Question Round 3 Status / News

Any idea of when round 3 of awards will begin or will be announced?

Anyone receiving new emails from FEMA?

Any new news?

Forum Member

Default Waiting

Sitting around
    Drinking a bud
    Waiting for a call

Forum Member

Default EVERYOTHER WEEK

I thought they were making annoucements every 2 weeks?
    I could be wrong.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Forum Member

Question round 3

I was thinking that round 3 would be on or around Aug. 5th.
    I could be wrong though!
    Stay Safe!!!!!!

"Just remember. No matter where you go. There you are!"

Forum Member

Talking

I agree with John, I think the next round is Aug 5th. My dept was asked the five questions and we returned the bank form. I have my fingers crossed!!!

Forum Member

Thumbs up Flochief

Ditto! Just waiting to see if we are there on the next round. Haven't heard a peep.
    Good Luck and hope to see ya there!
    Stay Safe!!!!!!!

Administrator

Round 3 will be posted here on Sunday night most likely assuming all goes as planned. Presumably, that process will continue with new announcements every two weeks or so.

Thanks
    WebTeam

Exclamation Actually Wednesday 8/7

The info is posted in another forum, cant remember which one, but a recent update of 8/1 that states the round 3 grants wont be posted until after Wednesday to allow for the correct political representatives to contact their depts. Good luck to those who got the 5 questions.... maybe Craig Kilbourn can do this for FEMA

Default 8/4 or 8/7

Webteam

Can you please clarify when grants will be posted based on ffpm43 response to your post.

Thanks!

Administrator

Presumably it will mid to late next week. Congressional officials are tentatively scheduled to get the list on Monday or so, then they'll have a day or two to make the notifications prior to the public announcement. In some cases, if your representative doesn't notify you (as has happened), those departments may find out through the annoucement online.

Thanks
    WebTeam

Forum Member

Default Senators Calls ?

Has anybody gotten the call for round 3 yet?

I am camped out by the phone.

Forum Member

Default Late this week.

Recieved this e-mail from my congressmans office today. They will not be notified until Thursday of this week it appears. So I would guess that the 3rd round will not be announced until after that.
    Good Luck to all!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default UGGHHH

Seems as though they are getting further and further off of the 500 every two weeks. I bet this next list will be a big one.

I am curious though, does anyone know why there are 356 names on the USFA list at http://www.usfa.fema.gov/dhtml/inside-usfa/02awards.cfm when in the two rounds there are only 353? Looks like they added Seattle and two other departments but I can't figure out who or from where.

Administrator

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 400 awards will be announced hopefully at the end of this week.

Again, FEMA MUST award the first $150 million by the end of September and they report being on pace to do exactly that.

Default Web team

I don't doubt that they will get it done but does anyone know if it means they have to have the money transferred by then or just awarded?

Administrator

On the 1st and 15th of each month, FOLLOWING the actual award announcement, those Departments will get the 'official' letter from FEMA letting them know of the award and procedures. Departments will be instructed on the Procurement process through FEMA. They do not get the money for several weeks following the award, or longer, depending on what type of transaction it is and whats being purchased.

WebTeam

Forum Member

If I remember correctly; It has to be awarded by that date.

Administrator

$150 Million must be awarded by the end of September. The rest of the money can be awarded through the rest of the Fiscal year, although officials are working to make all awards by the end of December.

I haven't gotten the five questions or the 1199a form. Does that mean we probably won't get a grant this time? This was my first time writing a grant and the first time that our dept has ever even applied for a grant and my dept has been around since 1937. I really wanted to do a great deal for my dept, as they have never even applied before. Can anyone help me concerning info on the questions and the 1199a? I didn't even know what an 1199a was until I looked it up on usfa's web.

Forum Member

Default ORFD_ADMIN

"I haven't gotten the five questions or the 1199a form. Does that mean we probably won't get a grant this time?"
    Hang in there! This is going to go till December. We are all on pins and needles awaiting any kind of word from FEMA. Last year was the first time that I had ever done a grant application. No one else wanted to touch it. I didn't find out about the grant until they were already taking the apps. So jumped in with both feet (no research or education of the process) and we were turned down. It was a very good learning process. This year was totally opposite. I new what FEMA expected and I had time to research and prepare for this years grants. Your efforts are to be commended no matter the outcome! You might want to check the thread about questions and e-mails. There is some pretty good info there. The SF1199a is the Direct-Deposit form that FEMA will need to electronically deposit your award. It has to be taken to the bank and the appropriate info and signatures entered and then returned to FEMA. You would also recieve an e-mail informing you to take it to the bank when/if they release it. We have recieved both the questions and D-D e-mail and still waiting, so hang in there. This could be a long ride.
    Good Luck to all!

Well, the week is running out. Still no news about 3rd round announcements or Dear John letters. I wonder what the hold up is.

At least someone could come up with a new treasure hunt like the eXt thing to keep us busy while we wait.

Heart attacks are the major cause of fatalities for firefighters. I think I am going to have one due to the suspense caused by this ridiculous waiting. I know they have to be politically correct, but notifying the "Politikans"first is unreasonable. I know they approved the money for the program, but they should let the individual fire departments get the big rush of adrenaline by hearing it first. As to the "Dear John" letters, I say send them out now and stop the mystery. They obviously know who has been approved and who hasn't. Also, why aren't they calling the "maybe" applicants and asking them if they will accept a lesser amount should some element of their application not be eligible. Just wondering!!!!!

Forum Member

Thumbs up JUST GOT THE CALL!

I just got off the phone with a rep from my congressman's office. We have recieved our grant! We will be in this round of awards!
    Just for those of you out there wondering about the ext, we did not have it by our app. Gotta go and let everyone know.
    Good Luck to All!

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up Congrats!!!!

Way to go John! Can you share your narrative with the rest of us so we can prepare for next year, should we get the dear John????!!!

Congratulations!!
    NCVFC17

Congrats, John. What did you apply for and how much?

Thread Information