Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Default Laissez les bon temps roulette!

Laissez les bon temps roulette!
    Let the good times roll!

Greetings from down here in Cajun Country. I'm from Baton Rouge, Louisiana and I LOVE my state! I am a journalist, a firefighter, and a dispatcher. I'm also the mother of two wonderful children that help me in Fire Prevention. My six year old son helps little kids crawl around in our Smoke Trailer. My four year old daughter hands out the coloring books. My husband is a wildland firefighter who is leaving soon for a helitack class.

I really enjoy this site. It is nice to see what others around the World are up to.

I am also a member of the Honor Guard at my department. We will be traveling to Washington, DC for the NFFF Memorial Service. My father is a Metro Fire Chief (very soon to be retired) and my brother is also a firefighter. I spent many Easters hunting eggs in the yard of the firehouse, many Sunday dinners with my Dad's crew, and a whole lot of afternoons sitting in front of my dad's secretaries' desks because I had to be picked up from school due to detention!
    I literally grew up at the fire department. It was inevitable that I would find myself here after college.

Now I go to work, mother my kids, and travel all over the country searching for good travel deals for firefighters.
    Thanks for letting me intoduce myself.

Shannon Lane
    HurstLane@aol.com
    www.thetravelingfirefighter.com
    http://thetravelingfirefighter.com

Never, never, never give up - Winston Churchill

Forum Member

Talking

Anyone who is from BR can't be a Cajun.LOL. Greetings from Crowley, the Cajun rice belt. Glad to see I'm not the only coonass on the forums anymore.
    Craig Walker

Union Strong...Union Proud

An Irishman is the only person in the world who would walk over 12 naked women to get to a bottle of Stout.

Great to see you on here too!. By the way, my grandmother spoke nothing but Cajun French. Be Safe!

Default A yankee chimes in

I thought I would say hello to the Louisiana folks. Although I am pure yank, I spend alot of time down your way. Gimmie some oysters and some nice gumbo and I am happy man....

Where do you visit?

Default Likes Acadiana

I spend most of my time in New Orleans, but I have spent a fair amount of time in other places. I have stayed in Hammond, Lafayette and Breaux Bridge. I really enjoy Acadiana and plan on someday maybe even buying a little place to stay during the winters when I retire (not for a long time)...Summer is another story.

Thread Information