Thread: turnouts

Default turnouts

Im currently interested in Purchasing a set of MP gear tail coat. I am told they are comftorable and wear good. What can you tell me ??
    Does anybody have a preference on the harness on the outside or inside of the pants ? What moisture barrier/thermal liner combos do you prefer ?

Forum Member

Default Re: turnouts

Originally posted by FEDERAL Q2B
    Im currently interested in Purchasing a set of MP gear tail coat. I am told they are comftorable and wear good. What can you tell me ??
    Does anybody have a preference on the harness on the outside or inside of the pants ? What moisture barrier/thermal liner combos do you prefer ?

The morning pride that was issued to me in 1999 is very comfortable and is wearing very well. We have had some firefighters destroy two sets of morning pride gear but they also ruined two sets of Globe also. Having the harrness on the inside is a no brainer. The fire department across the river from us that runs external harnesses ruined two or three of them (one during a car fire "Dude your harness is buning") last year and at over $200 a piece. Moisture barrier Crostech or RT7100 works well enough for me. I would like a light weight basofill liner with the Extended dead air on the coat to improver the performance of a lighter weight liner.

Thread Information