Right before my physical for my hometown fire dept. in Wyoming County, NY, I had begun a conditioning program which consisted of such excercises as treadmill, stairmaster, stationary bikes and two kinds of weight excercises, one of them a seated rower which I enjoy very much. The physical, taken on Jan. 24, qualified me for adminstrative and non exertive duties, though the by laws have not provision yet for social members and I have two aims in my program; Get rid of as much of that spare tire I have had for years and get into good enough shape to qualify for active duty in my department. During this summer, I have been doing a lot of cycling throughout my Wyoming County, NY village on a route that gives me some upgrades that get me working good including some of the steepest grades in town.Am I missing anything. Right now I feel I am in better shape than I have been in years and have a ways to go. I am kind of flying blind on this. Does any one have any ideas of an effective program that is even better than what I have now?