Thread: Uniform shirts

Temporarily/No Longer Active

Default Uniform shirts

I was just wondering does your dep. issue shirts?
    i was thinking about asking for polo shirts that say

"D&#(!^% Fire" - on top of the maltese cross (happy 34 lol)
    "Explorers" - on the bottom of the cross
    and "Post 3334" on the left sleeve
    and just have them wear a regualr fire shirt underneath and regular pants or jeans?

Does your dep. issue uniforms and what are they like?
    Last edited by dfdex1; 07-20-2002 at 11:54 PM.

Post shirts

Our dept. has just decided to issue dress shirts. Its a vollie dept. so uniforms dont matter since only 1 or 2 members are there during the day and they just wear regular fire dept.tees. Our new dress shirts are the ones that you usually see captains wear at a paid dept. They will have lettering above the right chest pocket that has are dept name and the sleeves will have dept patches. Atleast thats the plan so far. Were not sure if were going to add unit numbers to them are not. We will use them only for when we have "important" meetings, or for like when the local news wants to talk us about something.
    Last edited by PowerstrokerV8; 07-10-2002 at 11:37 PM.

Forum Member

We have class b dress uniforms which are the same as other firefighters. We only wear them for parades and stuff like that. Any ther time we wear fire dept. tee shirts, that are all the same.
    "I truly believe that tradition is important to the long-term survival of the fire service."-Lt. Andrew Fredricks, FDNY,9-11-01

When were at the firehouse we were thte company t-shirt and during parades and other events we were class b uniforms.
    Jeff Gurski

With ur dept we are issued unitforms. We have Class A which is for state Convention and funerals and chiefs dinners. Class B which is for parades, duty Crew, and Class C which is a Firehouse T-Shirt with navy Blue Pants
    Rob aka Squinty

The Fighting Seventy-Third

Westville Fire Department
    Gloucester County
    New Jersey

makes good girls go bad

In MFD we have blue polo shirts with the insignia on the left chest and Explorer on the right. i have EMS pants and combat boots with quick zippers on them so i can bunker out quick. I bought a MFD hat can ne body else get issued, or buy thei gear
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

WOW Bls you dug this one out of the archives. LOL
    Since last summer we decided to change what we were going to do. Our shirts are going to be navy 2 button polo, with the MC with axes on it and it have the town on top and fire explorer on the bottom and our post on the left sleeve.

Permanently Removed

We just orederd blue polos with the maltese on the left breast, with "JUNIORS" under it

Forum Member

We have red golf shirts with embroidered maltese cross with Winston Salem Fire Department Explorers post around it and Post 985 in side it. They are very comfortable.
    No longer an explorer, but I didn't wanna lose my posts.

IACOJ 2003

Forum Member

Well here, Cadet class A uniforms are light blue, which we wear for funerals, and parades, which include a light blue dress shirt, dark blue dress pants, tie,belt and dress shoes. Our Class B uniforms are dress pants and a polo shirt which we wear when on squad duty, or you can wear a Dept. Tee shirt.

Our Dress shirts for cadets are light blue with our Department patch on our left shoulder.

Our polo shirts have our Department patch (embroidery) on the left part of the chest, and has WTES on both sleeve bottoms.

Our Tee Shirts have our Department patch (silk screen) and on the back says Williamsburg township Emergency Services. Our old shirts had a Malteese cross on the left part of the chest with Williamsburg Township Fire Ems. and on the back said Williamsburg township Fire and Rescue.
    The reason for the different names on the Tee shirt was due to the fact that we are now a joined department.
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

Our department is very serious about its program. Once you've passed serious fire fighting tests, you are issued 3 basic uniforms. The class A is a dress uniform, a black suit with the patch on the arm and so forth, the white dress ****rt underneath and your badge, along with the dress hat. Class B is our duty uniform, a blue shirt and badge, and blue pants. Class A is just a station t-shirt with the uniform pants.

I just got back from the place that is doing ours. I speced the shirts out with them and got a picture of what they will look like.

There going to be 2 button navy polo shirts with the MC with the scramble inside and crossed axes. In between the axes at the top of the MC we got DANVERS arched and EXPLORER below the MC. And the 3334 on the left sleve by the cuff.

the jr's get class B uniforms which are dress pants, navy blue shirt with patch and name tag thingy, belt and we get our own shoes. the senior members get class A uniforms which consist of dress pants white shirt, jacket, with patch and badege, and the hat. the jr's get class A's but they say they are on order they arrive in 2 years!

