Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Post Second round of awards

One of the MN Senatorís offices contacted our FD and stated that the second rounds of awards are going to be announced Monday July 22, 2002. Have to wait until Monday to know for sure.

I seem to remember someone stating that FEMA is going to release grant winnerís names every two weeks. Of course, anyone winning a grant will hear about before the press release. Your state and local politicians hear about it before you do. Then they contact you.

Good luck to everyone on their grants. Hope you don't have to wait too long.
    Jeff Drais
    Saint Stephen Fire & Rescue
    Saint Stephen MN

We received a congratulatory call from our U.S. Senator's office today. I guess we will "offically" get the word with the announcements next week.

Good luck to all.

John

Cool

Fireman077 - from a fellow Virginian - how did the process work for you? We received an email on 9 Jul for the Direct Deposit Form (1199A) and sent it back but have not heard anything. Did u all receive the 1199A request or just a call fm Sen. Wolf's office?

By the way - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

John

car120
    Firehouse.com Guest

lindengunny -

You may want to check the E-mails and Direct Deposits thread. Some other guys got the same Direct Deposit e-mail on the 9th without the questionaire too, and were told it was an "error."

LINDENGUNNY - We had the same types of experiences this year that many others have posted on related threads. I got a phone call from FEMA on July 2 asking the "questions" - still accept if awarded?, able to match?, etc. The following week got the e-mail regarding the 1199A. Then got a phone call from Senator Warner's office yesterday. I will believe it when I see it announced officially.

John

CAR120 and FIREMAN077 - thanks for the quick responses. Since we received the DirDep email a week b4 Pete(thats if I am following the thread correctly) and haven't heard yeh or ney fm FEMA was still hoping. I know Pete said there was a two day window when things were hokie - hope we fall outside that. Seems we got the email the same day as u Fireman077. Guess I should find a number to call - but then again not knowing still means hope. I read where one department early on never received a questionaire or DirDep email and only knew they had the money when they read it here at firehouse.com. But I would imagine the good Senator's office in Va. would have notified us by now due to our asking for fund's for a tanker.

Stay safe - congrat's and good luck.

Administrator

The second round of grant recipients will be announced on Sunday at 7 p.m. on Firehouse.com.

Default Question for Web-Team

I see you say the next winners will be posted at 7:00 today, but is that eastern time?
    SERVING FOR PRIDE
    PROUD TO SERVE!

car120
    Firehouse.com Guest

Congrats to fellow firehouse forumers Mike Lacey, jdrais, and fireman077 and your departments - and any others I may have missed - on your "official" grant announcements.

Time to celebrate, way to go!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default never got quesionare

just got the call from fema on 7-5-02 she asked if i still needed the money and if we had the matching funds i sead yes to both and have not herd from any congressman but we were on the second set of names so I guess we are winners we are getting a pumper!!!!!!!!!

don't know if a congressman will call or not just know we got the grant!

thanks for all the help and be safe.

Question Scruggs

Congrats on your award! Did they ever send you the direct deposit e-mail for you to print, take to the bank, and return it to FEMA? I'm just wondering if they are needing this information before making the public announcements. It looks like that it has been taking about 2 weeks after asking the questions to the time of a department recieving an award.
    Saty Safe!!!

"Just remember. No matter where you go. There you are!"

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

It's nice to see my department's name on the official list.

Scruggs, don't you have any politicians up for re-election in November? I'm surprised they didn't try to get some mileage out of it.

Good luck to eveyone else in your grants.
    Jeff Drais
    Saint Stephen Fire & Rescue
    Saint Stephen MN

MembersZone Subscriber

Default SO HAPPY

WELL DO KNOW ANY CONGRESSMEN AND WE GOT THE CALL FROM FEMA ON 7-5-02 AND WE GOT THE E-MAIL ON 7-06-02 AND SENT THE 1199 FORM BACK ON 7-09-02 AND THATS ALL I DID UNTIL NOW ON 7-22-02 I AM LOOKING FOR A PUMPER STARTING IN THE MORNING ITS A TUFF JOB BUT I HOPE I CAN HANDLE IT FOR A SMALL DEPT LIKE OURS IT WILL BE A GREAT HELP

GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND BE SAFE

Monrovia Fire Department Firefighting Vehicle $175,500.00

Looks like we are getting a Water Tender!

Default grant

we have been contacted by our senator and our dept. is on the web site list of reciepients but,we have not been offically contacted by fema.do you think i should call are keep waiting
    just my thoughts not my depts.

leather forever

Thread Information