iceman4442
    Firehouse.com Guest

Angry Terrorist vs. judge!

Here's a great sign - Zacarias Moussaoui, the "20th" terrorist connected with the 9/11 attacks, tried to plead guilty today, AND THE JUDGE WOULDN'T LET HIM!

He admitted being a member of Al-Quaida, declared his loyalty to Osama Bin Laden, and claimed to have direct knowledge about the 9/11 attacks. He tried to plead guilty earlier today, and the judge told him to think about it for a week, then come back. He reportedly claimed that he wasn't going to change his mind.

The prosecutors in the case don't see him pleading guilty as a problem. (As in looking for an appeal angle, etc.)

I vote we accept his guilty plea, then boot the judge!

How does the song go....."only in America....

The Judge probably did not lose any friends, family or Fire/EMS/Law Enforcemnet brothers/sisters in the attacks. I lost at least a dozen in NY. Maybe we need to invite her to see Ground Zero up close and personal and to attend one of our brothers/sisters funerals. Maybe then she see the light and let him plead guilty. Anyone wnat to be part of that jury????
    EdB

.....We the People....

MembersZone Subscriber

Go easy folks, the judge did the right thing.

Remember, this guy is representing himself. There is no attorney involved. She is making sure that this guy really understands the ramifications of what he is doing before she accepts the plea. This plea is a built in appealable issue when he is sentenced to death. She is just making sure she removes as much of the questionable stuff before the appeal. It's actually a smart move on her part.

And it doesn't matter if the prosecution thinks it is a play for an appeal or not. It is the judge that matters. This is undoubtedly the most important case she will ever handle. She ha been cautious the whole way, trying to remove any appealable issue at every turn.

She scheduled a hearing for Tuesday, at which time she said that if he still intends to plead guilty, it's game, set, match.
    Last edited by GeorgeWendtCFI; 07-18-2002 at 11:31 PM.

Guess you tried to plead guilty to some charges today, then later said forget about and plead not guilty.

Folks: George Wendt may not be a lawyer as am I but he is certainly savvy as to what's going on in our justice system. I couldn't have said it better myself. In fact what the Judge was concerned about happened. Mr. Terrorist withdrew his guilty plea when he understood the ramifications of pleading guilty. Maybe signing his own death warrant. You can learn all kinds of things on this forum.
    Last edited by ENG6511; 07-26-2002 at 11:00 AM.
    Bob Compton
    IACOJ-Proud
    IACOJ-HALL OF FAME-2003

MembersZone Subscriber

George Wendt may not be a lawyer

Thanks for the compliment.

LOL

George

Forum Member

Whats the latest info on this?
    ~*Chris McCown*~
    FireFighter / Rescue Sergeant / NREMT-P