Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Cool Large Diameter Hose

Does any one have a good way of repairing 4 inch hose.

Once the coupling is attached the inner skin bounds up. Its ok with the rubber single jacket, but how do you make the inner jacket stay in place if its a double jacket.

Also do you use a tourque wrench for the studs.

Thanks for replying and helping me out.

Play safe.

I am not sure what type of hose you have but I know that a lot of 4" storz couplings have a sleeve the slides down in and the collar goes over the outer jacket an then the swivel. When we used to repair hose like that we did use a torque wrench on the studs. Not sure it is required but we did it.

Try contacting a company around you that sells and repairs hose. Tell them you are intersted in hose and would like to tour their facility. In the tour ask about hose repair and recoupling. Perhaps they may show you.....

I also believe there are machines available if you repair a lot of hose. Perhaps if there are other jurisdictions around you with the same problem you may all go in together and buy one for use by all. One department simply becomes the repair house.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Thread Information