*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Daylight Time unless otherwise indicated)
Friday, July 26, 2002
· WEYMOUTH, MA: MVA @ 327 Summer Street. Request for a 2nd set of Jaws & Medflight (1) 10-45 with severe head & chest trauma. L/Z is the High School. *154.235* [TAC9-C461]. 12:45a.m.
· BROOKLYN, CT: (Mortlake Section) Route 169 and Burritt Hill Rd. Extrication in progress. Life-star requested. L/Z at Day Kimball Hospital Helo Pad. *33.90* [TAC9-C09]. 12:53a.m.
· Update - WEYMOUTH, MA: MVA @ 327 Summer Street: (2) Engines & (1) Ladder working at scene. (1)-female victim trapped. Extended extrication. Medflight has about 5 minute ETA. [TAC9-C461]. 1:04a.m.
· Update - WEYMOUTH, MA: MVA @ 327 Summer Street. Request for a 3rd Engine to the scene. 3rd set of Jaws going to work. Medflight at the landing zone. [TAC9-C461]. 1:14a.m.
· **2nd Alarm** HACKENSACK (BERGEN Co.), NJ: 126 Myer St. Co.'s have fire in an unknown type structure. [EAN77]. 2:43a.m.
· SIMSBURY, CT: Working fire on Plank Hill Road. A Parks and Recreation Dept Building. S/C 1 additional Engine. *453.1625* [TAC9-C09]. 4:58a.m.
· BRONX, NY: 22-3957 *2nd Alarm* at 242 E236 St x Katonah/Keplar Aves. Fire on 1st floor of a 2-story attached frame dwelling 20x50. [MNS342]. 5:49a.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: 22-3957 *2nd Alarm* at 242 E236 St x Katonah/Keplar Aves. Fire on 1st floor of a 2-story attached frame dwelling 20x50. D7 reports 3 lines in operation. Fire has been knocked down. Primary search is negative, secondary search in progress. [MNS342]. 5:54a.m.
· BRONX, NY: **2nd Alarm** Box 3957 @ 242 E.236th St. Fire in a private dwelling. Additional Truck & Engine above the 2nd Alarm. [EAN503]. 6:02a.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: **2nd Alarm** Box 3957 @ 242 E. 236th St x Katonah Ave. Fire in a private dwelling now - PWH. [EAN503]. 6:04a.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: **2nd Alarm** Box 3957 @ 242 E. 236th St x Katonah Ave. Fire in a private dwelling. Fire has been placed under control. [EAN503]. 6:07a.m.
· NEW ORLEANS, LA: *2nd Alarm* 1400 Baronne St. Large 2-story wood building (50x150) - heavily involved, through roof. Master streams operating. [NOLA]. 6:28a.m.
· TREVOR (KENOSHA Co.), WI: (02:43hrs) A 4th Alarm on Box #64-01 @1100 258th St. @ "Trevor Feed Mill". Reported as a 1.5-story frame Commercial Feed Store 40x100 truss roof fully involved. 1-TL, 1 Deck Gun, & numerous handlines used to bring this fire under control. Companies still mopping up. [CHGO6/1/150] (C). 7:53a.m.
· Update - HACKENSACK (BERGEN Co.), NJ: 2nd Alarm from overnight, rear of 126 Meyer St. Fire building was a 1-story garage that was fully involved on arrival. This was the 2nd suspicious fire in the area within 12 hours. [EAN388/77/3305/100]. 8:06a.m.
· *5-5-5-5* It is with regret that we report the confirmed death of FDNY B*EMS Paramedic Carlos Lillo BN-49 who made the Supreme Sacrifice on 9/11/01 @ MANHATTAN, NY: 55-8087 (WTC). Rest in peace. [MNS-OFFICE]. 8:24a.m.
