Thread: Hale Pumps

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Default Hale Pumps

We have a '93 FL70,(bought second hand) with what was listed as a 1050 Hale pump on the Pump Test Spec Sheets. After practice tonight (18 Jul) we were reviewing the pump manual and discovered that in the book it shows the pump to be a 1250 Hale. We checked the serial numbers and model numbers, and they match between the manual and the spec sheets.

Here is the question: Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between the 1050 and the 1250? On the spec sheets, it showed that the pumpe performed better than it was "rated" for. We read that to mean the pump was in really good shape. If there is a difference between the two of them, is a significant difference, or is the difference mostly an internal variation?

Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm gonna go WAAAAAAYYYYYY out on a limb here, but I'll be willing to bet that the "Pump Test Spec Sheets" are written in Imperial Gallons and the "pump manual" list it in US Gallons.

1 Imperial Gallon = 1.20 US Gallons.

1050 * 1.2 = 1260
    Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Instructor

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Lightbulb C L L L I I I C C C C K K K K!!!

The sound you just heard was someone engaging the "main power O-N/O-F-F switch. The light just came on N2D! I'll bet you are right. We use Imp Gallons here, but of course Hale is American.... good call. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

Yes, you are correct. US pump manufacturers certify in IGPM if required. Our 1250 pump is your 1050, and your 1250 is our 1500.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Re: C L L L I I I C C C C K K K K!!!

Originally posted by Malahat Two-7
    The sound you just heard was someone engaging the "main power O-N/O-F-F switch. The light just came on N2D! I'll bet you are right. We use Imp Gallons here, but of course Hale is American.... good call. Thanks.
    No problem. I'm sure my folks will be happy to know that the mechanical engineering degree they worked so hard to pay for has finally been put to use (seeing as how I have worked in a computer/IT related job since graduation and all I REALLY want to do is be a career FireMedic )

Honestly I'm surprised I caught it myself, just glad I could help.
    Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Instructor

Thread Information