Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Angry Sick of 9/11 Junk!

Is anyone else sick of all the 9/11 junk for sale. Coffee mugs, shirts, pins, bracelts, stickers, cheap statues made in China, etc. I realize it's a free country, and capitalizing on a tragedy is not against the law.
    Does buying this stuff make you feel better? Does it make you feel patriotic?

The 9/11 items that I have purchased were sold by legitimate vendors sanctioned by the UFA and UFOA with the proceeds going to the FDNY Widows and Children's fund.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

I do like the some of the decals, and have them on my car. It does make me feel a bit better, showing my support. But I don't buy total junk either.

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm with Gonzo. I have bought books, shirts, posters, and the like but everything I purchased was sanctioned, and the proceeds went to the Widows and Childrens Funds, or the Victims Fund.

But back to your point, yes is is getting to be a little annoying being flooded with offers to buy this and that to remember 9/11 so others can fill their pockets and forget about the victims.

Lately I've been getting a lot of stuff in the mail and as inserts in the Sunday newspapers.

Ed
    I.A.C.O.J.-Member

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits".-Albert Einstien

"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door"-Milton Berle

91101 is with me everyday. I don't need a mug or a calendar to remind me. The money that was collected for the families was good, but too many people got rich off my dead friends.
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

E40FDNYL35...Very well put my friends.....God bless all of you.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Sr. Information Officer NJFFSA16's Avatar

I proudly wear shirts dedicated to the memory of those members of E40 and L35...also those from Battalion 9. Why, you ask?

Brothers...each and every one. Heroes, each and every one. Will never be forgotten...each and every one.

As for those who profit from this tragedy...without supporting any of the victim's families......there are no words to describe the morality of these vultures. NO words!
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Default surviving fire fighters

As the National Fundraiser for Fire Fighters in Great Britain I am struggling to find out who is taking care of the surviving Fire Fighters of September 11th and what care is being given to them and THEIR families. We have all donated millions of pounds and bought memrobilia which of course was the only right and just thing we could all do, but are the guys and their families being given support.

This is not a promotion it is a genuine concern. Following the Second World War it was America and Canada who sent funds to help our Fire Fighters Widows/Oprhans. Check out our site and see what we did with the funds and how we strive every day to support our Fire Fighters and our families. www.fsnbf-group5.org.uk.

If someone can help answer these questions, maybe, we can repay an old debt.

Barbs
    bd a'avino

UFA

The UFA Scholarship Fund has been established to give the families of active and deceased firefighters the opportunity to go on to higher education. With your charitable gift you are helping to shape the future of children, many of which who have suffered the tragic loss of their father .

Donations of common stock are also accepted and can be claimed as a tax deduction for the value of the stock on the day of your contribution.

Donations are fully tax deductible and you can make a donation in the name of a family member or friend if so desired. You can also include the fund in estate planning through a gift annuity.

On behalf of all the members of the UFA we thank you for your generous contribution. We deeply appreciate the help this gift will provide to the families of our firefighters. We are touched by the out pouring of compassion of all kinds which has come to us at this time of great loss.
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

I am a Fireman with a small city,pop,around 100,000 and it is unimaginable to me the anguish and sadness felt by the FDNY members,I have and will continue to display my flag with a large black streamer(equivalent to half staff on a flag at 45% angle on short staff)Our union has donated money and I will support my union in their efforts that way.

Could you please let me have the details for the UFA as we will have further donations to make later this year following our International Fire Fighters Day Remembrance in the UK?

Barbs
    bd a'avino

I'm with you Gasoline.

Whenever a tragedy or even a success (Such as a sporting win) occurs, every man and his dog jumps on the wagon flogging merchandise and other stuff, all of course, claiming to be the original and all proceeds go to here and here, etc, etc.
    Luke

Thread Information