Exclamation wow you guys are spoiled... lol

At my company, our uniform is white dress shirt with our company badge and other pins, black tie, black pants, and black shoes. We only wear this to parades or other company functions such as demonstrations on Fire Safety. We can wear whatever we want to down to the station for work detail or calls. We have to buy our uniform until our probation is up- mine is up in august-yay- and after that they issue us our badges and uniform if we haven't already bought one on our own-to go to parades, you must have the uniform-lucky for me, my dad is in the same company so I got one of his extra parade shirts and a badge from someone who recently quit.
    9-38 Level Green

Don't look at me like I can't do something just because I'm a woman!

The Definition of Success- Doing what you love and getting paid for it. Are you succesful?

-Tiffani

Our dept. has issued 2 uniforms for us. We have our Class A and Class C. Our Class A is a Light Blue Bress shirt and NAvy Blue Dress pants. The shirt has our explorer patch on one sleeve and the boy scout explorer patch on the other.We wear that with black shoes and our badges. Our Class C is our explorer T shirts which have our explorer patch screen on it. and then "Cottage Grove Fire Dept. Explorer" on the Back.
    Carrie Hagen
    CGFD Explorer
    HealthEast Paramedic Explorer
    medicgirl532@yahoo.com
    fireboop3125@firehousemail.com
    carebear3125@hotmail.com

**FireFighting not recommeded for mere mortals **

Bump 'N Grind
    Firefighting
    Get your hose out,
    Put your rubbers on,
    And get 'em real wet!

Firefighters
    The Few...
    The Proud...
    The Insanely Brave...

Line Officers: White Shirt with flag on the right sleve and a company patch on the left. Badge over the Left pocket Name Plate over the right Black pants. black Shoes and rank on collar

Firefighters: Light Blue Shirt With flag on the right sleve and a company patch on the left. Badge over the Left pocket Name Plate over the right Black pants for Firefighters Kacki For Jrs. Black shoes adn rank on collar.

then we just have polo shirts for other occasions
    When you walk through the fire you will not be burned, the flames will not set you ablaze PRAY FOR THE FALLEN

To All the Jr's Good luk n be safe

The previous comments are myn and have nothing to do with the department I represent
    LMTVFC

We dont have Uniform shirts, but we do get polo shirts, jackets, windbreakers, regular tshirts that pretty much compensate for the lack of regulation uniforms.
    IACOJ

We have your standard Class A and Class B. For the Class C uniform, we have 2 different shirts; one is your standard t-shirt that says "Waynesboro Fire" on the back, it comes in blue and gray. The second is a golf shirt that has a maltese cross on the left chest, with Waynesboro above it and Co. 1 under it, which also comes in blue and gray. We are gradually switching over to the golf shirts for the C uniform, but for now you can still wear the T-shirts.
    Same old WFDjr1, different name... Pretty much explains itself; The DCFD is where I wanna be!

These are my opinions, not anyone else's.

LEATHER FOREVER!

we have Class A,B,C,D,and E
    Thats a lot but it almost the same to some of them
    Class A- Unitform(parades, Funerals ETC)
    Class B- Duty Crew unitform and certine events with the dept
    Class C- Class B pants with Job Shirt(winter)
    Class D- Class B Pants with Short Sleeve Dept Shirt(Summer)
    Class E- Nice pants and dept shirt
    Rob aka Squinty

The Fighting Seventy-Third

Westville Fire Department
    Gloucester County
    New Jersey

In my department the juniors all have identical navy blue tee shirts with the dept. name on back & the Maltese Cross on front left chest. For official or formal occassions, we have opted for them purchasing their own navy blu button up work shirt (e.g. Dickies) then we have the dept. patch put on the left sleeve and the 9-11 "We will never forget" patch on the right sleve. They have a simple black pin-on nametag with white lettering and no badges as of now. With a nice pair of jeans or Dockers, they look pretty good as representatives of our dept.
    Tom Wardell, Chief
    Lone Pine VFD
    Anderson Co., TX

"What if volunteer firefighters didn't volunteer?"

Thread Information