Forum Member
    Waynesboro, VA, possibly relocating to Virginia Beach in the near future!

Angry Yet another posting of pure genius from the Juniors and Explorers forum....

Just follow the link here, or go to the forum and click on the "What If" post. I gave my opinion on it, and if any of you see anything wrong with what this guy is saying, I encourage you to give an opinion on it as well.

Also note this fine young citizen's spelling and grammar.
    These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Buy me a drink, sing me a song, take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.

Johnny Greene: 2/3/45-5/2/04
    Forever in our hearts

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

First of WFD, I am not sure exactly where you sit in the world, as far as you rank goes, but no matter.

To answer the basics of your post, here it is:

I am pretty sure that all depts are the same on this thought: when the tone comes out, no matter where you are, 300ft away, or 20 miles, if you are responding in your PMV, then ALL HIGHWAY/CITY POSTED LIMITS APPLY. In a nutshell, that means NO SPEEDING to either the scene, or to the Station. Its that simple.

If you are speeding and get tagged by the police, you only option is to stop for them. To not do that will certainly get you a huge fine, probably a licence suspension and maybe even some jail time, depending on the mood of the Officer at the time and the Judge when the hearing comes about.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

If the thread is already there, don't move it to another forum just so you can trash someone. If the post is bad, reply to that person and move on. Why spread it around more? Maybe it's someone just looking to get a rise out of others?

Forum Member

Why does this surprise me? From what "ff woo" posted..

1 mile from the station, figure the speed limit for the road at 30 miles per hour, it would take 2 minutes to get there on average at a reasonable rate of speed.

At 80-85 miles an hour, it may take him 45 seconds...and risk getting into an accident, and killing himself and other responders going to the firehouse for the call, not to mention the public who happen to be sharing the road at that time. Being a junior firefighter with maybe 2 years of driving experience, what does that make him?

Just another "pup" and statistic!

If I were the police officer, I would make damn sure that he would be written up and charged with speeding, driving to endanger, failure to stop for a police officer.

If I were the Chief of his department, he would be suspended for a year if it was his first offense (he would be endangering his fellow firefighters), suspended for life for a second offense.
    Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 07-10-2002 at 01:19 PM.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Look at the bright side...

If he does what he says he'd do, he'll probably be thrown in lock-up and have his license revoked. He'll get what he deserves, we'll be rid of him, and, as long as nobody gets hurt or killed in the process, we end up just a smidge better off, all things considered.

It's a variation on natural selection, sort of...

Forum Member

I am personally encouraged at the posts by other JUNIOR firefighters who gave Woo the what's what. There are some good up-and-comers out there.

Let the Juniors police their own. This post is counter productive and is just here to belittle others. Woo will learn in time.

Forum Member

Buy a gun, shoot yourself......save us all the trouble.

Thread Information