· STLFN: EAST. ST.LOUIS (ST.CLAIR Co.), IL: (23:00hrs 7/25/02) ESTLFD was on the scene of a house fire @ 1100 N.1st St. Fire was fully involved on arrival in an unoccupied 1-story frame house. E-424 caught a plug & E-425 assisted. 1 Firefighter taken to hospital with a leg injury. There was an exposure near the house. Co.'s back in service @ 0200 hrs. (STL 997/STL835). 9:23a.m.
· STLFN: *BULLETIN* on a missing child from VALLEY PARK, MO: 6 year-old Cassandra Williamson has been missing since 0720hrs today. She is about 4 ft tall & Caucasian. Details of her disappearance unknown at this time. [STL810]. 10:09a.m.
· ROCK HILL, CT: MVA on Old Spring St. at Woodfield: Truck vs. tree. Jaws in use. CT19 [TAC9-C319]. 10:39a.m.
· STLFN BULLETIN: **Abduction Alert** 6 year-old Cassandra Williamson has been missing from her VALLEY PARK, MO home since 0720hrs today. She is Caucasian, 4 ft tall, wearing a white nightgown with red flowers. A massive search is underway now. S.W.A.T., search helicopters, water rescue, search dogs and foot patrols have been deployed by St. Louis County Police. The little girl is reported to have crossed the street & has not been seen since. [STL810]. 10:41a.m.
· STLFN: **Abduction Alert** 6 year-old Cassandra Williamson was apparently abducted from near 841 Benton St. in VALLEY PARK, MO at 0720hrs today. A massive search is underway for the Caucasian girl, 4 ft tall, 48 lbs, wearing a white nightgown with red flowers. Photo of the girl at: http://www.fox2ktvi.com [STL810]. 11:09a.m.
· STRATFORD, CT: Working fire at 119 Dewey St. Fire on floor 2 of 2.5-story wood frame. CT173/19 [TAC9-C33]. 11:21a.m.
· STLFN: Update - Apparent Abduction of 6 year-old "Casey" Williamson from VALLEY PARK (ST. LOUIS Co.), MO: St. Louis County PD report they are questioning people, but say there is not a particular suspect at this moment. This is a developing & changing situation. [STL810]. 11:29a.m.
· WEST NEW YORK (HUDSON Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** 5304 Palisades Ave. Fire on top floor of an occupied multiple dwelling. DWH. [EAN301-699]. 12:11p.m.
· STLFN: Update - Abduction of Casey Williamson: Girl was apparently abducted from VALLEY PARK (ST.LOUIS Co.), MO this a.m. Massive search underway with some focus on Meramec River & River Dr. Police Tipline: 314-889-2341. V.P. City Hall is Command Post. [STL810]. 12:14p.m.
· ONSET, MA: Working fire - 25 Highland Ave. M/A to fire and for coverage. *33.70* C251 C319 [TAC9-C33]. 12:24p.m.
· STLFN: Update on apparent Abduction of Casey Williamson from VALLEY PARK (ST. LOUIS Co.), MO: The MO K-9 Unit are on the Meramec River with the dogs to search at this time. [STL557]. 1:30p.m.
· STLFN: BELLEVILLE (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Belleville FD is on scene of a gas line break @ # 1 Whiskey Rd. "The Rebel Insulation Co." The building is being evacuated. Companies: TRK 2, CHEIF 2, ENG 3. (STL 835). 1:58p.m.
· TORONTO, CA: 2nd Alarm on arrival at 180 Chalkfarm Dr. Hi-rise occupied multiple dwelling with fire in Apt. 1204. TFN300 [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 2:03p.m.
· STLFN: Update – BELLEVILLE (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: BELLEVILLE FD’s gas leak @ # 1 Whiskey Rd. Illinois Power Gas on scene. Gas is being shut off. Co.'s ventilating the building. (STL 835). 2:06p.m.
· ASHLAND, MA: MVA on Pond Street: Metrowest Paramedic 1 and Medflight requested L/Z is @ The Shaws Market on Route-126. ETA is 7-8 minutes. *484.3875* [TAC9-C20]. 5:01p.m.
· DOVER, NH: MVA at Silver at Atkinson Streets. Request for Squad 14 for entrapment. Jaws in use. *154.295* [TAC9-C32]. 5:23p.m.
