Unhappy Mack Cf fire trucks

I feel that Mack made a big mistake when they stoped buildind them. If there is any body that feels the same way PLEASE let me know. Also if you know of any good web sites for this let me know

Forum Member

Cool your right

our department runs a 77 mack cf

it is still the best looking in the house

Forum Member

We have 2 former FDNY CF's, a tower and a rescue.

Visit our web site to view them.

The only problem I have with them is the close quarters in the jump seats. It's really hard to get your pack on in the tight squeeze. but they drive great and it's easy to recognize a Maxidyne engine by the blue smoke.
    Steve Dragon
    FFII, Fire Instructor II, Fire Officer I, Fire Appartus Driver Operator Certified
    Volunteers are never "off duty".
    http://www.bufd7.org

Forum Member

You might want to check the Apparatus Dictionary on the Youngstown Fire Bulletin Board for photos of CF Macks.

Forum Member

Arrow oops!

the YFD site went down Saturday and hasn't been revived at this point! It should be up and running soon.

Forum Member

Default It's Revived!

The youngstownfire.com message board have once again been revived. We're still looking for contributors so if you have an odd fire engine that's not your everyday truck, drop a post and a pic about it! See you there!
    Greg Ricker
    Youngstown, Ohio, USA
    Webmaster, youngstownfire.com
    youngstownfire.com forums @ www.yngfire.com

Mack did make a mistake ending the Cf chassis. We run a '75 CF engine and it still gets the job done. My town has two other companies with CF Macks. One comany has a '74 engine and the other has a '75 engine and an '82 Aerialscope ( Former FDNY). The only problem with the mid 70's Macks is RUST. Each engine has been refurbed at least once. The rust just keeps coming back. But the powertrains and the Waterous pumps are extremely reliable. If Mack would make an updated version of the CF, they'd sell like crazy.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

I absolutely aggree, we had a 1973 Mack CF and it was my favorate apparatus to opperate. The City opted to farm it out and now we have an E-one that is a Piece of S*&t. But oh well, I am still saddened that our Mack is gone.
    Front line since 1983 and still going strong

Forum Member

Exclamation Mack CF's

If you visit the Apparatus dictionary of the YFD site, there is a topic with many photos of CF Mack apparatus. There is also anoth topic showing Mack Aerialscopes!

Youngstown Fire Message Board

Forum Member

The only problem with the mid 70's Macks is RUST. But the powertrains and the Waterous pumps are extremely reliable.
    Amen to that! We ran a '66 and a '77 until '91 and '95, when they were replaced by E-Ones. Both of them ran like tanks, never gave a problem and always moved lots of water. Unfortunately, the bodies were so rusted you could see through them. Miss those trucks.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

IACOJ Agitator

We just got rid of our last Mack CF over in Blue Hills. That truck was great. Even though it was a spare towards the end of its career, it was definately still a work horse. It is now up in New Braintree, MA as a spare.

Vernon, CT, had a Mack CF tower from FDNY. That truck is getting replaced by a new E-One. They did their final inspection but I am not sure if it has been delivered yet.
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Forum Member

We still run a 72 Mack CF(actually the 1,000 diesel powered Mack fire truck ever built) We have I believe a 75, and the engine I am on is a 77 Mack CF 600. I love that truck. Most of the time it is the first truck out the door. We also have a mid 80's FMC ladder, and a mid 90's Peterbilt, which also runs alot of our calls.
    Proud to be IACOJ Illinois Chapter--Deemed "Crustworthy" Jan, 2003

Thread Information