Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Haix leather firefighting boots

Does anybody have any experience with this brand of boot(HAIX)? they are made in germany. they are supposed to be the best leather FF boot on the market. no slip soles, breathable, and a bunch of other stuff. $255 is the price. im wondering if they are worth the money. i can get Lacrosse leathers for around $200. the construction of the Haix boot seems pretty good. no shin guard though, which i dont like. they have lace up style also. does anybody use lace up style? or is it a pain to zip them before a run? i tried the non zips on, and they feel great. the zipped style would probably feel even better. anbody have any experience with these? Or heard anything?

Thanks
    Mike

I crossed the river from Bucks to Mercer County,New Jersey

One of our ff said he saw them at the Firehouse Expo...best boots he has ever tried on. I want to check them out also....

Thumbs up HAIX for ever

Hello,

I'm a Belgium firefighter and i have hah different leather boots sinds i got in the fire department as a probie firefighter and HAIX are the best there are for the moment.
    I have them for about 4 years and no leaks at all no wet feet even when i stand (walk) in 6 inch of water, my feet weren't getting cold either.

Our department is going to buy all firefighters new boots and we are testing different types this year and HAIX has a totaly new boat and it's chainsaw resistant!

I know two of the brands we are testing are sold in the USA also they are HAIX (leather boots) and Jolly Scarpe (kevlar boots).
    I still prefure the HAIX because i trust them, i think you can't keep the kevlar claenafter some tar dripped on them.

www.haix.de

www.jollyscarpe.com
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default WARRINGTON PROS

I have owned Warrington pro’s for 5 or so years. I Love them no leaks, never had a sole separate. They also are American ”Union “ Made. If your looking for more info there has been at least a ½ dozen discussions about leather boots the past month.

I crossed the river from Bucks to Mercer County,New Jersey

I was wrong about one of our firefighters trying on a Haix boot...it was a Tradition boot. The rep told him that the boot is guaranteed for 5 yrs...even if you wear out the toe. The toe is rubber coated. Seems like they combined the best of the rubber boot with the comfort of a leather. Here is a link to the site
    http://www.fireboot.com

I have had 2 pair of Warrington Pros, 1 pair of rangers, and a pair of Recos...they all have the same problem. The toes wear out. I took my Pros into a shoe repair store and had leather caps put on the toes. This helped but to get the boot to last I had to do it about 3 times over a 4yr period. Guys in my dept. have a few different brands of boots...all with shreaded toes. I really like the idea of a rubber toe...
    Last edited by blackleather; 07-24-2002 at 09:21 AM.

The boots shown on the website of www.fireboot.com are these from Jolly Scarpe that i mentioned in my last reply.
    They have a nice kevlar boot in there product line, but like i said previosly, we are testing them also and i think you can't keep them claen after a fire (my opinion) when you take a look at some statisticks they protect bether than leather boots.

They also are American Union Made.
    And if the company who will sell the boots from Europa make a nice American looking site you would buy them even if they come from Europe. The boots from www.fireboots.com are the boots from Jolly Scarpe and they are Europian made. Guys not every thing from over here is bad.
    I still prefer the boots from Haix they also have one that's chainsaw proof just like Jolly Scarpe (fireboots).

What you have to do with leather boots is claen them after a durty (mudy) intervention and wax them with a special product for shoes with Gore Tex in them. This you don't have to do with ruuber boots

Thread Information