Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Can someone please tell me how I would know if I have an ext and what it is? Is it e-mailed? Sorry, but this is my first time doing this and nobody here at my dept can tell me anything about it b/c they have never applied for one until I did. Congrats to all of you who received grants- Be very proud of yourselves b/c it's not easy!!!Has anyone received a turn down yet? I am with everyone else, wearing my computer out!!! BE SAFE TO ALL!!!!!! And again Congratulations to all of you who have received your funding!!!!

I do not know how my message got here twice but anyway, I can't get on my application. I'm not sure if that page is down or what but I'm getting very anxious. I just want to know either way! Thank you JCCHIEF for your info.

Administrator

Folks

Just remember there are at least five more months to go before all departments know either way.

WebTeam

Smile

Got our phone call yesterday from Our Congresswoman. Received $295,000 for turnout gear and RIT equiptment. Good luck to all.

Forum Member

Default Good Job car2343!!

Way to go. Still waiting on our request.

I guess a few have gotten the Dear John e-mail today.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

Got the call this morning from our Congressman's office. We were awarded $80,355 for new extrication equipment.

In case you were wondering, there was no eXt by my contact number.

Congrats to all others and please hang in there everyone else.....

I've been lurking here for a few weeks watching this grant thing play out. Today I have a good reason to make my first post!

I read on here this morning that the legislators had the Round 3 list, and since we had gotten "THE PHONE CALL" about a month ago I thought we might make it this time around. However, the guy who was listed on the application as contact person is on vacation in Florida! The suspense was killing me so I called Senator Jim Bunning's office, and a person on his staff told me we are receiving a grant for a total of $231,316.00 (Federal share $208,185)! I asked him to fax me the letter ("ain't true until it's written down"), and I'm looking at it right now!

FYI, we are a new Fire District Fire Department resulting from the merger of three small departments. We applied in the catagories on Fire Operations and Firefighter Safety. We applied for new SCBA (to standardize across our three stations), new portable radios to replace our old clunkers (our county just merged and upgraded dispatch centers), individual SCBA face pieces for all of our firefighters, etc.

Needless to say, we are pretty pumped up right now, and the word is getting out (phone rang off the hook all day with calls from vendors - I bet it's just the beginning!).

Smile christmas

This is worse than a kid waiting for Christmas, at least the kid knows what day Christmas is on! I guess it is on to round 4 and yet another vigil as we wait and see if (round) 4 is the magic number.

Forum Member

Default Congrats to Chief350

Did you have the "eXt" next to your contact number?

I think this "eXt" is turning out not to be anything to write home to Mom about.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

Forum Member

Post who is contacting who?

Just received an e-mail from our state fire coordinator, who received a notice from the state emergency coordinator, that the governor has announced that 5 depts. here are receiving grants this round. That makes the total here 6 out of 147 so far, and 4 of those had the ext. Still waiting for anything

Actually, I don't know if the infamous eXt is there or not! The guy who wrote our grant application has been dealing with this, and although he told me what the password to the application on the web was, I forgot it (Doh!)! Sorry, can't help there, but I read on another thread that the eXt was just how the computer abbreviated "extension".

UGHHHHHHHHHHH as if i wasnt bald enough already. I was sitting here thinking about NOT getting the Dear John letter and guess what, It's going to be even worse now. Now when i receive an e-mail from FEMA i wont know if it's the question e-mail others have received, the request for the 1199 form,or, the Dear John letter. Oh Well guess it makes it worth waiting for. But i'd rather know we got the grant sooner then later. Hang in there everyone and be ready for the long haul. BE SAFE

Default chief350

If your from the Melbourne Ky Volunteer Fire Department and Benton Sr. Clift sent in your application than the answer is "NO" there is no "eXt" by your contact number. CONGRAT's ON THE GRANT. May your family at the firehouse prosper from this good furtune! Best of luck to all and stay safe!!!
    SERVING FOR PRIDE
    PROUD TO SERVE!

Default No eXt

I recieved the call that our grant application was approved on Thursday, and we do not have the eXt by our phone number!
    Good luck to all!

"Just remember. No matter where you go. There you are!"

Default Re: chief350

Originally posted by JAMESBENNETT
    If your from the Melbourne Ky Volunteer Fire Department and Benton Sr. Clift sent in your application than the answer is "NO" there is no "eXt" by your contact number. CONGRAT's ON THE GRANT. May your family at the firehouse prosper from this good furtune! Best of luck to all and stay safe!!!
    Nope, that's not us. Melbourne VFD is a neighboring department, but we both get our mail from the same post office, consequently the address confusion. We are Campbell County Fire Protection District 1.

Default Chief350

I found your grant app and yes you do have an "eXt" beside your contact number. There is a second Campbell County F.D. on the list. It shows to be #5 and they do not have the "eXt".
    SERVING FOR PRIDE
    PROUD TO SERVE!

congrats to everyone!!!!!!

Forum Member

Default Round 3

When is FEMA supposed to give out the "official" announcement for round 3? there are confusing dates listed in the forum. Also, can you call your State Senator and get any info on the process? Seems like some have done this and got info.

MembersZone Subscriber

Round 3 will officially be announced Monday morning on Firehouse.com around 7:00 AM. It will also be posted on FEMA's website sometime tomorrow morning as well.

I personally know a person that works in my senators office and I have called her several times. She has been more than helpful to us.

Good Luck to All!!

TM

Who do they call if you will be awarded a grant? I wrote the grant but listed my Chief and a Captain as additional contacts. Just wondering b/c my Chief and Captain are part-time positions. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks!

Thread Information