Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I just wanted to give y'all something to chew on here.

I realize that I am in Canada, no where even close to Indiana. I am going to see if I can't pull up some info out of the state law library though. Here in BC, if you turn left, and are involved in an MVA of any kind it is deemed your fault Unless that MVA is with an emergency vehicle, meaning a dept vehicle not a POV, even if you were responding to a call. Any MVA's with emergency vehicles are automatically deemed the fault of the responder because the powers that be figure you should be a better driver then everyone else. Then our emergency vehicles also carry a completely seperate catagory of insurance from all other vehicles, and the drivers have to have a specific commercial licence plus a seperate emergency driving course.

Second thing is this 19 yr old girl was driving her brand new car, if I am not mistaken, I also have a brand new car, and it came quite nicely equiped with a pretty good stereo. I'm sure that most of us have heard stereo's blasting from give or take 4 blocks away. It is an assumption, but I would tend to think that she probably had her stereo turned up. Which would account for her not hearing him. Of course there are umpteen other possibilities, like she could have been on the phone, new driver with no clue, playing with the stereo etc. The point here is that some of the responsibility of this crash is hers.

bfd1071

Hauling A*&!! Admitted to traveling over 20mph over the speed limit. I do not know about in his state, but in Mine, HE WAS SPEEDING AND OUT OF CONTROL OF HIS VEHICLE!!! He admitted it!
    Ahhhhhh... I don't think he was actually out of control of his vehicle until perhaps a split second before he collided with the 19yr old, who (I am assuming here) didn't look in the rear view before turning.

"She was hurt worse than he was."

So he almost killed his wife as well???
    The article says that she was hurt worse then he was not that she was next to death. Once again it didn't state whether she whether she was on the same dept or not.

Please I am not trying to attack you or anything else, but in the beginning of this thread, a good number of us did come down on an explorer for exaggerating. Let's just stick to the facts.

Looking for the Penguin that stole my beer.

Originally posted by Temptaker
    ...Here in BC, if you turn left, and are involved in an MVA of any kind it is deemed your fault Unless that MVA is with an emergency vehicle, meaning a dept vehicle not a POV, even if you were responding to a call. Any MVA's with emergency vehicles are automatically deemed the fault of the responder because the powers that be figure you should be a better driver then everyone else. Then our emergency vehicles also carry a completely seperate catagory of insurance from all other vehicles, and the drivers have to have a specific commercial licence plus a seperate emergency driving course. ...
    Tempie... Also in Canada you need to yeild to moose turning right on a Tuesday and Sasquach holding snowcones...
    ---NO RETREAT... NO SURRENDER---

______Look Ma'... No Hands______

Drew

Tempie... Also in Canada you need to yeild to moose turning right on a Tuesday and Sasquach holding snowcones...
    The ones with the snowcones you are ok to go first with, it is the ones with BEER you gotta yield too

Thread Information