Question E-Mails and Direct Deposits

A few days ago I recieved a e-mail from FEMA asking a few questions about our application, I filled it out and then recieved another e-mail from them wanting me to fill out a direct deposit form and send it back to them electronicly plus print it out and take to the bank to be filled out and such then mail it back to them.
    Does this mean that we got the money?? or is it the Federal Gov. paperwork trail to keep you wondering???
    SOMEBODY LET ME KNOW SOMETING, I got a little exited about the whole deal then the first awards came out and we're not on it.

car120
    Firehouse.com Guest

I think it sounds pretty good for your Samo, but try to be patient. They've only awarded 72 grants out of 5,500 or so. Once they get rolling, they're supposed to announce around 500 winners every two weeks so long as they keep on track. Remember, this process is going to go on to December.

There's a lot of us out here that haven't heard a thing yet, and are hoping not to get a "dear john" letter again this year. Good luck! Let us know how it turns out in the end to keep the rest of us up on the process!

Thumbs up

we also received an email asking to fill out the direct depoist form and print it out so that the bank can fill it in. we received it on july 9 and it was put in the mail july 12 so im hopeing to here something soon. the only problem i had was to send it electronically there was no button to submit it except the "save and continue". i called fema about it and they told me that there was no other way to send it with exception of mail. any way good luck and let us know if yall here anything else.

I can only hope that the request to re-confirm the direct deposit status is a good sign, we recieved the same last Wednesday, and had no difficulty in emailing it back to FEMA. Our bank even FedEx'd the from back for us. Good luck and keep us posted!

Talking direct deposit a good sign

just received a call from fema around 9:30pm our time july 15. we were awarded our grant for a tanker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so looks like those direct deposit request may be for real we received our request of july 9 and sent it in on july 12. good luck to everyone else. time to go celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Klodikefire! We havent heard anything yet so we will keep our fingers crossed. Did you send your 1199A to a specificaly named individual? Or to the grant management branch? Let us know.

Good job klondike!! Glad to hear it.
    Willing to share any grant writings with the group?

Pete

did not send to any certain person and as for as grant writing tips i just told them the facts and showed the need. after i wrote my narrative i had a grant writer proof read it and he made some changes to the format.

just got off the phone with fema and she was telling me there is alot of dept. that have been approved but just waiting on paper work to go through before they make notifacations. she also told me she wasn't sure if they have received my 1199 form but as soon as that happened i will be getting an email confirming the award.they will not send anything by mail this year if u have an email address. she said it could take about 2 weeks to here something. by the way she is only taking care of the southeast region.

Forum Member

Congratulations Klodike!
    Did you recieve the questionaire? I just recieved the questionaire e-mail from FEMA this afternoon. I hope that it is a good sign. Did anyone who recieved the questionaire recieve a grant yet?
    Stay Safe!!!

"Just remember. No matter where you go. There you are!"

Default king

did not receive any questionare by phone or by mail.

Default Emails and Direct Deposits

Waiting Waiting Waiting, Still no word from FEMA, I'm going nucking futs. Just wish I would get the message one way or the other, Congtarts to those who have gotten their money, good luck to the rest of us

SAMO

Default Direct Deposit Form

We, too, received the Direct Deposit e-mail on July 9, but have not heard anything as of yet. We did not get the questionnaire sent to us which seems to be the same deal as Klondike mentioned earlier. I hope we have the same outcome as his department (Congats!!!!). I did speak with a rep from our Congressman's office in DC. He indicated that receiving the direct deposit form was a very good sign, but that this was a government program that can change like the wind... in other words, it's not a guarantee that we will get any money.

Good luck to all. I was less nervous waiting for my children to be born!

Cheers,
    John

Forum Member

Talking

I hear ya brother! I'm just glad my wifes labor didn't take this long
    Stay Safe and good luck to all!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Unhappy Oh boy, I hope I didn't accidently delete a FEMA e-mail...

I get so much Fire-L and junk e-mail everyday, I may have accidently deleted a FEMA e-mail.

For those who have gotten these e-mails: Who is listed as the sender? Is it just listed as "FEMA" or something else? What time of day did it arrive?

