Post North Sabine Fire Dist. - Louisiana

The North Sabine Fire Protection District is an above average size Fire District that operates within the Parish of Sabine and the State of Louisiana. The Fire District serves 6 out of 10 wards in Sabine Parish - wards 5,6,7,8,9 & 10 in the northern two-thirds of the Parish with approximately 10,000 residents and a response area of just over 425 square miles. There are presently 14 stations in 12 communities within the District; Aimwell 1, Aimwell 2, Bayou Scie, Belmont, Blue Lake, Converse, Crossroads, Ebarb, Hotwells, Noble 1, Noble 2, Pleasant Hill, Union Springs, and Zwolle Central Station, with a combined total of 32 units: 1 Chief, 1 Rescue/Service Truck, 1 Grass Rig, 14 Class "A" pumpers (oldest 1962 - newest 1993)pump sizes vary from 750 thru 1750 gpm, all pumpers have a minimum of 1000 gallons of water and 20 gallons of foam (except the two reserve pumper have 500 gallons of water), 15 tankers with 500 gpm pumps that vary from 1500 thru 3000 gallons and a 5500 gallon Tractor /Trailer. 4 tankers have "Service Company" equipment with 1 having "Hurst Rescue Tools". 3 units carry "GPS" Global Positioning Systems for landing "Life Air Rescue Helicopter" (helo. is not part of the district) and performing water rescue on Toledo Bend Lake between Texas and Louisiana.

In 1985 the only two fire departments in the northern part of Parish were combined (Pleasant Hill VFD and Zwolle VFD) and since that time 10 more community stations have been established. Prior to 1985 only 4 units covered this same 425 sq. miles for a first end district and would respond some 15 miles past the district to calls in other Parishes. Currently we have 60 active vol. FF and around 40 active support members with nearly 55 inactive vol. FF. We are 911 dispatched through our S.O. and provide first responder BLS ems to assist a local-private ambulance service in addition to providing fire suppression. Presently we have an ISO/PIAL rating of 7 district wide - obtained in 1998 and will be rerated next summer (2003) looking to go down to a 5 rating. We shuttle 1000 gpm at our annual shuttle operations, with 47,000 gallons on wheels we can sustain the flow for quite a while before using our draft - fill sites.

Well that is about as much of a Department profile as I can think of right now. Any other department especially from Louisiana feel free to contact me.

Chief Spann
    Last edited by NorthSabine100; 07-16-2002 at 03:28 PM.

Will you be attending the Louisiana State Firemen's Association annual convention this year?
    http://thetravelingfirefighter.com

Never, never, never give up - Winston Churchill

If I am able I plan to attend or someone from our Dept. will be there. Can you tell me about your dept.?

St. George Fire Protection District is located in the southern portions of East Baton Rouge Paris. We have a population base of over 80,000 in our district. SGFPD began as a volunteer department in 1966. We began to hire firefighters on a p/t basis in the 70's. We currently have six stations that house our 100+ firefighters. By 2005 two new stations will be complete. St. George has achieved a Class 2 rating and is considered to be one of the most progressive departments in the state.

I am employed full time with St. George and I work contract for Zacahary Fire Department,a smaller municipality in the Northern end of the parish.

I enjoy working for St. George as it is a very professional organization. I was previously employed with Baton Rouge Fire Department.

http://thetravelingfirefighter.com

Never, never, never give up - Winston Churchill

Thread Information