Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Question Any state do anything like CT did?

Just curious...

CT had a grant that gave X amount of money towards a TIC for every FD in the state, plus other fire related agencies.

They negotiated with the dealers to lower the prices and agree to letting FD's buy more than one TIC at the lower price.

If an FD (like ours) adds features and goes over the X price, then it is up to the FD to come up with the additional funds.

Has any other state done anything like this?
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

New Jersey did about 2 years ago.
    I won't be wronged,I won't be insulted,
    and I won't be laid a hand on.
    I don't do these things to other people
    and I require the same from them.

Forum Member

Massachusetts floated a bond and bought a camera for every dept, and then also set aside "x" amount of $$$$ based on dept size for safety equipment.

Dave

Hate to say it, but at least the W6 didn't die in vain. If it wasn't for their tragic deaths, there would not have been this big wake-up call regarding TIC's (at least in the North East). This grant was as a result of the horric event. Also I know many towns, including mine, shelled out money for their FD's to buy TICs shortly after that night.
    IACOJ Agitator

Forum Member

Adze,

The whole bond thing was directly a result of the Cold Storage Warehouse fire. Not being negative, but once again it takes a huge tradgedy to make people wake up and smeel the coffee. Even notice no one offers us anything when nothing happens. KInda like guilt money.

Maine has a foundation helping put cameras in Me. Depts on a matching funds kinda deal.I'm involved in the "after sale" training thats a required part of the deal.It's a good program and a good training.T.C.

Most TIC manufacturers either can sell used demo cameras, or help with the fundraising for the rest of the funds needed for the fire department. It's not unusual that fire depts. aren't granted enough money. My advice to you would be, don't settle on the cheapest camera just because it's the only one the grant will pay full price for. You pay for what you get.

TIC_Girl
    <0><0>
    <0><0>

Unhappy I wish!!!!!

Indiana has no such program that I know of. We went to our township board and their response was, "We only have one question: Why did you wait so long to ask for one??" We were floored!! The township bought the camera, and the town bought a receiver for it so command can see what is displayed on the camera from the exterior of the structure. We purchased a TV and installed it on our squad.

I feel that there is NO EXCUSE for the government,(state or local)not to purchase TIC's. It has revolutionized our search and rescue ops from the way it was done since the 1800's to the modern day!!!
    I.A.C.O.J. Charter Member
    "Chet, get an inch and a half on that!"

"Not for fame or reward,Not for place or rank. Not lured by ambition or goaded by necessity. But in simple obedience to duty as they understood it. These men suffered,sacrificed,dared all, and died. Let us never forget our fallen friends."

Default Re: I wish!!!!!

Originally posted by 1835wayne
    and the town bought a receiver for it so command can see what is displayed on the camera from the exterior of the structure. We purchased a TV and installed it on our squad.
    The camera we bought back in 2000 and the camera we recently received with the aid of the State both have that. The TVs we use have the built-in VCR so we can record the transmissions. Great tool for training! Not as good as actually using the camera, but it is still a great visual aid.
    IACOJ Agitator

Thread Information