· STLFN: Update - Abduction of Casey Williamson: Girl was abducted from VALLEY PARK (ST. LOUIS Co.), MO this a.m. Police have found a body of a girl in an abandoned glass factory, but no positive ID yet if it's her. St. Louis County PD has made an arrest. [STL899]. 5:32p.m.
· TAYLORVILLE (CHRISTIAN Co.), IL: Structure fire at 507 N. Walnut. Fire in the basement. Stonington FPD M/A with Tanker & manpower. [CIFN-3]. 5:39p.m.
· HARTFORD, CT: Working fire on Edgewood Street. Reported fire in a 3-story brick vacant structure. *154.3100/800* CT19 [TAC9-C20]. 5:41p.m.
· SHAWNEE, KS: (1751hrs) – Working fire at 5312 Monrovia St. BC705 has a working fire in a detached 2-car garage. Engine 71, Quint 71, Quint 72, BC705, EMS-1132. [KC01]. 5:55p.m.
· STLFN: VALLEY PARK (ST. LOUIS Co.), MO: Update - Abduction of Casey Williamson: Media reports the body found in an abandoned glass factory @ 4th & Marshall is 6 year-old Casey Williamson. 24 year-old male arrested. [STL899]. 6:18p.m.
· ROWLEY, MA: MVA on the Newburyport Turnpike with entrapment. Jaws working *154.295* C101/C30 [TAC9-C20]. 6:23p.m.
· HOLLY, MI: (N. Oakland Fire Auth): *2nd Alarm Equiv.* 2146 Bone W of Hickory Ridge. Fully involved structure fire. Holly request Groveland for an ALS Unit for burn victim & Tanker with manpower. Also Highland Twp. for M/A. [FNNM-838>400] (c). 7:02p.m.
· AUBURN, NH: Motorcycle Accident vicinity of 520 Manchester Rd. 1-1045C2 - lower extremity trauma. Request for ALS with push from Derry Fire/Rescue. *154.13* [TAC9-C32]. 7:16p.m.
· SUFFIELD, CT: Working fire at Canal Street. Reported fire in a Nursing Home reported 16-patients - evacuated and transported by EMS. CT59/CT19 [TAC9-C20]. 7:54p.m.
· DESOTO (JOHNSON Co.), KS: Working fire @ 33639 W. 88th Court x 88th Street. Smoke/fire showing from a garage. Unknown if attached to the house. Lexington Engine Automatic Aid. [KCFN-02]. 8:26p.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a working fire @ 4600 Maffitt x Cora. Fire in a 1-story brick - 1 line off. PUMPERS: 26-10-24, HL2 (RIT), BC801. [STL899]. 8:39p.m.
· STLFN: Update - ST.LOUIS, MO: STLFD’s working fire @ 4653 Maffitt: Fire is under control. S/C for FIU-821 to respond. [STL899]. 8:44p.m.
· SOUTH KINGSTOWN, RI: Working fire at 57 Ash St. 1-story wood frame – fully involved. *453.450* C304 [TAC9-C28]. 8:54p.m.
· STLFN: ST.CHARLES Co., MO: Central County FD has a *MVA* Westbound I-70 at Mid River Dr. They have 4 victims. [STL557]. 9:02p.m.
· KANSAS CITY, MO: **3rd Alarm** @ 9813 Willow x 98th Street. 3 small lines & 1 Ladder Pipe on a 3-story occupied Apartment building. CAR104, P1, P30, R9, T5 responded on the 3rd Alarm. [KCFN-02]. 9:26p.m.
· BOURNE (CAPE COD Co.), MA: MVA on Route 28: Request for Medflight for 21 year old male with severe head trauma. L/Z is MA Maritime Academy. *800* [TAC9-C519]. 9:28p.m.
