MembersZone Subscriber

Default When does the department know it has been awarded a FEMA grant?

Is the department notified before the list is posted? Does the governor or congressman call that day of the award post or before everyone else knows?
    "Illegitimis non carborundum."

- Gen. Joseph Stilwell
    (Lat., "Don't let the *~#%&S grind you down.")

Forum Member

Default Notification

A courtesy notice is sent to one or both US Senators. They usually call the applicant prior to the official notice. Yesterday it was emailed to them and they began hitting the phones. Monday FEMA will post the official notification.

LDS

Forum Member

Default Notification

Ours came via phone call from our congressman's office. Simply put, they informed me that our application to the Assistance to Firefighters Grant was approved, and we could send out our press release. I was also told that they would mail me an official notification of award letter and a grant packet.
    Good Luck to all and Congrats to all who have been awarded grants thus far.

"Just remember. No matter where you go. There you are!"

Forum Member

Thumbs up Official Notification

Recieved the official notification e-mail from FEMA this evening awarding our grant. It instructed me to go to our app, site and click on the new link "View award package" and to print a copy for our records.
    Just one thing that I noticed at the bottom of page 8 of 8, is the date that it was signed by the FEMA official that admin. and executes the grants on 7/17/02. What is interesting about that date is, it is the date when they recieved my answers to the 5 question e-mail. Not after the D-D e-mail that was sent on 7/26/02! So if you have recieved the 5 questions, I would guess that it could be a very good sign. From reading the paperwork, it appears that our grant was approved after they recieved the answers to the questionaire. It took from the 17th of July to Aug 12th to be in the third round of awards. Almost a month from them knowing that we were awarded, to making the next list of awards.
    Good Luck to all, and congrats to everyone who has recieved a grant this far.

"Just remember. No matter where you go. There you are!"

Forum Member

Default Congrats John

Good job John!

Thanks for the information regarding the process. Hopefully it is something that we will have to work with.

Thanks again.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Anybody receive this message when signing into their app?
    Have gotten this message all day so far. Any ideas Webteam?

Proxy Error
    The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
    The proxy server could not handle the request POST /sacsWeb/dynamic/SacsMaster.jsp.

Reason: Could not connect to remote machine: Unknown error
    Last edited by timm1960; 08-16-2002 at 10:02 AM.

Default Proxy Error

It sound similiar to the problem everyone was having with the system at first. It is more than likely due to them updating the servere. I just got into my application, so you might try again. If you continue to have problems call the help line. Good luck!!!
    SERVING FOR PRIDE
    PROUD TO SERVE!

Default about the same as john king

also received the official email notafication from fema and on page 8 of 8 the date for fema segnatory official was 7-18-02. few things different was we receivced 1199 email on 7-9-02, received phone call from fema telling us we were awarded on 7-15-02. never had the 5 question request. so it took about a month to make it on the web site for round 3.

Question Hey Klondike....

You didnt get the 5 Q's.. but recieved the email for the 1199a on 7/9?
    How much was your split.... ours is only $902.00. We still havent heard either way, I figure (hopefully) that FEMA feels we could afford the split. ( I would pay it out of my pocket if I had to).
    Hoping to be in Round 4.
    Let me know, Thanks and congrats!

MembersZone Subscriber

In our case, it went like this:

1. We received the "Grant Application Review" email questionnaire on July 23, and responded to it immediately.

2. Our department was listed in the third round press release on August 12. This was brought to our attention by a Firehouse Forums participant who saw it in a Firehouse.com news article.

3. We received a congratulatory letter in the U.S. mail from one of our senators on August 13.

4. We received a congratulatory letter from our state Fire Marshal on August 14.

5. We received the "official" email ("Notification Of Award For Your Application") from FEMA on August 15.

I forgot my username and password (hey - it's been a while) As soon as FEMA gets back to me, I'll get online and follow the instructions. I had to do this by email as I was unable to call them during business hours on the 16th (Friday).
    Asst. Chief Bill

International Order of the Fraternal Brotherhood of the Club

Somewhere in or near north central Creek County, Oklahoma

Default repy to ffpm

we did not get the 5 questions or get any notice from our congressman when we won i had to notify them myself. our split was 12,500 dollars

Thread Information