Default Advance Extracation Training Needed

Hello all,

I am sure this has been posted many times on here, but here we go again. I searched this entire thread looking for instructors or training classes willing to come to a department and provide training. I was unable to locate any. We are a department that runs on average 1000 calls a year fire/EMS. We run roughly 5-10 pin-in's in a year. I feel the department overall has a good working knowledge of extracation, but could use a few more advance techinques.We train twice a week, morning and evening both days. We train once a month on extracation. I would like to invite any instructor falling in this catogory to please contact me at Eng306@aol.com. We are able to supply you with room&board and any fees you require. We would like to hold the class on a weekend in September 2002. We have access to as many cars/trucks you would like and can have them set anyway you would like. Thank you to all.

Matt Despos
    St. Joe Township Fire Department

iceman4442
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Hey Engineman:

I'll forward your message to our three personnel who are extracation instructors and see if they're interested in a little travel!

Good luck!

Forum Member

Ok, where is St. Joe Township at? We are having Larry Anderson from Hurst in at our County Fire School September 28-29 to do an advanced extrication class. If you are not too far from Wayne County, Ohio maybe he could be scheduled with you the weekend before or after. Have you contacted the manufacturer of your department's hydraulic rescue tools? I think almost all companies that make these have experts available to teach advanced techniques with their tools. Of course, your best option is to contact the moderator of this forum. Mr. Moore is probably the most recognized person around in regards to extrication training. If he cannot help you, I am sure he has many contacts with people who can.
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Hello,

First I would like to thank everyone for replying to my post. Thank you for all your input. St. Joe Township is located in Allen County Indiana. We are a suburban department of the City of Fort Wayne, which is located in northeast Indiana. We cover roughly 20,000 people, for now. Fort Wayne has been annexing our township for the last 10 years. They still have 2 annexations to go leaving us with about 3,000-5,000 people when it's all said and done.

We have a full time chief, 1 full time FF/EMT, 7 part-time FF/EMT's, 40 volunteer members, and 4 live-in members(4 people that live in apartments on the back of the station for free in exchange for ambulance and fire coverage midnight to 6am Sunday-Friday night). The paid staff works Monday-Friday 6am-6pm, consisting of the chief, 1 full timer and a part timer every day. We run 2 bls ambulances, 2 engines, 1 tower ladder, 1 heavy rescue squad, 1 tanker, grass rig and a boat. Goto our web page to check out our rigs www.SJTFD.com. Well I hope that helps.

Matt

IACOJ Agitator

I know the CT Fire Academy sends its instructors to other states to teach classes. You can try to contact them and see how much it would cost for them to send someone out to see you. Their website is http://www.ct.gov/cfpc
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Forum Member

Engineman,You into traveling?Billy is putting on a Big Rig Rescue class in Concord N.H. Sept 6-7-8 02.Think about sending a couple of your people to check it out.I can safely say I believe you'll find it certainly qualifies as ADVANCED.For further see BRR in this forum.T.C.

The best place to learn advanced extrication is to watch an extrication competition. The mock accidents simulate very difficult scenarios. In one day you could learn enough to teach ten classes. Check out the T.E.R.C. web site www.terc.org for times and places. You probably missed all local competitions for this season, but next year it could be a good learning experience.

Forum Member

Jim,See sbove.Not a competition but a lot of scenerios with heavy iron involved.Should provide a challenge for even an advanced extricator.With a five star instructor no less!T.C.

Thread Information