Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Well, the week is running out. Still no news about 3rd round announcements or Dear John letters. I wonder what the hold up is.

At least someone could come up with a new treasure hunt like the eXt thing to keep us busy while we wait.

Heart attacks are the major cause of fatalities for firefighters. I think I am going to have one due to the suspense caused by this ridiculous waiting. I know they have to be politically correct, but notifying the "Politikans"first is unreasonable. I know they approved the money for the program, but they should let the individual fire departments get the big rush of adrenaline by hearing it first. As to the "Dear John" letters, I say send them out now and stop the mystery. They obviously know who has been approved and who hasn't. Also, why aren't they calling the "maybe" applicants and asking them if they will accept a lesser amount should some element of their application not be eligible. Just wondering!!!!!

Thumbs up JUST GOT THE CALL!

I just got off the phone with a rep from my congressman's office. We have recieved our grant! We will be in this round of awards!
    Just for those of you out there wondering about the ext, we did not have it by our app. Gotta go and let everyone know.
    Good Luck to All!

"Just remember. No matter where you go. There you are!"

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up Congrats!!!!

Way to go John! Can you share your narrative with the rest of us so we can prepare for next year, should we get the dear John????!!!

Congratulations!!
    NCVFC17

Congrats, John. What did you apply for and how much?

Forum Member

Default Good Job

Good job John!!

Sure glad to hear that the eXt thing is a hoax.

Did you always have the 1199a link?

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Congratulations John!!! Please let us know what you applied for. I've still got my fingers crossed here! Everybody keeps telling me that we won't get it, I just want to prove them wrong. I try to be optimistic about the whole thing!

WAY TO GO!! I guess you were glad you got the "Dear John (King)" phone call.

This doesn't let you off the hook from posting on these threads. Don't forget your roots!

Angry I hope I'm wrong

It is a sure thing the the replies will come back in letter form
    Thats so the fire departments that really need the money to do thier jobs in thier town/cities. I live in a back woods area with a large farming ares to boot. And I'll bet we wont get a thing but we still hold up our heads and love to service oue area.
    life is good no life is great so make the most of it

Administrator

Default ROUND THREE UPDATE

Firehouse.com will post the Round 3 recipients list at about 7 a.m. Monday morning.

Congressional leaders, as you see above, now have the list and are beginning the notification process.

Congratulations to all of the Departments awarded thus far. Nearly 400 departments will be awarded close to $30 million in Round 3.

WebTeam

Forum Member

Default Got the grant !!!

I just got the phone call. $ 42,768.00 for SCBA, & Thermal Image Camera.

What a relief.

Best wishes to all other applicants.

LDS

Forum Member

Default Congrats

Great job!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

John-

Congrats to you and Riley Kansas!!!!!

Default Thank You fellow members

We are also a small vol. dept. in a rural area. I have been able to take a deep breath finally. We applied for the Fire Operations and Firefighter Safety Grant. The majority of the grant is for air packs and a cascade system, some turnouts for members of the dept. that do not have any. A PPV fan and some training aids. This award will allow us to complete a project that would otherwise take over 10 years to accomplish with our current funding. We applied last year and were unsuccessful. Many said why bother to try again this year and my response was "If we don't try, we would be fools!, what have we got to lose?". I wish everyone the best of luck and hope to see many more of you with the answers you're waiting for soon. Maybe this process with start rolling now.
    Good Luck!

"Just remember. No matter where you go. There you are!"

Talking grant award info

we were notified by our congressman today at 1303 hours. we are getting a pumper/tanker for our rural fire district. good luck to everyone else, we are another one that had the eXt in our info on our application and we got the email and 1199a on july the 9th. hope this helps everyone out. be safe.

Thumbs up Congrats!

Great job and congrats to all who have patiently waited.
    Im still waiting, but no dear westchester letter yet. Maybe tomorrow, or not we'll see.

Congratulations to all the grant recipients. And thank you for sharing your success with us. It leaves, at least myself, a sense of Hope for the future rounds of Awards. Good Luck to those waiting and BE SAFE.

Forum Member

Default got our notice

We got our phone call from our congressman about 12pm on thursday the 8th. we also had the ext, and got the 1199 email on july 9th.
    52000 + federal share for complete turnout sets , scba, ppv fan, pass devices and hose
    good luck to everyone else...
    Stay Safe !!!!
    Tyler

Can someone please tell me how I would know if I have an ext and what it is? Is it e-mailed? Sorry, but this is my first time doing this and nobody here at my dept can tell me anything about it b/c they have never applied for one until I did. Congrats to all of you who received grants- Be very proud of yourselves b/c it's not easy!!!Has anyone received a turn down yet? I am with everyone else, wearing my computer out!!! BE SAFE TO ALL!!!!!! And again Congratulations to all of you who have received your funding!!!!

Forum Member

Default ext

Nobody knows if the ext thing has any real merit. We did get the grant and yes the ext is on the application. I have noticed a few posts from ones getting the grant without the ext.

If you want to have a look, go to the application and enter your logon & password. On the lower part of the page you will see a link to see if an application has been started for your department. Click that link and then find your department. The ext is there will be visable only from that page, it is not within the application itself.

I would not put too much stock in the ext thing yet. I do feel the 1199 may be a better indicator. Since these started going out well after the peer review, I doubt if FEMA would send us to the bank to get a form signed then tell us that we did not make the first cut. That being said, only a small percent of the 1199 notices have gone out. I know it is hard to wait (you should have seen me yesterday) but good news will be delivered to hundreds of departments over the next few months.

Hang in there.

LDS

Thread Information