Default Grant Application interface changes

Hmmm,

I logged into the Grant application interface today, and found that there are several new additions to the interface. There is a section to view the Direct Deposit form, and other sections (not yet implemented) to view the awards, and another for administering the grant. I wonder what/why these items are there now...

Andrew

Forum Member

Question

I logged in to our application and found the same thing. We haven't heard anything from FEMA yet. What I found interesting was the fact that it allowed me to edit some information that had changed since I submitted the application. Well I printed a copy of the 1199A just for luck any way! I'm just wondering if I should go ahead and have the bank fill in the information and send it to FEMA or wait some more?
    Stay Safe Out There!

"Just remember. No matter where you go. There you are!"

car120
    Firehouse.com Guest

I checked our application too, ours also has the 1199A link. I'm willing to bet that's been added to all of 'em. I'm not so sure I'd send the completed form in, or even have the bank fill in their info until you get some instruction to do so.

Of course I'm hoping I'm dead wrong. Any glimmer of hope, right guys?

However I didn't see anything (links) to view the awards or administering the grant sections though. Andrew (Almarante51) where are (should be?) those listed on the application page???

car120
    Firehouse.com Guest

Ooops, never mind. I've now seen them up top on the 1199A page. I was a little hesitant to click on that from the application status, but I did anyway.

I hope we get told to print it out and send it in. Keeping our fingers, toes, legs, eyes and anything else that can be - crossed.

Stay safe out there!!!

Exclamation

OK..... The email that some of recieved last week had the address to return the 1199A, I check the application page for the new interfaces, and yes, the view 1199A link is there, but with a more specific reply address... including an actual persons name. I'm resending mine tomorrow to that individual. (Sylvia A. Carroll)
    Andrew... my links did not include awards or administration.....sounds interesting.

car120
    Firehouse.com Guest

ffpm43 - after clicking the view 1199A form from the application status page, look toward the top of the page. There's blocks with white letters "awards" "grant administration" "close."

I'm sure its being set up for departments that win, so they can take care of the paperwork after getting the $$$$.

Is there anyone out there that does NOT have the 1199A link in the 'actions' box of their application status page (the page that comes up after logging in with your user name and password)??? It appears right under "view application"

car120
    Firehouse.com Guest

oops! the letters are grey, right under the FEMA seal and e-grants.fema.gov (that's in white letters) on the top left of the Direct Deposit 1199A page.
    "Application" "Awards" "Grant Management" & "Closeout"

Administrator

Folks here are some general things you should all be thinking about, based on what we know now:

a) Please be patient. This process will take months. It may be a few weeks before those who 'defenitely' won't be getting an award are notified, and months before everyone who is knows for sure.

b) Regardless of what links are in the application online, you should wait for official instructions from a FEMA representative and follow THOSE directions given by that person. Doing otherwise, may cause delays and further prolong the process for both you and others.

c) Try not to read too much into anything. Until your political represnetative, a FEMA representative, or an official announcement comes from FEMA, don't presume your Department will receieve a grant. No one wants to be dissapointed, but only about 5,500 of the 19,000 departments that applied will actually receive a grant. 1 in 4 odds aern't bad, but please be patient for a long process.

d) We are trying to keep everyone informed and getting as much information from FEMA as we can in advance of and during the awards process, based on the many e-mails we get every day from users asking questions or requesting we look into certain aspects. But please don't e-mail specific requests about your department as we would not have that information until the same time as the official announcement. We are in near daily contact with FEMA representatives to get as much information as possible and will continue to pass it along as quickly and accurately as possible.

Again, please try to be patient. It will be a long process and if it works this year, you can expect it will only get easier and more streamlined as FEMA moves forward with the program.

Thanks
    WebTeam

Forum Member

I recieved an e-mail from USFA Grants/FEMA about my inquiry about the SF1199A on our Depts. application site. The response stated that if we had recieved an e-mail from them requesting that information to fill it out and send it to them as soon as was convient for us.
    Well, since we haven't recieved any e-mail as of late, it's just going to sit here until we hear something one way or the other.
    Stay Safe!!

