Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Fire Lover"

Forum Member

Default "Fire Lover"

Has anyone read the book "Fire Lover"? It is about Captain John Orr who was a Arson investigator in California and was convicted of arson. The book I thought was a good read, kept me going and wanting to read more.
    HBO has a made for TV movie about it. The movie is horrible in my opinion. It rushes through everything in the book and then just drops off at the end.
    Anyone else seen or read either of these? What is your opinion?

*Mark

I am getting ready to read the book, so cant really say anything about that, but I did watch the HBO movie. Personally, I felt the movie wasnt very well done. It jumped around a lot, didnt really give any lead-in into why he did what he did(other than ego,which the movie seemed to zero in on).

I too thought the movie just left people hanging. They didnt show the outcome of a trial, how it affected the dept as whole, and I was curious to see how his family supported him, if at all.

I'm hoping that the book is much better(they usually are).

Lady.
    "Let every nation know..that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty"---JFK, Jan.1961

Forum Member

I don't want to give the book away to you but, I thought the book was much better. The first couple of chapters jumped around quite a bit, but it settles down. You won't find out why he did what he has been accused of (OOPS) but I thought the book went very well!

*Mark

Arrow Fire Lover

It was a good back and made for some very interesting reading. One of the unfortunate things about the situation is that it continued for so long without being resolved.

Quite obviously the main character is one twisted individual. I just found it amazing that so many crimes could be committed so openly awithout anyone getting caught in the act!

I highly recommend that you read this book.

Thread Information