Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paramedics

Forum Member

Default Paramedics

What ever happend to TLC's Paramedics?
    Your thoughts, and input on the best shows.
    Any feedback on pt. care from any of the EMT/Medics on the show.
    T*J*R

"Paramedics" from TLC has moved with all the re-runs to the Health Channel. When I say Re-Runs I'm not kidding ---- Sometimes the same episode runs twice a week twice a night ---- No new episodes were made to date that I'm aware of.
    Stratford Fire Company # 1
    New Jersey State Firemen's Convention Champions - 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000

MembersZone Subscriber

My favorite episode was the one with EMSA from Oklahoma City during the May 5, 1999 tornado.

'Course, I work with a bunch of guys at my job that happen to work for EMSA too, so I'm a little impartial!

Really, I thought it was a great episode. It showed just how crazy it can get...and how a professional service deals with it.
    Bryan Beall
    Silver City, Oklahoma USA

I have to agree with Silver City, that Oklahoma was one of the best episodes. I have been a medic for about 5 years now and don't know if I would have been able to stay as calm and cool as they did. Those medics were incredible.

Mel
    Hey You!!! Out of the gene pool!!!

Thumbs up Paramedics

Yes I must say that was a great show. My dept. uses the OKC show for trianing on how and how not to opperate during an MCI. I'll tip my hat to EMSA for a job well done! That whole show our jaws were to the floor.
    The Calm b4 the storm is now!

Forum Member

Just speaking as an apparatus buff, EMSA (at least in OKC) is always interesting. I've never seen those odd wraparound light bars that you see on EMSA's vehicles.

MembersZone Subscriber

EMSA is phasing out the wrap-around strobe kits and going to strictly LEDs. The new trucks (which you can check out at emsaonline.com) use a lot less power. I'm pretty sure the mechanics told me the strobes pulled 300 amps and the LEDs pull 5 amps. The new trucks also have, for lack of a better term, "ground effect" lighting. That is, scene lights around the bottom of the box to illuminate the ground. They're pretty cool.
    Bryan Beall
    Silver City, Oklahoma USA

I have to agree. That was the best one I've seen. Lucky day for the filming crew.

Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

I would just love to see them come film here in Waco. For every episode there is it takes about 6 months to get all the film needed.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

I wonder if HIPAA is what killed the "Paramedics" series? I thought it was a great show and had some true educational value to it. I thought it also served as a valuable recruitment tool, though we all know not every call is adrenaline pounding like they show it to be.
    Jack of all trades, master of none.

Live Green, Go Yellow!

Join the forums at www.ambulass.com!

We call it "continuing ed hour" when it's on at work...I still laugh though when the sound effects are of a "hot" response, but the video is of a "cold" response...Yes I know it's tv...but still...
    The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

What probably killed Paramedics is that there is not enough gratuitous sex and soap opera-ness to it like ER, Grey's Anatomy (which I actually like), or SCRUBS.

It is sad, but realistically, I think it was just all of us whackers (of which I am proudly one) who watched it. I do still like to fick through the channels every once in a while and watch the show, but I am so medicine OD'd right now it isn't even funny.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

I worked for the guy that was the EMT in the OKC EMSA truck. He is now a paramedic and ownes the ambulance service that is in our city. The paramedic is now a doctor in OKC.
    Last edited by clevelandfire; 04-14-2006 at 05:55 PM.

Forum Member

If HIPPA is what killed the show, "COPS" may not be far behind it as even though they give the "All suspects are innocent...."disclaimer,there probably has been a shyster saying that their client's appearence on the show killed his chance at a fair trial because the police are shown arresting him with the main evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by medicmaster
    I wonder if HIPAA is what killed the "Paramedics" series? I thought it was a great show and had some true educational value to it. I thought it also served as a valuable recruitment tool, though we all know not every call is adrenaline pounding like they show it to be.

Thread Information