Hopefully they would resend it if they didn't get an answer

(And hopefully I'm not just being overly optomistic that I might have gotten one)
    Last edited by WTFD10; 07-19-2002 at 02:53 AM.
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

MembersZone Subscriber

Wink got e-mail

got call on 7-05-02 told me i would get e-mail did and sent it back have not got or herd anything yet but still waiting for anything but the lady i talked to said yhat it would be frist of aug before it would be published so who knows

good luck to all and god bless

Unhappy

Got the Direct Deposit email 7/16/02. Can't access the link that is supposed to be there. Have been working with FEMA since Tuesday to try and resolve problem. FEMA states they are having trouble with a few people getting access to that area. They are not sure what is causing the problem as of yet but they are working on it. We are included in that small group of people, how nice huh? Anyway, they don't know if it is a firewall problem or what. Will provide an update when available. Hang in there!!

Pete

Angry I knew it.

bad news guys. FEMA called me today and notified me that I received the direct deposit email in error. There was a period of two days these mistakes were made. She did not indicate that I was out of the running, however, she also did not say I stood any chance, so....
    Right back to square 1.

Darn.

Pete.

MembersZone Subscriber

Sorry to hear that Pete. Talk about getting someones hopes up. Look on the bright side though, they didn't say you weren't getting a grant. Plus FEMA has just started giving out the money so there's a lot left. Good luck.
    Jeff Drais
    Saint Stephen Fire & Rescue
    Saint Stephen MN

Forum Member

Sorry to hear that Pete I couldn't get my questionaire e-mail to go thru via "reply" so I had to send my answers back by a different e-mail. I didn't know if they recieved it so I went to the mail center on our app site and it wouldn't let me e-mail them, So I sent another e-mail to the address of the individual who sent me the queations asking if she had recieved it. Got her reply today that she recieved it on the 16th. so that was comforting to know.
    It still sounds like they have got a lot of bugs to figure out.
    Here we call it a cluster #*!" if you know what I mean!
    Stay Safe and good luck!

Angry

hey what can you do. I thought it was funny to get this with out getting the questions email. So, I did not get my hopes to far up.
    Although it felt pretty cool there for a minute. Sorry to let you guys down too. Now when we get to 5 months down the road and there is nothing there, well then I don't know what I will do. Chew my nails and smoke 2 packs a day I guess.

Keep in touch guys.

Pete

hey pete... i was feeling good about our prospects until i read your post. i got our 1199a email notification on july 9 also, and no questionare prior to that. BUT i havent gotten any phone calls or emails indicating that we received the email request for an 1199a by mistatke either...

Flash,
    yeah, it blows, but you may be in good shape. She told me that it was a small number of people this happened to. If you want you can call them and verify your situation. She was more than happy to answer my questions. I did not tell my crew about the phone call I got. I hate to see the guys moral go the heck because of their mistake. Who knows it can still work.
    Gee, do you think they will pitty me now and give me something anyway?

Doubt it.

Pete

Question

Does anyone have a better number than these two for the Direct Deposit form SNAFU. Rx the request for SF1199A on 9 Jul. and have been dead in the water since. Called the number on the SF1199A request(1-866-274-0960) and was told to call (1-202-646-3574)- the voice mail is full on the 202 number. I am pretty sure we were part of a screw up but just want to confirm. Was patient waiting through the 2nd round (congrats guys and gals)- but need to know what direction we need to take for a new tanker.

Thanks,
    John

Default email i got

Linden,
    here is the sending email address from the girl that first took my information. NEMISOPS [NEMISOPS@fema.gov]

Be advised, I still talked to a real person before I got this email.
    I am not sure if you can even respond to this email address.

I too used the number you had listed and was fortunate enough to get a real life human being.

Also, I have found that if you use the mail tool on your application status screen you will get a reply. That is up and down with the tide too though. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

Good luck...

Pete

Thumbs up

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE PUT THE LADDER BACK UP AND FIND MY CLOTHES BEEN STUCK ON THE ROOF OF OUR STATION (naked) SINCE THURS. AFTER GETTING THE PHONE CALL FROM OUR CONGRESSMAN TELLING ME THAT WE GOT OUR GRANT !
    In reality I've been getting ahold of companies about pricng for the truck, we have $92,000 to spend for a brush truck (ought to be preety sweet truck for that much cash). Well for everyone who hasn't heard anything yet dont get discouraged seems like FEMA is going a little slow, still hope for you this could go on untill Dec.
    Well gotta go take care and for gods sake everyone be carefull out there !

Thread Information