· Update – KANSAS CITY, MO: *3rd Alarm* @ 9813 Willow. Heavy fire in the attic of a large 3-story occupied Apartment building. Companies making trench cut in roof. Making little progress. 1 big & 4 small lines & 1 Ladder Pipe working at this time. Temp is 91 degrees, heat index is 98 degrees. [KCFN-02]. 9:35p.m.
· Update – KANSAS CITY, MO: *3rd Alarm* @ 9813 Willow has been struck out b/o DC101. Companies in staging relieving working Companies for overhaul operations. [KCFN-02]. 9:50p.m.
· Update – KANSAS CITY, MO: *3rd Alarm* @ 9813 Willow. This was a 3-story multi-unit Apartment building 150x75 with a common roof. There was heavy fire in the cockloft area. 12 units affected. Fire under control. S/C for 3 extra Engines for relief purposes. [KCFN-02]. 10:29p.m.
· FRAMINGHAM, MA: MVA on Waverly Street, vicinity of the Ashland Line. Framingham/AMR FA2 now requesting Medflight. Reported pick-up Truck vs. pole. 1-1045-C2 with head trauma. L/Z is vicinity of the scene. *483.7625* [TAC9-C20]. 10:59p.m.
· Update - FRAMINGHAM, MA: 1000 block of Waverly Street: Medflight cancelled due to extended ETA. FA2 transporting 1-1045-C2 to the Beth Israel Hospital Trauma Center in Boston. *483.7625* [TAC9-C20]. 11:07p.m.
· STLFN: ST. CLAIR Co., IL: NORTHWEST FD is on scene of a house on N. 28th St. FAO reports smoke showing. (STL 835). 11:22p.m.
*** FirePage Ohio Report for July 26, 2002 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Northern Kentucky and we will soon add Eastern Indiana and the City of Indianapolis. Beginning in 2002, we will be sending all of our incident notifications via E-Mail. So, if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an email address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information, you can contact us at our office, (937) 399-4197, email us at email@example.com or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatcher Scott Berringer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cincinnati: W/F Box # 8316 @ 5108 Sierre X-St Kenwood Rd. Cos: Eng 41, 31, Trk 31, 18, Dist 4. Eng 46 - RIT. Res 46, Dist 1 OTW. FPO/1002/D217 ©
Cleveland: W/F 10813 Amor Ave. House fire. Cos: Eng 22, 30, Lad 30, Squad 3, & BN 6. Lad 10 - RIT. FPO/D703 ©
Dayton: W/F on Rugby. Unknown type structure. Cos: Eng 9, 21, 11, Lad 14, 15. FPO/D320 ©
Laurelville (Hocking): W/F on SR 664. Barn fire. Sta 600 enroute. M/A Tarlton for tanker. FPO/D223 ©
Laurelville (Hocking): W/F on SR 664. Quick K/D. Tarlton cancelled. FPO/D223 ©
Tipp City (Miami): *Water Rescue* on the Great Miami River near SR 202 & US 40. Butler Twp Boat 1 & T/L 88 S/c'd. FPO/D1001 ©
Grafton twp (Lorain): MVA/PIN SR 83 & Capel Rd. 2 car head-on, heavy damage. Metro Life Flight S/c'd. FPO/D700 ©
Columbus: MVA/PIN East Broad & McNaughten. BN 6 (Jackson) reports van on its side with people pinned. Cos: Eng 5, Med 5, Res4cuE, Res2cuE, EMS 16, BN 6. FPO/D260 ©
