Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Administrator

Default Round Three Awards Announcement Time/Date

Firehouse.com will post the Round 3 recipients list at about 7 a.m. Monday morning.

Congressional leaders now have the list and are beginning the notification process.

Congratulations to all of the Departments awarded thus far. Nearly 400 departments will be awarded close to $30 million in Round 3.

WebTeam

Default Just a Question?

Do you know how far along in the process a grant has to be, before it is considered to be "AWARDED". I am not complaining, but every date and deadline that FEMA has set to this point they have missed. They say they will have the first 150 milllion awarded by the deadline of Setember 30th, but what happens if they miss that deadline as well. Would the money go back into the general fund and not out to the departments? Like I said this is not a complaint, just a question. I am thankful that we as a whole are finally getting some support. And for the most part FEMA has done a fantastic job in putting this program in action.
    Last edited by JAMESBENNETT; 08-08-2002 at 04:39 PM.
    SERVING FOR PRIDE
    PROUD TO SERVE!

Administrator

FEMA hasn't set a 'deadline' for each round only to say grants will be awarded about every two weeks, which is pretty much where we're at right now. Again, its very early in the process. There are thousands of awards out there and the staff at USFA is working diligently. But there are MONTHS to go before this process is complete. It will be months before some Departments know either way, and we're only a few weeks removed from the first round.

FEMA MUST award $150 million to Departments by the end of September. It is highly unlikely they'd miss that deadline since we're already 1/3 of the way there with just about two full months to go. If the keep pace and distribute $20-30 million every two weeks they'll hit it with no problem. If they missed it, the balance of the first $150 million would go back, but there is virtually no chance that would happen. They are well on pace to distribute $150 million by the end of September. To date, we're looking at some $50 million 'awarded' through Round 3.

They hope all the remaining awards will be distributed by December, but thats not a hard deadline they have to meet.

WebTeam

Default Thank for the Reply.

Thank you for your response. I know the folks over at FEMA are working very hard, and the paper work that has to be done on each grant is very time consuming. I am not complaining as I said earlier. I was just wondering if they had to have the grants all announced or just know who was getting the awards.
    SERVING FOR PRIDE
    PROUD TO SERVE!

Thread Information