Two firefighters injured fighting Charleston blaze

(Charleston-AP) -- Two firefighters are recovering from apparent
carbon monoxide poisoning after battling a Charleston fire
yesterday.
Captain Adrian Gillipsie and probationary firefighter Brandon
Jones were taken to St. Francis Hospital. Jones was released after
an examination, and Gillispie was kept overnight for observation.
The two, along with other Charleston firefighters, arrived at
the scene of the McClung Street blaze about 9:30 last night.
The fire started when the resident of the home, Leonard Sayles,
left food cooking on the stove unattended. Sayles was not injured.
Assistant fire Chief Ray Griffith says the fire was under
control about 30 minutes after firefighters arrived.


(Copyright 2002 by The Associated Press