give this guy the easy way out. I will continue to speak out against the Alan Bairds. I will have plenty of time after September. I will make it my life's mission to stop the Alan Bairds before we have to explain to the very young parents of the very young firefighters that we killed their child. IT MUST STOP!!!

Keep the pressure on, crusty ones. Bradley Golden would have been one of us, if Baird hadn't snuffed his young life out.
    Stay safe.
    Last edited by ChiefReason; 07-28-2002 at 06:14 PM.

I've been checking the keeler website...there are a lot of postings from someone calling himself "DaFireman"...I have a sneaking suspicion that it is none other that Baird himself...does anyone else agree?
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

I too have been following the numerous postings on that site. Sad isn't it. I have no problem with people providing support for a friend, as that is what a true friend would do. There is a difference however between providing support and the blind following that is evidenced on that site. Or maybe I should just call it ignorance?

The financial support from other departments is no less than I figured. It is also exactly why I disagreed with the numerous suggestions that Baird do the "tour" and talk to people about what happened. There are unfortunately still far too many out there who would love nothing better than to smack him on the back, shake his hand, buy him a beer and tell him they are behind him 100%, after all, he did nothing wrong and took the fall for everyone else. It was a terrible accident, never should have seen the courthouse, yada yada yada.

Can you believe that guy DaFireman actually has started a petition to change the Town name to Bairdsville from Lairdsville? Talk about a slap in the face. I say we continue to post intelligent information on that site to counter what the illiterate, eerrrrrrrrrrr I mean some of the others have posted there.

Question

Thanks for all the support my brothers and sisters. Chief Reason...I will pass on your offer. And by the way....she is a Margarita person.

Now...to the main subject.... President Gonzo...When I read one of those post my immediately thought that "this guy must be a relative"...never entered my mind that it could be Baird...But...if he as the kahonees to pose for that picture and not admit he did anything wrong, perhaps you may be right. There has to be a way to find out if it is him or just another inbread.
    BMI Investigator

President Gonzo:
    As a BMI investigator, I followed up on your lead and concluded that DaFireman is way smarter than Alan Baird and could not be one and the same.
    But....

Stan:
    I just came off of the billkeeler message board. God, there are some real mental midgets over there. I wonder if Al's wife knows that he is a firefighting god to some of the local women. I think that Al was playing more than just firefighter if you know what I mean.
    It's a rip going into those discussions. I wonder if the webteam can just give us a link to it?
    How about some Cuervo Gold for those margaritas for the mommacita?
    Take care, but go check out my stuff at www.billkeeler.com. It's pure gold.

Chief Reason,Yeah I just came back from there.Now all you coasters slide on over if you want some good light reading.Kinda like building a house,if you lay a good foundation,the rest will come.Hehe T.C.

Forum Member

Make sure you go to some of the older messages, these conversations actually have been going on for quite some time.

Zemic reminds me of someone.......mongo, could that be you?

Default Still here...

Again I want to thank everyone for the great outpouring of support. Thank you all for the private messages, that I messed up and couldn't reply to and thanks for taking care of things in the keeler.com site. I have no update on any of the proceedings but will let everyone know as soon as I do.

The frustration just mounts...

Greg Golden

Forum Member

Greg,

Keep the faith Brother, we got your back. I am truely amazed at the people that blindly support this man, calling him a "hero". He's a legend in his own mind, thats all. Know that my thoughts and prayers will be with your family.

Dave

Greg.... We don't expect you or Christine to reply to all those messages. We know you get them.

We are here for you and your family. If we can be of help, just let us know. As I said in an earlier post....if someone supplies me with an email address, I will gladly write the judge with my outrage..or even a regular mailing address as far as that goes.

God Bless...
    Stan
    BMI Investigator

MembersZone Subscriber

It is no surprise to me that they are raising thousands of dollars, even from FD's. Most of these FD's probably know next to nothing about this case (where has it been publicized except locally or here?)and are probably reacting emotionally to the thought that the courts are persecuting their brother. The real story will maybe never get to the general fire service.

There is no federal crime here. It is not a civil rights case. You have to act purposely for a civil rights case and there was no purpose to injure or kill here. There is also no violation of federal law. There would have to be an attack against something affecting interstate commerce or governmental property, or there would have to be an incendiary or explosive device used, or there would have to be a connection to a criminal enterprise.

And, you're right. Charging him with arson would probably not have changed anything. It may have been perceived as "lumping up" on him. At sentencing, they generally merge all these counts together anyway.

Forum Member

Coincidence that the BillKeeler threads have suddenly become silent?
    Could it be they realize how ridiculous their rhetoric sounds when faced with facts?

Thread Information