Default Fundraiser Idea's

Hey, whats going on everybody. We are doing another fundraiser, same old boring car wash. Yea, we raise a pretty penny, but we do the same idea over and over. Any one out there with some good fundraising ideas, please drop us a line.

Matt_Fire@attbi.com

Smile

Next Saturday, my department is hosting a chicken bar-b-q. It will be our 1st one. We should profit $1500-2000 in a 5 hour period. In addition, we run 2 beef-n-beers per year netting $2500 each. If you have a large banquet hall, these are good ideas. We also have held coin tosses in the past. In 3 hours, we can collect $1500 plus. We have a fire district were I come from and this is just extra money. We all have a fun time doing things like this. Good Luck with your fund-raising.

Default beat me to it...

got on here to ask the exact same thing, but here it is. we only make about $100-$200 per carwash, so we're looking for alternatives as well. we are considering sending letters to selected businesses in the community asking for donations. we'll see how well that works...

HFDEXP777,
    The car Wash scene gets old and tiresome after a while. Plus when your trying to raise money to buy new equipment, and only making that much money on car washs, you have to do so many. Now we were going to try the letter idea but the it was decided that if we were going to ask for donations we would be alittle bit more clever. We consulted with a neighboring town and sent a few FireFighters from us and the other town to a few HOT spots in their town, sent em out with bunker boots to collect the donations from motorists. Now at the end of the day we took the total and split it up evenly. Now this could prove very profitible if you are in a good size community, but we have a very small population and not highly traveled roads, so thats why we worked with the neighboring town.

Indeed it does. I am fresh out of ideas, too. Time to set my standards a little lower.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Look out! Dangerous territory!

Be careful soliciting donations.

Make sure you provide a good or service in return for any monetary donation your Post receives. BSA policy states that a Post may not directly solicit for donations (letters or boot drive).

My Post took an alternative approach to this problem (ie: here's the loop-hole you're all looking for now...)

We got permission to do a fundraiser at the local supermarket (written permission from store mgr, as well as approved BSA money earning application), where we set up a table with fire prevention info and handouts, smoke detectors, gear, etc. and offered it to the patrons leaving the store. Also had an engine there, which prompts more interest from the public, especially the little kids who drag the parents over to see it.

Of course there was also a boot available to collect donations if anyone felt compelled to empty their pockets after we provided them with some free info. Cost to us, $0.00. Profit, 100%... about $500 in one day (10 am to 5 pm?).

Also a good way to get some good PR if you do a press release about your "fire prevention display" and also a good recruiting activity... everyone wins, and it follows the intent of the rules!

Good luck!

Default JUNK...I THINK NOT

THIS YEAR MY POST HAD A JUNK SALE AND WE MADE
    A BIT OF MONEY. IT WAS LOTS OF FUN AND WE GOT
    TO KNOW THE CUMUNITY A BIT BEST OF LUCK TO U!!!

EXPLORER PETEK

thanks for the heads up newguy, I probably could have gotten us in some biiig trouble

the cheifs idea is pretty good, bar-b-q's qork pretty good or howabout a pig pickin. those are pretty fun. or you could do a raffle or hold a golf tournament. those are some things that we do at my school, and for my hunt club. hope it helps
    Burgess Wills
    Firefighter/EMT
    Windsor Vol. Fire Department
    Chuckatuck Vol. Fire Department

HNFC FF/President

Default Hoagies!

Our Department does Hoagie Sales. Usually takes 4 hours to sell out, and we make about $800-$1000 dollars from em.

Do you have any good Cold Cut places near your station? if so, see if u can get them to sell u the hoagies at a discount price. That way, you can mark up the price to a reasonable selling price and still make a profit.

We also have a fund drive that starts in October of every year. We make good off of that too.
    Firefighter, Volunteering since Oct 2001

CCFA 05-04, best overall class for 2005
    "GOOD GAME!"

Forum Member

Lightbulb

here are somethings that we do now & then. how about a pancake breakfast, hotdog & chili dinner, something else that you could do is have something going on a couple weeks before the elctions in nov. have some of the politions come out. that will really draw the people out to what ever you may have. these are something that i have right off the head.

get together with your local propane company and collect the old tanks that people can't fill anymore(the ones without OPDs). because of NFPA 58 tanks without OPDs can't be filled after april 4, 2002. noone seems to know what to do with the old tanks. if you collect the tanks and ask for a donation for each tank collected. this is also a fire safety thing so it will go along with the overall goal of your post/department. just make sure to check with the local propane company to make sure they will take them. you may have to put them on pallets. it is not a lot of work but makes a lot of money if well publicized.

Thread Information