Thread: cheap!!!

Default cheap!!!

what can you do with a guy who is so cheap that he is driving everyone crazy?ie:never has lunch until everyone is finished and grazes on everyones leftovers,when pump crew was on a call took it upon himself to help himself to a 3rd of a crew members sandwich,each crew takes turns buying mcdonalds sundays and bringing them back but when its his turn he keeps his crew away from the station while they eat then comes back EMPTY HANDED! his favorite day is you guesd it clean out the fridge day,thats when anything in there is free game.he will even get up early to finish off the leftovers from the night before.
    i could understand if he wasnt making capt wage and a buisness on the side?

what can we do????
    paul

Forum Member

Default Even Cheaper

Roadkill Supreme (good and ripe)add this to the fridge contents the night before the"Gannet" feeds. And add possibly to the sandwiches---Sidewalk Salami a.k.a doggy doo!! This is a surefire cure.And if he always disapears at washing the dishes time? Serve the next meal on the same plate(unwashed)--- about 2 or 3 goes works.
    "If you thought it was hard getting into the job--wait until you have to hang the "fire gear"up and walk away!"
    Harry Lauder 1981.Me on the left!

MembersZone Subscriber

First and foremost, make sure that he is watching and throw all of the leftovers in the garbage. There are two things in the firehouse that shouldn't be messed with, turnout gear and food. Has anyone spoken to him about this? Let him know that this is totally unacceptable behavior and won't be tolerated.
    As good as it may sound, I'm pretty sure you can get in a lot of trouble for putting dog doo in the food.

I used to work with a guy like that! One of my co workers bought some tuna flavored cat food and put it in a bowl and then left it in the fridge. Sure enough, we were out and about and he helped himself to some of it. My co worker waited until the guy was in there and then "noticed" that some of the tuna was gone. He then went into a story that he accidently grabbed the bowl of "medicated cat food" out of his fridge instead of the leftovers he had intended to eat for lunch.

We found the free loader in question behind the station, sticking his finger down his throat, trying to expell the 'medicated cat food'.

Also, an ambulance base had an administrator that did the same thing.
    a vial of lasix in the coffee pot and a package of ex-lax in the brownies 'cured' him of that! I would say if this guy is suppossed to run calls, the last idea would definately be out of the question.
    ftm-ptb-rbp
    leather forever

Forum Member

Every firehouse has one of these characters. They are the same ones who cry poverty, complain that we don't make enough money and then turn down overtime. They are the same people who will not pitch in to buy a new TV for the day room, but are the first ones to grab the remote control. They are the same ones that refuse to donate to the house fund, but are willing to drink the coffee, use the condiments or use anything that the kitty buys. They will always accept the offer of a can of coke when someone goes to the machine, but they never reciprocate. They will grab the empty soda cans and put them in their locker for the deposit! They are tyrannosaurs...pea brains, ravenous appetites for other peoples leftovers and really short arms that can't reach into their pockets to buy their own!

We've had a few "mooches" who felt that anything left in the refridgerator was "fair game". That problem was solved with a few well placed habanero peppers hidden under the cheese of a pizza, a mousetrap was placed in a bag of chips, etc.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

My Captain eats everything in the fridge, fridge day or not. I don't keep any fridgeable (if that is a word) items in the fridge except milk. I keep my chips and snacks put away too. Label the stuff you put in the fridge and cupboards!

*Mark

A friend of mine who works for County EMS had the same problem. One day, he decided to do something about it. He got to his station early for his shift...took the first 4 slices of bologna out and wiped his posterior with them. He had one of the guys they were relieveing take poloroids as he did it. At lunch time...he went to make a sandwich and noticed there were slices missing. he asked the guy about it...the guy said " That was yours? I thought it was the lunchmeat I left in there last shift." He showed him the poloroids and never had another problem.

Forum Member

That's Nasty!!

Funny, but Nasty.

Forum Member

Talking

OH MY GOD!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I.A.C.O.J. Charter Member
    "Chet, get an inch and a half on that!"

"Not for fame or reward,Not for place or rank. Not lured by ambition or goaded by necessity. But in simple obedience to duty as they understood it. These men suffered,sacrificed,dared all, and died. Let us never forget our fallen friends."

Forum Member

That is disgusting!!!!!!

Default oh my god!!!!!!!

thats funny i cant beleve all the stuff you guys have done thats incredable i have being lol for the longest time,keep them coming
    firedog105
    stay safe!

Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

gonzo pretty muched posted what i was going to say. but tabasco sauce works great on everything.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Thread Information