Temporarily/No Longer Active

Unhappy Is it just me or......

Is it just me or have I noticed a trend in here?
    I noticed that almost all of the people that post in here dont anymore-or if they do its on a rare occasion. I t appears us as a group tend to post more in the ff and off duty fourm.

Not makeing any judgement- just noticed this trend,seems like only a couple months ago there was a new thread everyday in here.But now everybody goes to firefighters fourm.

Just noticed
    dfdex1

who knows???? i know its hard for me to post...i never know what to post about with out sounding like a geeky dont know nothin nerd..
    "wait for.....it wait for it....your all so so so so fake"
    Q-uiz

Forum Member

Arrow True, very true...

I think you're right, dfdex1. I'm sure everyone has their reasons, whatever they may be. I know for me, being only 6 months away from being a full FF, I usually learn more from the crusties than I do here. Also, considering I am the first and only junior in my department, I don't really have many issues to discuss in here. Oh, and the fact that I have been busy all summer has a lot to do with it too. I haven't even posted on the other boards that much in quite a while.

who knows???? i know its hard for me to post...i never know what to post about with out sounding like a geeky dont know nothin nerd..
    Dont be afraid to ask questions even if you think they sound odd or wierd ask them- they could be very good.

The crusties on here can give you some good advice.

Good luck
    dfdex1

Forum Member

Default growin up

I used to post in this forum all the time. I still post, just not as much, as I have gotten older, I have started to post in the the firefighters thread, thats what my status is at the hall so I get exposed to stuff that is a bit more suitable in that forum. So I mean, just give it time and you'll get some fresh blood in here.
    Firefighter/EMT Mitch Cowen
    Hose Co. 1 1st Lieutenant
    Randolph Fire Co. Inc

, just give it time and you'll get some fresh blood in here.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA Yes my friend some new minds to warp and mold and pups to hit! BUH HAHAHAHAHA

it's a beautiful thing, isnt it?

Talking

Cofiregal you think we should take the new explorer ffmed2be to the the crusties so that she can start a crust of her own !LOL!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by dfdex1; 08-10-2002 at 07:54 PM.

Forum Member

Talking Sounds like a plan to me...

Ffmed2b, have you been properly introduced to the Crusty Old Jakes in the Firefighter's Forum? If not, we'll have to arrange that. As dfdex1 said, they do give excellenct advice. They're generally easy to get along with as well. Every question I have ever presented on these forums has been answered. No question is a dumb one as long as you can learn from it. Don't worry about it. Just kick back and relax, ask lots of questions and, as most anyone here could tell you, it's a good idea to keep your ears open and be ready to learn because there are some great teachers hanging around...

Question alright

will do. whats a crustie???
    "wait for.....it wait for it....your all so so so so fake"
    Q-uiz

whats a crustie???
    MY MY , Cofire me thinks that it is time for field trip for our probie, what do you think?

i think its because the conversations tend to be slightly more mature in other forums
    Nate Breton, Vice President
    Post 333 Salem Fire Rescue

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the ability to work with fear."

District Chief

dfdex1 and Co11firegal...perhaps people dont post because they have realized that this is an information exchange not a joke room. (not slamming you..just making an obserbvation). Both of you have come a long way and the newbie is learning too. I suggest you take control of the Junior/Explorer Forum and use it to exhange useful information.

And don't bring the newbie to us at the IACOJ until he/she deserves the introduction. Remember...our membership has paid the dues...more than once..

Keep up the positive attitude...good luck.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

I haven't posted a lot for two reasons.
    1. I've been busier and on the computer less during the summer.
    2. I come on the forums to exchange useful information pertaining to the fire service and to learn a little. I've found in the explorer/junior forum(with a few exceptions) its mostly people whining about wearing bicycle helmets or that they dont get in on the action, or people bragging about leading police on high speed chases on the way to fire calls. Sorry I just don't find this information useful, educationally or even worth my time. Maybe some of you in the new organization dfdex1 started could do a little forum policing. If there are good educationally topics that pertain to firefighting or explorering people will post.

well lets see here......thats because were firefighters!
    Rescue Squad 12 to FireAlarm!!.....Squad 12?.....Give Me The 3 Alram!!!!!!

Thread Information