Forum Member

Angry Application screen

I checked yesterday and I could look at the 1199 form, but today it is no longer an option. Has this happened to anyone else or is this a bad sign????:mad: :mad:

Unhappy

Guys,
    I have also lost this link. I think what happened was...
    FEMA started receiving alot of traffic, phone calls, emails, etc...
    about either the form, or the error that many people were getting.
    So, in turn, I think they may have disabled that link. This is just my thinking, but it could be true. I really would not read to much into anything at this point. I could not even view the form, there was some sort of Java Script error that was being generated. I heard nothing from FEMA so I did not worry to much about it. I am sure the conspiracy is flying though. As human nature calls it, we are all very anxious and looking for any indications we can. Hang tight folks, it couls be a long wait for some of us. Good luck to all!!

Pete

Forum Member

Question

This is really odd. After reading the previous 2 posts, I went to our application and the link and form is still there. Although now there is instructions highlighted in red on which button to push to print the form. We still haven't heard anything from FEMA yet. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but if they were removing the link to the form why not remove it from all applications? Just curious.
    Stay Safe!!!!!!

Forum Member

Unhappy Bad omen??

I checked again, but no longer have the link. Anyone else had this happen. Has anyone spoke to FEMA about this?

Unhappy

We have not been able to see the link for two days now.
    I am not sure what to think anymore. Like I said earlier,
    there could have been a dozen reasons they pulled that link.
    Maybe the people who still have access are going to be contacted soon or something. I don't know. I actually felt that we had a chance when I saw that link appear there. Honestly though, we did ask for a lot of money for a vehicle and I don't think we will get it. Nice justification and all truth, but I am sure a pro grant writer could out do this young hillbilly. We don't have the money to pay a pro, or lobby to our congressman, so we did it ourselves, as I am sure many of us did. Heck, it took us almost 40 years to acquire the funds to get the engine we have now.
    To those who did their own grant writing, you all get an A for effort in my opinion. There is a certain amount of pride that goes along with that too. I know I spent a good 4 months doing research and stuff like that, but in the end will it matter? I don't know.

Good luck to us all.
    Hang in there.

Default Hmmm...

I would have to guess that they had a problem with their web pages. Probably the links we all saw were meant only to be viewed internally by the grant processing personel, but a minor glitch caused all of us to be able to view them. Who knows. It was a breif moment of hope to get our grant. Now I am waiting like everyone else again, hoping not to get that dreaded correspondence "Dear sir, We regret...."

But for now it is a patience tester.

L8r

I just ran across this thread. Received an email from FEMA last week directing us to mail in an updated copy of form 1199A. Did so and it arrived yesterday. Just checked the link and it is still there.

Also, does anyone know the status of House Bill HR 4775 which could possibly fund an additional $300 mil. THIS YEAR to the FIRE Act grant program?

Good luck all..............

congratulations!! What did you get, if I may ask.

My fault - I should have written this a little better. I was referring to the Form 1199A arriving at FEMA Hq yesterday(tracked via USPS site). We are still waiting also.

Forum Member

I got the questionaire e-mail from FEMA today and the SF1199A is still there on our application site. I'm hoping this is a good sign!
    Stay Safe!!!!!!

Keep us in the loop John.
    Good luck to ya!
    Pete

We got 1199 email requests on both grants we filled out last week.

MembersZone Subscriber

DuBois, IL - just south of I-64 in the middle of the state

Erniefire,
    What do you mean "both" grants? I thought we were only allowed one?

Forum Member

Question

I sent an e-mail to FEMA on why myself and several other departments used to be able to see the 1199 form, but can't anymore and why some still can see it. No response yet, but I will keep everyone informed. If anyone else knows why or has encountered the same change, let me know.

Thanks

Forum Member

Attached is the response I recieved from FEMA when I asked them about the 1199A. It was simple and at the time I recieved this, I hadn't recieved the question e-mail. I still haven't recieved any notification to print the form yet. It is still on our app. site.
    Stay Safe!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

What I mean by "both" is we have a town and a rural district that is two fire depeartments, we were notified on both to the tune of 306,000 for apparatus.

Thread Information