Indianapolis, IN: W/F 4000 Block of Daphney. Cos: Eng 30, 33, 115 (Pike Twp), Trk 30, BN 11. 1 sty house well involved. FPO/276*/D260 ©
Xenia Twp (Greene): (Delayed from 2118) *Rescue Run* Sprint Car Crash with pin @ Kil Kare Speedway 1166 Dayton Xenia Rd. Cos: Med 515, Res524cuE. M/A Xenia Eng 1341, Res1304cuE. CareFlight 1 with 1 Level 1 Trauma to Miami Valley ER. FPO/D1001 ©
Brookfield Twp (Trumbull): W/F 1200 Block of SR 7. Original call was for vehicle fire & explosion. Sta 18 units found vehicle fire with extention to a house. Cos: Eng 18, 181, Squad 18. FPO/313*/D323 ©
--- Pages Today: 11
--- Pages YTD: 2667
NEFNN CONNECTICUT FIRE LOG (http://www.nefnn.com)
-by Scott Harris
1131 W/F TOLLAND CONN 262 Kate Ln cellar fire in a dwelling
1411 W/F NEW LONDON CONN 118 Blackhall St 3-story frame - fire floor #3
1632 2nd ALM ON ARRIVAL EAST HARTFORD CONN 33 Ensign St 3-story frame - fire top floor from a lightning strike (2nd alarm companies staged)
2044 ACW BRIDGEPORT CONN 343 Robin St 1.5-story frame - kitchen fire
2257 W/F CORNWALL CONN on Rte 128 near Hart Hill Rd house fire
0842 ACW HARTFORD CONN Box 8041 I-91 Southbound between Exits 33-32 multi-vehicle accident with injuries and 2 vehicles fully involved (E-7,2,15,11 L-3 and Tac-1)
2028 W/F HARTFORD CONN Box 522 755 Wethersfield Ave 3-story brick apartment building - kitchen fire in (1) unit floor #3
1202 ACW MERIDEN CONN Box 364 245 Douglas Dr 1.5-story frame - outside fire extended to the building
1827 W/F HARTFORD CONN Box 77 197 Edgewood St 3-story frame - kitchen fire floor #1 - heavy smoke showing
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
London Fire Brigade Daily Report
26 July 2002
1545 G38 Hesston 4 pump fire at 5 Harvestoers Close, row of terraced private dwellings 23m x 12m, fire in the cockloft, using 4 hosereels,2 x 9 meter ladders, thermal imaging camera.
2301 G35 Fulham 4 pump fire, persons reported (fatal) at 12E Wyfold Rd, 3rd flr apartment fire, heavy fire using 2 hosereels, 1 civilian rescued w/smoke inhalation and burns, 1 civilian DOA.
Runs for the day: 944
Runs for the year: 159270
BUFFALO, NY: 2nd Alarm
Friday, July 26, 2002:
0147hrs EDT: 1st Alarm on 125 Mulberry St. Companies had a 2.5-story vacant frame building with fire into exposure 4, a 2.5-story vacant frame building. 7 lines, 1 Tower Ladder, 1 Ladder Pipe & 2nd Platoon worked. 2nd Alarm at 0152hrs EDT: 56 requested extra 1 and 1 after E 3's size up. This is the 9th Greater Alarm of the year compared to 6 last year at this time. Arson was on scene.
2051hrs EDT: 2nd Alarm at 136 Montana St. Fire in a vacant 2.5-story frame with exposures on 2 and 4 sides. 6 lines in, 2 Ladder Pipes & Arson requested. 3rd Platoon was working. E 31 was first in. This is the 10th Greater Alarm this year compared with 6 last year at this time this is the second 2nd Alarm on this date. Fire was under control at 2139hrs EDT.
