Forum Member

Default The missing link

All this talk about people having "the 1199 link". How prevalent is this? Of the 3 departments I am familiar with, only one has the link and they have not been contacted in anyway.

Default Not a Good Sign!

I was in the same boat, checking my app. for this form, but I call the FEMA help line and this is the answer. The 9,200 applications that made the peer review will get this form to fill out. It doesn't mean they will get a grant, but it does mean they are still in the running. They have not sent them all out yet, so I will keep looking. Good luck!
    SERVING FOR PRIDE
    PROUD TO SERVE!

I echo what Mr. Bennett said - I rx the 1199A on 9 Jul. and mailed it back - called FEMA after the second round and received nearly the same answer.

Hang in there and good luck,
    John

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Confused

lindengunny, when you say you received the 1199 on July 9 does that mean you actually received the the form or a link to the form in an e-mail or did you receive an e-mail telling you to go to your application and to follow the link?

ffemtmjb,

Received an email on 9 July instructing me to go to our Application and fill out the 1199A - Electronically submit it (not such area was found) - and to mail overnight to the D.C. FEMA office with a specific POC. We still have the link on our application as "View SF1199A". After receiving nothing else from FEMA
    prior to the second round - called them on Tue. following and received the same answer as Mr. Bennett. And, I still have NOT received the questionaire.

Hope that clears everything up. Appears there are a bunch of dept. in limbo like us.

Default Re: Not a Good Sign!

Originally posted by JAMESBENNETT
    The 9,200 applications that made the peer review will get this form to fill out... ... They have not sent them all out yet...

Does that mean that as they send them out, they change the status of the application and what is available to the user? I guess it is like someone said before, they are still waiting on the extra $$ from President Bush before they give the FINAL word.

Forum Member

Default Uh, Oh...

I guess this means that, in the extremely unlikely event that we actually are still in consideration for a grant, I'll need the username and password. Hope I kept it all. Of course, if we'd been able to carry out this process with good ol' paper and telephones, like we should have been, we wouldn't have half the problems we've had so far, would we???

Forum Member

Question

OK, I was just doing a little simple math (anything over that could give me a stroke ).
    There were approx. 19,500 apps.
    If 9,200 apps passed the review panel
    There is current funding for 5,500 depts.
    If Preisdent Bush signs the supp bill there will be additional funds for 2,000 more apps.
    That means only 7,500 can be funded: 1,700 fewer than made the peer review.
    10,300 that didn't make the peer review! Why haven't those 10,300 been notified yet to free up budgets? They're not going to recieve enough additional funding to even take another look at them.
    If the bill is signed, there will still be 1,700 depts. waiting until the very end of this process before they find out the disposition of their application. I just don't see how they can use the reasoning they are for not notifing departments that didn't make it.
    Stay Safe and good luck to all!!!!!
    Last edited by jmkfire; 07-31-2002 at 06:46 PM.

"Just remember. No matter where you go. There you are!"

Default Sooner then last year......

From what I can gather, a good indicator of if you made the peer review is that your application has the "Fill-In 1199a Form" link.

Then once you get the 5 question e-mail this link changes to "Update 1199a".

I had the "Fill-In 1199a" link I think prior to the first round and it was still there, and I could access, and still can. The only change is that on 7/23 I got the 5 question e-mail from FEMA, and now the link is "Update 1199a". I can still access the link and play with the 1199a.

Just a little frustrated though as I sent a reply on 7/24, in addition to 3 e-mails and left a message for the FEMA employee that e-mail me to confirm if they received my reply. As of today I have not gotten the courtesy of whether or not they received my reply.

With respect to the Dear John letters, I remember hearing that some FDs never got a letter last year. My FD got a Dear John letter last year at the very end of the grant notifications (I think in October or November). So while it is frustrating for all FDs not to know how they stand, FEMA is letting them know much sooner this year, then last year.

Forum Member

Default update sf1199a

Ours went to update after I recieved the direct-deposit e-mail on 7-26-02. It allowed to me to edit some info that was incorrect and and then I had to click the submit/save button and then I was able to print a copy with the correct information. I would think that if your link has update on it, then you might be getting the DD release e-mail. Just a guess! It got us excited here, but no word yet from FEMA.

I sent an e-mail a couple of days after returning the questionaire e-mail (7-16-02) and I got a reply from the lady who sent it confirming she had recieved it on the 16th when I sent it back. I e-mailed her at the address that came on the questions.

Used tracking on express mail to confirm that they recieved the DD form on 7-29-02 @ 10:26am.

Good Luck!!

"Just remember. No matter where you go. There you are!"

I'm just waiting for the DD e-mail.

Funny thing that I forgot to mention before. When I made the phone call to FEMA (using the number I was given) I got voicemail with someone elses name then the person that sent the e-mail. I freaked me at first, but called again and sure enough same voicemail message came.

Our status screen has showed "Update SF1199A" for as long as I can remember. I had orginally filled in routing number, etc. with the application and recall seeing "Update" since the beginning.

Today I went into the Update screen and found a typo in the phone number. I corrected it and hit "save/submit". It took me to a screen showing me a mailing address and name as well as allowed me to print the form.

Now, my status screen shows "View SF119A" as opposed to "Update". The View screen simply shows the name and address again.

To date I have received neither an email questionnaire nor a phone call.

I'm not getting excited or seeing this as a sign of anything because I'm guessing that we're all making more out of this "missing link" than we need to be. My guess is that the folks at FEMA are chuckling at our "feeding frenzy" of anticipation.

I hope I'm wrong.....

Forum Member

Default To link or not to link...

I received an e-mail from FEMA that states that the 1199a link being there or not is no indication of a grant or not.

GOOD LUCK!

MembersZone Subscriber

Question

Anyone else have their 1199A link mysteriously reappear this afternoon? Wasn't on our app when I checked this morning, but now it is.

Thread Information