***BALTIMORE, MARYLAND FIRE HISTORY***
for July 26th:
1941: 6 Alarms - Box#6737 - 1610hrs - 3400 Fairfield Rd - Fairfield (South Baltimore) - Fire involved the Continental Oil Company - A sudden explosion trapped & burned (5) firefighters when they attempted to apply foamite on the fire - After a hard fight the fire was snuffed out before it could spread to nearby storage tanks - Burned about the hands & face were Lieutenant George L. Dorsey, Firefighters Robert E. Dixon, Eugene Kelly, & John Scheckel, E-58, & John A. Koutnik, T-6. (TUH)
1978: 2 Alarms - Box#6733 - 2119-2123 Sydney Ave - Westport (South Baltimore) - Fire involved (3) 2 story brick rowhouses. (CHM1)
1983: 2 Alarms - Box#4425 - 1024 Woodson Rd - Cedarcroft (North Baltimore) - Fire involved a 3 story brick garden apartment building. (CHM1)
1988: Silent Alarm - 1318hrs - 3305 Benson Ave - Violetville (Southwest Baltimore) - Several workers & (1) firefighter were affected by fumes in the Electro-Fab Company - It took nearly (2) hours to correct the situation - (Note: Companies with a "*" have since been disbanded) Silent alarm @ 1318hrs = E-30 - Special call @ 1325hrs = T-8 - Special call @ 1341hrs = Rescue-1 - Special call @ 1350hrs = *BC-10* (Now BC-3) - Special call @ 1406hrs = Fire Prevention Bureau - Special call Hazmat @ 1417hrs = E-35, E-57 (Foam Pumper), T-21, AirFlex-1 (Now Air Cascade-1), Medic-15, Medic-1, Hazmat-1, & BC-6 - Special call @ 1428hrs = EMS Super-4 - Special call @ 1431hrs = Medic-5 - Special call @ 1438hrs = Medic-9 - Special call @ 1440hrs = BC-35 - Special call @ 1445hrs = *DC-1* - Special call @ 1500hrs = Medic-2 - Special call @ 1522hrs = BC-5 to University Of Maryland Shock/Trauma Unit to check on firefighter in Hyperbaric Chamber - Incident under control @ 1522hrs. (TGA)
1994: 2 Alarms + Special Call (2) Trucks - Box#893 - 0248hrs - 3927 Belvieu Ave - Arlington (Northwest Baltimore) - Fire involved the 2nd & 3rd floors of a 3 story woodframe dwelling - 1st alarm @ 0248hrs = E-46, E-40, *E-122 (Aerial Tower)* (Now E-29), E-52, T-12, T-27, Air Cascade-1, Medic-17, Fire Investigation Bureau-10, & *BC-7* (Now BC-5) - 2nd alarm @ 0303hrs = E-45, E-20, E-44, E-21, T-18, T-25, *Aerial Tower-111*, Rescue-1, EMS Super-3, BC-4, & *Shift Commander* - Special call @ 0400hrs = T-16 from T-12 & T-29 from T-25 - Fire under control @ 0450hrs - Transfers = E-8/E-40, E-23/E-46, E-6/E-44, T-16/T-12, T-29/T-25, *T-13*/T-12. (TGA)
George T. Ehrman
Check out Riverview Fire & Rescue's Website
Riverview, New Brunswick, Canada
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
TAC-9 PAGING (div of TAC9 Radio)
301 N. Main Street Suite #9
Randolph, MA 02368
Steve Hooke, President
E-mail to: email@example.com
Bruce Hickox, Affiliate Coordinator
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer pager coverage from Bangor, Maine to Washington DC (our corridor coverage system), our New England States Regional System and now our NEW Nationwide System for the fire buff who travels around the country. Incident coverage includes Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, and Maine.
We page Working Fires and greater, Motor Vehicle Accidents using Jaws, MCI, or Medflight Helicopter. Police Incidents such as Shootings, stabbings, car chases, etc. and Major NEWS incidents.
We have a National Group for multiple alarms that we get from our affiliates across the country.
We have several groups to choose from and all groups have the option to be turned off. We also use a state of the art FLEX system which allows us to page 240 characters.
A feature for those outside our pager service area allows us to page our incidents to your personal alphanumeric pager or to your digital cell phone.
We also offer E-mail of our incidents to your E-mail address or E-mail enabled Wireless device.
For existing Fire Paging groups we have the TAC9 USA Computer for multiple alarm fires. A Fire Paging group sends one page to this computer, either by SNPP, WCTP, SMTP (E-mail), or TAP (dial up) and the system sends that multiple alarm fire to all your reciprocal groups. That simple !
Call us for details or check us out on the web.
Thank You for your interest in TAC9 PAGING.
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportemail@example.com
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2002 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: World Of Fire Report: 07-26-02
07-29-2002, 11:02 PM #1
World Of Fire Report: 07-26-02
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)